C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which wire is this one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 11:01 AM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

Default Which wire is this one?

Well, the kooks cooked my starter wires. What appears to be the larger of the two is fine as you can see in the picture, but this one is gone. It wasn't as bad as it looks here. I cut a lot of the insulation back with a razor blade to see if I could put a lug on it and be good to go. Clearly, the answer is no, so it needs to be replaced. I *think* that the large red one that is still attached to the starter is battery and this one, which goes around the back of the engine runs directly to the alternator. Am I correct on that?

Can I simply run a large (heat wrapped) single wire from the lug on the alternator down to the starter and be good to go?

And, is there a good way to get at the nuts for these wires? If there is, I'd love to hear it. I'm having a horrible time getting to them, even with the headers loose.

I think that's the battery cable still attached, am I correct?

Seems to go around the engine. To the alternator?

Old 05-29-2019, 04:22 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

Now that the vendors are done for the day I can push this up and maybe someone will see it.

Quick Reply: Which wire is this one?