C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help keeping unfiltered oil out of your bearings and lifters!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 01:06 AM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Location: SacCityCorvette.com in Sacramento Ca Join us on Facebook!
Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12,'13,'15,'16,'17

Default Help keeping unfiltered oil out of your bearings and lifters!

SacCityCorvette's
Precision LS Billet Barbell and other Oil System Improvement products!

The Oil Galley Barbell in your LS based engine is something that is over looked. And yet it serves a very important mission of directing oil to the oil filter. If oil leaks past the Barbell it will go unfiltered directly to the Cam Bearing, Lifters, Crank and Rod Bearings. (See Diagram Below) The factory Barbell is approximately .020” to loose so particles as big as 500 Microns can leak past the factory Barbell. Your oil filter will filter out 15 to 25 Microns depend on the brand of filter. Our 6061 Aluminum Precision Billet Barbell fits with approximately .001” clearance which will let only about 20-25 Microns pass by, that same as the filter.

Another important part is the shaft of the Barbell. The oil has to flow around it to get though the oil port. Our Billet Barbell has a 30% smaller shaft for much less flow restriction.

We have also added a 1/4-20 threaded hole in the end of our Barbell for easy removal. Just screw a 1/4-20 bolt in and pull the barbell out. No more digging and prying to get the factory one out.

Better engine protection from much less and smaller particles bypassing, smaller less restrictive shaft for better oil flow, replaceable High Temperature Viton O ring and for ease of service a threaded 1/4-20 hole.
Why would you ever put the plastic factory Barbell back in your expensive LS engine build?

See Our other Oil System Performance Improvement Products below.

Fits LS1-2-3-6-7-9-LQ4-LQ9-4.8L-5.3L-6.0L-6.2La and more!
Also, available for the new Gen 5 LT1/LT4!

Only $26.95 Free Shipping
http://www.saccitycorvette.com/Billet-BarBell.html

Here you can see how the unfiltered oil gets by the loose factory Barbell. Also you can see how our Barbells smaller shaft will improve oil flow!

Check Out all 4 of our Oil System Improvement products!
http://www.saccitycorvette.com/Billet-BarBell.html

If you don't know much about how the Barbell works check out video.

Video of how loose the factory Barbell really is compared to our billet Barbell.

If you like our products, tell others! If not, tell us!
Old 09-12-2022, 03:00 AM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Bump for our Precision fit Oil Diverter/Barbell and oil system improvement parts..

Thank you!
Old 09-12-2022, 09:35 AM
666lisa
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

[QUOTE=SacCityCorvette;1605663677]Bump for our Precision fit Oil Diverter/Barbell and oil system improvement parts..

Was the stock one causing engine damage because of this so called problem???
Old 09-12-2022, 02:04 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

[QUOTE=666lisa;1605664203]
Originally Posted by SacCityCorvette
Bump for our Precision fit Oil Diverter/Barbell and oil system improvement parts..

Was the stock one causing engine damage because of this so called problem???
Hi,
Probably just not letting the engine live as long as it could if any unfiltered oil gets by. Especially for the needle bearings in the lifters.
Companies like Texas Speed one of the biggest if not the biggest LS performance engine builders use and sell our Barbells if that tells you anything.
Thanks
Christian
Old 09-15-2022, 09:32 AM
bangerbean
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Did you do any testing of the oil before and after? A Blackstone test would be good to see...
Old 09-15-2022, 06:05 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by bangerbean
Did you do any testing of the oil before and after? A Blackstone test would be good to see...
Hi bangerbean,
No we didn't do before and after testing because common sense tells us that if you let any unfiltered oil go by instead of
forcing it to go through the filter, its not going to be as clean as filtered oil.

Thank you
Christian
Old 09-16-2022, 10:46 AM
666lisa
Racer

[QUOTE=SacCityCorvette;1605665404]
Originally Posted by 666lisa

Hi,
Probably just not letting the engine live as long as it could if any unfiltered oil gets by. Especially for the needle bearings in the lifters.
Companies like Texas Speed one of the biggest if not the biggest LS performance engine builders use and sell our Barbells if that tells you anything.
Thanks
Christian
Just what i've read on LS sites. There are many many engine that texas speed build with not go outcomes did not even make 5k so is that dew to your part and if it isn't how did you prove. it Sorry but Your coming out here pinching a product that you never tested. If you can prove that your part was not part of the failure. Kudos, but you see where im coming from. Your not GM that test parts with engineers watching the outcome and then their parts fail also. So saying that your part was not the problem of Texas speed brake down, wow thats bold statement. Just saying. No black up testing wow.
Old 09-16-2022, 03:45 PM
bangerbean
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi bangerbean,
No we didn't do before and after testing because common sense tells us that if you let any unfiltered oil go by instead of
forcing it to go through the filter, its not going to be as clean as filtered oil.

Thank you
Christian
Lol that’s a pretty amazing response.
Old 09-17-2022, 07:27 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

[QUOTE=666lisa;1605682060]
Just what i've read on LS sites. There are many many engine that texas speed build with not go outcomes did not even make 5k so is that dew to your part and if it isn't how did you prove. it Sorry but Your coming out here pinching a product that you never tested. If you can prove that your part was not part of the failure. Kudos, but you see where im coming from. Your not GM that test parts with engineers watching the outcome and then their parts fail also. So saying that your part was not the problem of Texas speed brake down, wow thats bold statement. Just saying. No black up testing wow.
If our part was the cause of any of Texas Speeds engine failures I'm sure they would not use them and told us they were the problem!
And so would of the our 10k users would have told us also.
So you must think that every after market part is run through scientific testing?
Old 09-19-2022, 09:35 AM
666lisa
Racer

[QUOTE=SacCityCorvette;1605687384]

If our part was the cause of any of Texas Speeds engine failures I'm sure they would not use them and told us they were the problem!
And so would of the our 10k users would have told us also.
So you must think that every after market part is run through scientific testing?
I dont understand why u think this is improvement when u have absolutely no data. You got to c where this is going, just dont make sense. I never saw a ls engine or any engine at that matter. I guess GM didn't get it right when there has never been a proven fact that there part was causing damage. I think ls engines go up 300k miles with the stock part. Has ur part proven to go 400 to 500k thats what ur claiming if its an improvement. I never heard TS engines go that many. Yes ur right, because if u read the fine print it says, run at ur own risk and we do not guarantee. Dont get me wrong u guys came up with great ideas that proven to work awesome. But ,you cant prove this part is doing what ur claiming, Thats all im saying.
Old 09-19-2022, 11:10 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

[QUOTE=666lisa;1605692156]
I dont understand why u think this is improvement when u have absolutely no data. You got to c where this is going, just dont make sense. I never saw a ls engine or any engine at that matter. I guess GM didn't get it right when there has never been a proven fact that there part was causing damage. I think ls engines go up 300k miles with the stock part. Has ur part proven to go 400 to 500k thats what ur claiming if its an improvement. I never heard TS engines go that many. Yes ur right, because if u read the fine print it says, run at ur own risk and we do not guarantee. Dont get me wrong u guys came up with great ideas that proven to work awesome. But ,you cant prove this part is doing what ur claiming, Thats all im saying.
I don't know where you are getting your info from, maybe from one of the copy cat copies that are trying to copy our products!
Also, we have never said anything about how many miles the LS is going to get! Nobody knows. And they all don't get up to 300k miles. Know one knows how many miles its going to get.
And we don't have "fine print stating run at your own risk and we do not guarantee"! More crap from some other site you are getting your info from! We don't have any fine print. Don't need it!

I have a idea, just don't use any of our products and then you won't have to worry about it.

Thanks
Christian
Old 09-20-2022, 10:07 AM
666lisa
Racer

[QUOTE=SacCityCorvette;1605695524]

I don't know where you are getting your info from, maybe from one of the copy cat copies that are trying to copy our products!
Also, we have never said anything about how many miles the LS is going to get! Nobody knows. And they all don't get up to 300k miles. Know one knows how many miles its going to get.
And we don't have "fine print stating run at your own risk and we do not guarantee"! More crap from some other site you are getting your info from! We don't have any fine print. Don't need it!

I have a idea, just don't use any of our products and then you won't have to worry about it.

Thanks
Christian
All good, Like i said you guys come up with great ideas that help the LS community. Keep it up..

Just challenging a little.
Old 09-20-2022, 03:19 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

[QUOTE=666lisa;1605696533]
All good, Like i said you guys come up with great ideas that help the LS community. Keep it up..

Just challenging a little.
Thanks 666lisa!

Get notified of new replies

To Help keeping unfiltered oil out of your bearings and lifters!

Quick Reply: Help keeping unfiltered oil out of your bearings and lifters!