C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUX Wire route - Kawal

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 11:46 AM
AdamPonty
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default AUX Wire route - Kawal

Hello friends,

I just got the Ray Kawal Premium XM AUX Cord that plugs into the XM box in the trunk.

I Just want your advice, and pictures if you have any, on how to cleanly run the wire up to the front of the car. Preferably make the wire come out of the glove box.

What do you guys recommend / what did you do?

Thank you,
-Adam
Old 09-21-2018, 03:21 PM
theandrewo
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

I did this, and didn't take any pictures. Sorry.

I ran the wire from the XM box, along the left side under the carpet for about a foot, and then ran the wire thru the middle of the car (still under carpet) and had it come out from the underside plastic housing of the center console. This way, I only had to remove a total of 2 bolts (in the center console). The wire comes out about where the passenger seatbelt connects. I don't love it, bc the passenger always ends up sitting on it, but it works and I saved myself at least an hour for removing a bunch of cheap plastic parts in the interior that I would probably break. (I'm used to working on an old Yota, so I don't quite have the patience or finesse for a Vette interior yet.)
Old 09-22-2018, 08:44 AM
AdamPonty
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, thank you. That was the easiest thing I’ve ever done. And it looks really clean and factory.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:06 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

I did it the same way except ran it a little further up toward the front and mounted it just below the phone clip.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:22 PM
JadedJT
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wish I did

I attempted to splice in the wires and have shorted something out. Car won’t crank and have no clue.

Get notified of new replies

To AUX Wire route - Kawal

Quick Reply: AUX Wire route - Kawal