C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which exhaust is this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 08:16 AM
Jetstream 08
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which exhaust is this?

Does someone know what kind of exhaust setup I have? It does say Corsa on the tips, but I do not see a kit on their website that looks like this. Also is that X pipe aftermarket as well? I think the 2008 came with an H pipe, right? Thanks

Old 06-02-2019, 08:36 AM
Jetstream 08
Heel & Toe

I see that I am wrong. It looks like everything is stock besides the pipe after the X. So the only question is the catback exhaust. I like how there is no drone, but the car is still a bit quiet for my taste. Eventually headers or LS7 manifolds may make it on the car. Any opinions on the LS7 manifolds...ie is that swap worth it? Daily driver here.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:53 PM
racerx3317
Drifting

Received 207 Likes on 161 Posts

Im pretty sure those are Corsa sports single tip.

http://www.corvettegarage.com/c6-z06...t-exhaust.html
Old 06-02-2019, 05:26 PM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 445 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetstream 08
I see that I am wrong. It looks like everything is stock besides the pipe after the X. So the only question is the catback exhaust. I like how there is no drone, but the car is still a bit quiet for my taste. Eventually headers or LS7 manifolds may make it on the car. Any opinions on the LS7 manifolds...ie is that swap worth it? Daily driver here.
Indeed, those are Corsa Sports...they are available with either Quad or Dual tips, which is what you have. The Sports are the middle of the Corsa line for loudness....the Touring are the most quiet & the Extremes are the loudest. If you're looking for something less quiet, you could look for a used NPP system in the For Sale sections. With the NPP, you can run "quiet" or "loud" depending upon what you want at the moment.
Not sure what you mean by 'LS7 Manifolds'. If you mean exhaust headers, then most here will recommend American Racing Headers (ARH), Kooks or Billy Boat, etc. Any of those will give you a louder exhaust note thru your current set up & if you do go with after-market headers, then you might as well do that manufacturer's X-Pipe with high flow cats. You'll need a tune after that mod, but should easily pick up 25-40 hp.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:20 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetstream 08
The 2008 came with an X Pipe.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:01 AM
Jetstream 08
Heel & Toe

Thanks all. Glad to know what kind of exhaust is on it. Yeah I saw some people were taking the exhaust manifolds off the Z06 and using those. Assuming you would have to use everything though from the Z06 piping (at least cats and x-pipe). May not be worth the cost and work.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:50 PM
rabrooks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

if its quiet, its probably Corsa Touring

Get notified of new replies

To Which exhaust is this?

Quick Reply: Which exhaust is this?