C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Column lock reset?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 12:08 AM
Red86Cfour
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 107 Posts

Default Column lock reset?

So I had my column lock rear it’s ugly head again after years of being jammed open and being trouble free. So after tearing open the dash, installing the correct column lock bypass module as recommended by Dano, it still won’t start on the first try. It takes sometimes a dozen button pushes or more to start. Strangely, when I shut it off, if I don’t shift into reverse and push the button it starts every time. I’ve changed the battery cables since the battery ends were severely corroded using dielectric grease at critical connections, spray cleaned and greased the connections at the column lock module, cleaned and greased the connectors in the fuse/relay box with no improvement. It always still says service column lock on the dic even when it starts.

It it should be noted that when running the dic shows a consistent 14.4v. So is it possible the clb module is a dud? I’ve inquired on a used column lock module on eBay that I might try if it’s a reasonable price. I’m wondering about reconnecting the column lock module to the actuator cable but removing the two pins for the motor so it stays unlocked.

Is is there any way to reset the ecu after installing the column lock bypass?

Any ideas? I’m getting tired of driving my truck every day.

Quick Reply: Column lock reset?