C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mishimoto radiator for C6 review (A&A kit)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 09:55 AM
JasonSB
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

MAP on the Mishimoto is $697. Retail is $930
Old 11-01-2018, 09:53 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSB
MAP on the Mishimoto is $697. Retail is $930
If you are using the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) term correctly, $697 is the lowest price a dealer may advertise the product. I guess that is possible but I don't think that is what you mean. Typically a manufacturers MAP and retail are the same or very close.. Then they give wholesale accounts a discount to sell the product. In this case, if the dealer was offered a 25% discount their net cost would be $697.50. The dealer can sell the item for whatever they want but the MAP agreement says they just can't advertise it lower than MAP. That's why sometimes you see something for sale on the internet with no price until you put it in your shopping cart. My main point is, nobody here cares what MAP is. That's an agreement between the manufacturer and the dealer. Final price is set by each dealer.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:22 AM
Jinchen Zhou
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi ,I have a question for you,I have a 2006 z51 and my stock radiator is leaking now so I am looking for a new radiator, and I checked your website and I am a little confused about the regular and the short one? what is the difference? which one should I go for?
Old 11-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Only reason to run the short one is for big power 1200+rwhp big centri blower builds that want an easier time putting airfilter on and off. It cuts down cooling, fan options, and you can still fit a 4" pipe inlet on a full size, so all the short one does is end up allowing it to be slightly easier.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:38 AM
JasonSB
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom DeWitt
If you are using the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) term correctly, $697 is the lowest price a dealer may advertise the product. I guess that is possible but I don't think that is what you mean. Typically a manufacturers MAP and retail are the same or very close.. Then they give wholesale accounts a discount to sell the product. In this case, if the dealer was offered a 25% discount their net cost would be $697.50. The dealer can sell the item for whatever they want but the MAP agreement says they just can't advertise it lower than MAP. That's why sometimes you see something for sale on the internet with no price until you put it in your shopping cart. My main point is, nobody here cares what MAP is. That's an agreement between the manufacturer and the dealer. Final price is set by each dealer.
MAP is the lowest price a dealer can list it for. So most dealers will list and sell it at around $700. Final price cant go below $697 for any dealer.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:45 PM
0Mishimoto
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSB
MAP is the lowest price a dealer can list it for. So most dealers will list and sell it at around $700. Final price cant go below $697 for any dealer.
JasonSB would be correct. We allow our vendors to price as low as $697.50 for this radiator and there are quite a few offering it for this amount.

For additional questions or concerns, please reach out to Support@Mishimoto.com!

Thanks,
Justin T.
Mishimoto Automotive
Old 11-08-2018, 07:40 PM
ZR1-ab
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

• Drops outlet temperature by 5°F across powerband for $700 + install.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:39 PM
shniggy
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom DeWitt
Here it is at JEGS for $697. JEGS sells at MAP.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:41 AM
05 Wreck
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

LMP Performance:
https://www.lmperformance.com/840496...s-natural.html

Quick Reply: Mishimoto radiator for C6 review (A&A kit)