C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z cam install Q ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 07:28 AM
magnoman
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Z cam install Q ...

Hi Guys ,
Thinking about doing a mild cam in 08Z I have done two in my C5Z and know it's a different procedure due to dry sump oil pump . Just wondering what guys have done with aligning oil pump flush with bottom of block ? Seems to be very critical ?
Old 05-13-2019, 04:14 AM
MURDEREDOUT
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Aligning it to the bottom is no big deal there is a gasket there from the pan. However, you'll need to align the gears on the oil pump to the crank shaft. That is critical! not just slapping it on like LS1/LS6 pumps. Good luck!
Old 05-13-2019, 08:34 AM
magnoman
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks ,
Is it a must to loosen oil pan all oil pan bolts ? Was reading some use thin feeler gauge between oil pump and gasket on oil pan as not to damage gasket .
Old 05-19-2019, 03:37 AM
MURDEREDOUT
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Breaking the seal of the gasket is the toughest there. I just dropped the pan some when I did mine I assume try the feeler gauge first but try not to cut the gasket in the process. Drain the oil first! I made the mistake of not draining the oil tank. lol

Get notified of new replies

To Z cam install Q ...

Quick Reply: Z cam install Q ...