C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering a C6 with ride control?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 06:51 PM
gpruitt54
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Lowering a C6 with ride control?

If a C6 has the ride control **** for touring and performance, can you still lower the car? Will the two driving modes be effected by lowering the car. I was under the impression that you could not lower a Corvette that has the ride control package. However, my 2006 C6, which has ride control, also has lowering bolts. So my assumption must be wrong.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:44 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by gpruitt54
If a C6 has the ride control **** for touring and performance, can you still lower the car? Will the two driving modes be effected by lowering the car. I was under the impression that you could not lower a Corvette that has the ride control package. However, my 2006 C6, which has ride control, also has lowering bolts. So my assumption must be wrong.
Yes you can. However, you limit the effective shock travel that affects the ability to utilize the programming. You'd need to adjust the sensors on each corner to compensate for the ride height adjustment bolts.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:51 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,019 Likes on 2,175 Posts

Yep, start off by lowering the car, corner balance it on the scales, then adjust the ride high sensors linkage arms so they are all reading all the same on a tech 2 with the car on level ground.
As for voltage to look for/adjust to on the ride height sensor's with the car on level ground, just depends on the amount that you lower the car.

Hence the ride height sensor are not as linear in their arm movement, so once the car has been lowered, corner balanced, your trying to get the ride height sensor back in the center of cam position with the car on level ground and the height you have it lowered and re-balance to.

Also, don't forget that once you lower the car, you will need to have the wheel alignment redone all four corners as well.

Last edited by Dano523; 06-17-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Lowering a C6 with ride control?

Quick Reply: Lowering a C6 with ride control?