C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another awkward clutch issue!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 12:29 AM
Dallace Seiuli
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another awkward clutch issue!

Hi guys,

I have a weird clutch pedal issue. Before i go out and start buying a bunch of things id like to see if anyone has any insight.

I have read many similar problems on here tryi ng to diagnose my issue.but i dont seem to have similar luck with their resolutions

Problem: My pedal seens to operate at thr halfway mark disengaging the clutch disk, if more pressure is applied it starts to ever so lightly grab and move the car.
It started after i let the car sit for about three weeks and went to park it. I started the car drove it about 30 feet went to clutch to reverse and when i released the clutch it did not return fully and began having the above issue.

Pumping and the ranger method did nothing for me.

I have then tried the tub stopper method, to no avail.

And now have manually bled via the bleeder on bellhoising traditional 2 person and mity vac and pneumatic vac. Also with little to no success.

Now that i have exhausted those options ( fugured id start cheap and work my way up) i am moving to replacing the master cylinder.

Question is , has anyone had similar experiences and what are more solutions if ive missed any?

Thanks
-Dallace
Old 03-18-2019, 01:18 PM
Dutch08
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallace Seiuli
Hi guys,

I have a weird clutch pedal issue. Before i go out and start buying a bunch of things id like to see if anyone has any insight.

I have read many similar problems on here tryi ng to diagnose my issue.but i dont seem to have similar luck with their resolutions

Problem: My pedal seens to operate at thr halfway mark disengaging the clutch disk, if more pressure is applied it starts to ever so lightly grab and move the car.
It started after i let the car sit for about three weeks and went to park it. I started the car drove it about 30 feet went to clutch to reverse and when i released the clutch it did not return fully and began having the above issue.

Pumping and the ranger method did nothing for me.

I have then tried the tub stopper method, to no avail.

And now have manually bled via the bleeder on bellhoising traditional 2 person and mity vac and pneumatic vac. Also with little to no success.

Now that i have exhausted those options ( fugured id start cheap and work my way up) i am moving to replacing the master cylinder.

Question is , has anyone had similar experiences and what are more solutions if ive missed any?

Thanks
-Dallace
Just a guess, slave cylinder leaking or pilot bearing ? I had to replace both on my '05 it felt like the clutch would not release.

Quick Reply: Another awkward clutch issue!