C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can you compleatly diactivate traction control

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 08:18 PM
racer151
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default can you compleatly diactivate traction control

Drag racing my 08 c6, having issues with traction control and my nitrious, as in it seems to really not like it. I can shut it off with button but it still seems to activate in certain conditons. Is there a way to completely diactivate it like pull a fuse or something?
Old 06-25-2018, 09:13 PM
DanMan35
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 74 Posts

I know when you push the button it will say "traction control off". I always took this as it is completely deactivated. I could be wrong?
Old 06-25-2018, 09:26 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,086 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

One push of the button, and traction control is turned off

How could it be any easier ?

Attachment 48342151

Last edited by Turbo6TA; 06-25-2018 at 09:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
madmatt9471 (06-26-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 09:28 PM
racer151
Intermediate

In doing some more researchit looks like if you hold button down for 5 sec it deactivates both tc and active handling...
Old 06-25-2018, 09:35 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by racer151
In doing some more researchit looks like if you hold button down for 5 sec it deactivates both tc and active handling...
Turning off all the nannies is a really bad choice for drag racing.
If you haven't found out yet, TC is the default, so it resets itself every time you turn the engine off. If the swiggly tire icon is not lit, TC is on. Make a few passes w/o the NOS to verify the TC stays off after you push the button once. Then make passes with the NOS. If TC turns back on by itself, then the NOS switch/wiring is doing a reset.

Last edited by HOXXOH; 06-25-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:03 PM
racer151
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Turning off all the nannies is a really bad choice for drag racing.
If you haven't found out yet, TC is the default, so it resets itself every time you turn the engine off. If the swiggly tire icon is not lit, TC is on. Make a few passes w/o the NOS to verify the TC stays off after you push the button once. Then make passes with the NOS. If TC turns back on by itself, then the NOS switch/wiring is doing a reset.
It really messes with the nitrous, when the car tries to spin then it does its thing with the fuel and timing. I have been having issues in the burn out, with the TC off when your driving out of the burnout under power then it activates active handling, if i don't reset the TC button then nitrous will not activate on the run. It would just be easier to shut it all off and not have to do all that messing around before staging the car.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:57 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by racer151
It really messes with the nitrous, when the car tries to spin then it does its thing with the fuel and timing. I have been having issues in the burn out, with the TC off when your driving out of the burnout under power then it activates active handling, if i don't reset the TC button then nitrous will not activate on the run. It would just be easier to shut it all off and not have to do all that messing around before staging the car.
It appears that the AH is the fail-safe for the nitrous. So if you want easy, you need to learn how to do a burnout that doesn't activate AH. Turning off AH and doing your style burnout will cause you problems you don't want to have.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:30 AM
roastin300
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I am assuming your nitrous getting weird is due to you using a WOT trigger for it and traction control/torque management is closing the throttle to reduce torque to the rear wheels.

The throttle closing to reduce engine torque can be easily turned off/maxed out in the tune. Or you can switch the torque management method to use spark timing only, or eliminate it completely as I said. Most LS cars use both spark and throttle to reduce power when torque management is active. Torque management exists for traction control and also exists to protect the transmission (if you have an auto trans).

Turning it off will keep your throttle open and you wont be turning nitrous on and off (If your in fact using a WOT trigger or your nitrous).

Get notified of new replies

To can you compleatly diactivate traction control

Quick Reply: can you compleatly diactivate traction control