C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Testimonial Backing-Up My Engineering Test Data

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 02:59 PM
540 RAT
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Testimonial Backing-Up My Engineering Test Data

A June 2018 Testimonial regarding Amsoil 5W30 Signature Series, was sent by one of my Blog readers from Greece, which PROVED ONCE AGAIN that my motor oil Engineering Test Data "EXACTLY MATCHES" real world racing experience, and that you absolutely DO NOT need high zinc levels for incredible wear protection, as I have always said. It also proves ONCE AGAIN, that all my critics are DEAD WRONG, and have no idea what they are talking about, regarding motor oil and its performance capabilities. If you want the FACTS about motor oil, you need to read my Blog. The link is below.

For reference, at the time of this writing Amsoil 5W30 Signature Series low zinc oil, produced 134,352 psi, and is ranked 2nd for oils "just as they come, right out of the bottle" (only Amsoil 0W20 Signature Series, was able to slightly beat it), out of 223 oils tested so far. And Amsoil 10W30 Dominator Racing high zinc oil, produced a far lower 97,118psi, is ranked 62nd. The higher the psi value an oil can produce, the better the wear protection. Here is what he said in his Testimonial:

Hi (again) 540 Rat,

I ‘ve seen several times, as a Rally spectator ‘n’ fan, a Skoda Fabia S2000 participating in Greek Rally Championship, sponsored by Amsoil, and after reading your blog, the question “which specific Amsoil do they use, in a N/A 1,996 cc = 121c.in. racing motor running up to 9500r.p.m. and approx. 300hp…” emerged. So, I took myself to the service park with the intention to ask team engineers about that. In fact, I didn’t need to do so, because I saw them in an oil change using Amsoil 5W30 Signature Series oil, instead of Amsoil Dominator Racing oil. I found that this was kind-a-weird, so I decided to ask them “why so”.

Chief engineer told me that every time they need to rebuild the engine, they measure accurately, all geometric parameters such as clearances, ring’s width, cams heights etc. in order to replace if something was out of specs, and after 3800 racing kms (2000+miles), they decided to use Amsoil 5W30 Signature Series oil, because all mentioned components’ wear was close to non-measurable from one to the next rebuild procedure.

In fact, that’s -in my opinion- another proof that your data are “online” with real world’s facts. Of course, a high pressure oil pump and FIA approved oil cooler are provided. But apart from these, it’s still a highly stressed engine, revving most of its lifespan between 6,000 and 9,500 rpm, “feeding” via gearbox all 4 wheels.

The question remains: why not use Amsoil Dominator Racing oil...

(To mention rally team’s name, in order to avoid “suspicious minds” from “bad thoughts”: “Cabilis Performance”)

Keep doing great things,
E.C.
Greece

My final comment about this Testimonial: Amsoil Signature Series low zinc oil has performed far better than Amsoil Dominator Racing high zinc oil, in my Engineering tests. So, the obvious choice is their Signature Series low zinc oil, if you want the absolute best wear protection. Perhaps this Race Team has been reading my Blog.

540 RAT

For the truth about motor oil wear protection, that is not just opinion or theory, see my "TECH FACTS, NOT MYTHS" Blog, which now has over 460,000 views worldwide. You can see the Blog and my entire 223 motor oil “Wear Protection Ranking List”, which is "proven" by the Physics and Chemistry involved, and EXACTLY matches real world severe over-heating experience, real world Track experience, real world flat tappet break-in experience, and real world High Performance Street experience (test data validation doesn’t get any better than this), along with additional motor oil tech FACTS, by going to the Blog link below. Credentials, methodology, proof, facts, data, Industry endorsements, real world validation, etc, are all included in the Blog. See for yourself, the engine you save may be your own.

http://540ratblog.wordpress.com/
The following users liked this post:
brookiez28 (03-30-2024)
Old 06-12-2018, 08:17 PM
BigBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Amsoil is good stuff. No doubt about it.

For the record, I’m at a 100k miles on Mobil 1. Doesn’t leak or burn a drop.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:31 PM
long_tall_texan
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey 540 Rat. Thanks for all the data. Spent a long time pouring through your blog - several times actually. Couldn't absorb it all the first time. Did not see a way to request a new oil that is not on the list to be tested. Do you take requests?
Old 02-18-2019, 08:25 PM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 902 Likes on 587 Posts

Geez, a 80 character wide million line blog format. I would expect a "real" mechanical engineer to put all that data in a spread sheet where it could be ordered and sorted and filtered. Looks like a lot of great data in an unusable format.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:59 PM
jackson
Le Mans Master

Received 628 Likes on 556 Posts

Thank You 540rat

Get notified of new replies

To Testimonial Backing-Up My Engineering Test Data

Quick Reply: Testimonial Backing-Up My Engineering Test Data