Mishimoto radiator for C6 review (A&A kit) - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mishimoto radiator for C6 review (A&A kit)

Old 11-01-2018, 10:55 AM
JasonSB
CF Senior Member

MAP on the Mishimoto is $697. Retail is $930
Old 11-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Tom DeWitt
Premium Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by JasonSB View Post
MAP on the Mishimoto is $697. Retail is $930
If you are using the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) term correctly, $697 is the lowest price a dealer may advertise the product. I guess that is possible but I don't think that is what you mean. Typically a manufacturers MAP and retail are the same or very close.. Then they give wholesale accounts a discount to sell the product. In this case, if the dealer was offered a 25% discount their net cost would be $697.50. The dealer can sell the item for whatever they want but the MAP agreement says they just can't advertise it lower than MAP. That's why sometimes you see something for sale on the internet with no price until you put it in your shopping cart. My main point is, nobody here cares what MAP is. That's an agreement between the manufacturer and the dealer. Final price is set by each dealer.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:22 AM
Jinchen Zhou

Hi ,I have a question for you,I have a 2006 z51 and my stock radiator is leaking now so I am looking for a new radiator, and I checked your website and I am a little confused about the regular and the short one? what is the difference? which one should I go for?
Old 11-02-2018, 09:16 AM
Unreal
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,272 Times in 1,094 Posts

Only reason to run the short one is for big power 1200+rwhp big centri blower builds that want an easier time putting airfilter on and off. It cuts down cooling, fan options, and you can still fit a 4" pipe inlet on a full size, so all the short one does is end up allowing it to be slightly easier.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:38 AM
JasonSB
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tom DeWitt View Post
If you are using the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) term correctly, $697 is the lowest price a dealer may advertise the product. I guess that is possible but I don't think that is what you mean. Typically a manufacturers MAP and retail are the same or very close.. Then they give wholesale accounts a discount to sell the product. In this case, if the dealer was offered a 25% discount their net cost would be $697.50. The dealer can sell the item for whatever they want but the MAP agreement says they just can't advertise it lower than MAP. That's why sometimes you see something for sale on the internet with no price until you put it in your shopping cart. My main point is, nobody here cares what MAP is. That's an agreement between the manufacturer and the dealer. Final price is set by each dealer.
MAP is the lowest price a dealer can list it for. So most dealers will list and sell it at around $700. Final price cant go below $697 for any dealer.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:45 PM
Mishimoto
CF Member

Originally Posted by JasonSB View Post
MAP is the lowest price a dealer can list it for. So most dealers will list and sell it at around $700. Final price cant go below $697 for any dealer.
JasonSB would be correct. We allow our vendors to price as low as $697.50 for this radiator and there are quite a few offering it for this amount.

For additional questions or concerns, please reach out to [email protected]!

Thanks,
Justin T.
Mishimoto Automotive
Old 11-08-2018, 08:40 PM
ZR1-ab
CF Senior Member

• Drops outlet temperature by 5F across powerband for $700 + install.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: