C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting test drive. Vitesse and chrome buzz kill.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 09:47 PM
cstapp99
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Interesting test drive. Vitesse and chrome buzz kill.

My car is a 2010 C6 base 3LT with headers, tune, and a Vitesse throttle controller. I’ve had the itch for a C7, so I test-drove one this weekend. Beautiful car, but I failed to consider the fact that I have been driving mine with the Vitesse set to 6 for quite a while. The stock C7 felt like a dog, albeit a refined dog. LOL.

Word to the wise - if you have a Vitesse in your C6, set it to 0 for a week or so before you test drive a C7.

On a side note, I was still considering buying the car until I popped the hood and saw that the original owner had applied a heavy dose of chrome “cover up” pieces to the engine bay. To each his own, but that did it for me. No thanks.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:02 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Always going to be a glitch if you have mod'd C6, and then test drive a stock C7.

Take the C7 Z07 that should just be savage, but with it's tm hobbling still intact, you just shake your head on why the car is so power sedate instead.

P.S if you think that the Vitesse throttle controller is a game changer, does not hold a candle to actually software remapping the throttle mapping isntead.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:22 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,713 Likes on 2,998 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by cstapp99
My car is a 2010 C6 base 3LT with headers, tune, and a Vitesse throttle controller. I’ve had the itch for a C7, so I test-drove one this weekend. Beautiful car, but I failed to consider the fact that I have been driving mine with the Vitesse set to 6 for quite a while. The stock C7 felt like a dog, albeit a refined dog. LOL.

Word to the wise - if you have a Vitesse in your C6, set it to 0 for a week or so before you test drive a C7.

On a side note, I was still considering buying the car until I popped the hood and saw that the original owner had applied a heavy dose of chrome “cover up” pieces to the engine bay. To each his own, but that did it for me. No thanks.

I agree totally, there are many vendors who sell these chrome "dress up kits" for the C6. I can't stand that cheesy cheap chrome stuff
Old 03-20-2018, 07:18 AM
cstapp99
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

So, the C7 I drove was a 2014. Drove a 2016 Z51 today and was much more impressed. Brought her home. What a car!

Get notified of new replies

To Interesting test drive. Vitesse and chrome buzz kill.

Quick Reply: Interesting test drive. Vitesse and chrome buzz kill.