C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aldan American Install with Measurements

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 10:40 PM
BMF_C6
Pro

Received 312 Likes on 187 Posts

Default Aldan American Install with Measurements

Front Tires - PSS 265/35/R18 @ 30 psi
Rear Tires - PSS 345/30/R19 @ 30 psi
Initial Aldan Pre-Load set @ 1/4"

NOTE: Front & Rear Sway Bar End Links Disconnected (on order)

Started by throwing the rotor & tires on the car and dropping it on the ground - the initial ride height was low with the 1/4" pre-load on the springs - began adjusting the ride height, measuring from the ground to the fender well at the center of each of the rims as the go by. Adjusted each coil over independently to match the ride height from side to side so the car is level using the measurements at the fender wells

While going through this, it took several visits back and forth getting the height and the sides level - as you can see some coil overs took more adjustment than the other.

I also started thinking that the sway bars are not connected - everyone says that the bars should be set neutral - so after this adjustment my plan is to fill the tank and set my end links so the bolts go in easily with the car on the ground.

All comments are welcome before the rest of the parts get in and I get it back on the road - first stop is alignment, anybody know of a shop that does corner balancing in Houston? Do I need to have it CB'd??? Thoughts about how it was leveled? and the end links being neutral??

FRONT FINAL ADJUSTMENT @ Ride Height = 25 1/2"
  • Drivers Side
    • Beginning of threads to bottom nut measurement = 1 1/2"
  • Passenger Side
    • Beginning of threads to bottom nut measurement = 1 5/8"
Front Drivers Side:

Front Drivers Side Ride Height

Front Driver Side 1 1/2" Thread to Nut

Drivers Side View after adjustment

Front Passenger Side:

Front Passenger Ride Height 25 1/2"

Front Passenger Side Thread to Nut Measurement 1 5/8"

Front Passenger Side View

REAR FINAL ADJUSTMENT @ Ride Height = Driver's Side - 27 7/16" Passenger Side - 27 3/8" (for some reason the drivers side did not need much adjustment from the initial 1/4' pre-load and the passenger side was adjusted by adding pre-load to match the ride height of the drivers side)
  • Drivers Side
    • Beginning of threads to bottom nut measurement = 2 5/16"
  • Passenger Side
    • Beginning of threads to bottom nut measurement = 2 3/4"
Rear Drivers Side:

Rear Drivers Side Ride Height 27 7/16" (I hate that rock ding in the fender well, this was my son's daily driver for years that I took over from him)

Rear Drivers Side Thread to Nut Measurement 2 5/16"

Rear Drivers Side View

Rear Passenger Side:

Rear Passenger Side Ride Height 27 3/8"

Rear Passenger Side Thread to Nut Measurement 2 3/4"

Rear Passenger Side View

Stance

Last edited by BMF_C6; 09-25-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Aldan American Install with Measurements