Notices
C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Tires

Old 06-09-2019, 09:47 PM
Jbeautexas
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Track Tires

New to tracking my Vette, my Pilot SS 4S’ life are coming to an end. Loved them, they changed my track life.

Has anyone run any Bridgestone’s? Review seem pretty good, seem a little less expensive. (?)

Thanks,
JB
Old 06-13-2019, 08:57 PM
tslsa28
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you need to use the tires on the street? If only street driving is to and from track, I would get Nitto NTO1s. They are very fast and can take a lot of abuse and will stay fast for as many heat cycles as the tread lasts. It will help if you max out your camber. You can also get an extra set of wheels very cheap on eBay for the track tires.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:13 PM
TxLefty
CF Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Have a buddy that tracks his modified C5Z regularly and he buys lightly used slicks off the internet and uses those. They last him two weekends and I think he normally pays somewhere around $250-300 for a set. I suspect that would be less expensive than using a good street tire.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Track Tires

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: