C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas speed headers reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 11:48 AM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Texas speed headers reviews

For the price they seem like a hard to beat deal.. but worried about quality.. kooks are high don’t get me wrong you get what you pay for but just curious if anyone is running Texas speed
Old 06-15-2019, 12:06 PM
rjwittmann92
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them on my 2010 Corvette Grand Sport manual transmission. The headers themselves fit perfectly. It took a little persuasion to get the x pipe on all the way and to get the NPP mufflers into the connection pipes. Overall I'm happy with my purchase. The texas speed headers on my wifes 2016 camaro ss went on as easy as could be at all the slip fit connection. Mine were a lot tighter.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:55 PM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Originally Posted by rjwittmann92
I have them on my 2010 Corvette Grand Sport manual transmission. The headers themselves fit perfectly. It took a little persuasion to get the x pipe on all the way and to get the NPP mufflers into the connection pipes. Overall I'm happy with my purchase. The texas speed headers on my wifes 2016 camaro ss went on as easy as could be at all the slip fit connection. Mine were a lot tighter.
GotchA. T hats what I am needing to know I guess. I am wanting to get them and have a shop install them Have read a couple people have issues with them at connection points leaking and clamps not being good. Others say they are cheap. Mine is a A6 not sure if that will matter and plan to just connect them to my stock muffler until I save the rest and get the axel back. Did you put cats or go catless ?
Old 06-16-2019, 09:38 AM
bigron1212
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

I've had TSP headers and X-pipe on for about a year now. They are holding up great. The fitment is good, the passenger side header does hang a hair low but I'm lower on stock bolts and I have only ever scraped once. They sound great too!
Old 06-16-2019, 10:47 AM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Originally Posted by bigron1212
I've had TSP headers and X-pipe on for about a year now. They are holding up great. The fitment is good, the passenger side header does hang a hair low but I'm lower on stock bolts and I have only ever scraped once. They sound great too!
That’s no you for sharing. That’s thing things I would like to know. I think that’s the way I am going to go. My car is not lowered at all so should be good.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:50 PM
MoNkEy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've read from others about how low the TSP headers are, with that I searched for other "budget" headers and came across Speed Engineering headers.

I was on a budget due to replacing my valve dropped LS7 with a complete built motor from TSP. A 2K$ set of headers wasn't going to happen, and if you've ever worked on the exhaust system I wanted to limit the amount I needed to install/remove it.

I was impressed with the material, weld quality and fitment of the Speed Engineering headers. I've never had to be concerned with the headers ground clearance.
I wrapped headers and my new starter to keep it cool. The exhaust clamps supplied with the xpipe are budget, I replaced with a quality brand of exhaust clamps.
The wide band 02 bung and 02 bungs are in good positions, I purchased and used their 02 extensions to save myself from fighting the stock wiring plugs in the small space above the bell housing .

https://www.speed-engineering.com/sh...3-engines.html

The following users liked this post:
FASTZ (06-20-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 10:23 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

Unless it’s changed, I don’t believe that Texas speed offers a catted x pipe.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:28 PM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

flow rate, I think they work fine. I have seen problems where they rub against the steering column thus producing false knock
Old 06-19-2019, 10:37 PM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Originally Posted by MoNkEy
I've read from others about how low the TSP headers are, with that I searched for other "budget" headers and came across Speed Engineering headers.

I was on a budget due to replacing my valve dropped LS7 with a complete built motor from TSP. A 2K$ set of headers wasn't going to happen, and if you've ever worked on the exhaust system I wanted to limit the amount I needed to install/remove it.

I was impressed with the material, weld quality and fitment of the Speed Engineering headers. I've never had to be concerned with the headers ground clearance.
I wrapped headers and my new starter to keep it cool. The exhaust clamps supplied with the xpipe are budget, I replaced with a quality brand of exhaust clamps.
The wide band 02 bung and 02 bungs are in good positions, I purchased and used their 02 extensions to save myself from fighting the stock wiring plugs in the small space above the bell housing .

https://www.speed-engineering.com/sh...3-engines.html

First run idle video, big chop!

Well that’s what I am curious about. I am going to go with these and I was curious about wrapping them also Well do you know the part number on the clamps you used. And did you change the exhaust header bolts also. Or reuse the old ones
Old 06-21-2019, 02:47 PM
MoNkEy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I used summit racing 3" stainless exhaust clamps. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-681300/overview/

I also used ARP header bolts.

Last edited by MoNkEy; 06-21-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 04:36 PM
CJ Willys
Le Mans Master

Received 505 Likes on 295 Posts

I had Texas headers. No complaints at all.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:16 PM
SixAddict
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,119 Likes on 764 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I also went with the Speed Engineering headers and x pipe, used my old manifold bolts and bought 31 inch 02 extensions, even used their included clamps which have been taken off and put back on a couple times for tranny service and cable replacement. Bolted right up to my npp, no issues with scrapping, fitment, or leaks.
Couldnt justifiy spend a couple thousand dollars on this setup so I figured T304 stainless is T304 stainless.....
Good luck on your decision.....
Old 06-22-2019, 05:07 AM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Originally Posted by SixAddict
I also went with the Speed Engineering headers and x pipe, used my old manifold bolts and bought 31 inch 02 extensions, even used their included clamps which have been taken off and put back on a couple times for tranny service and cable replacement. Bolted right up to my npp, no issues with scrapping, fitment, or leaks.
Couldnt justifiy spend a couple thousand dollars on this setup so I figured T304 stainless is T304 stainless.....
Good luck on your decision.....
Didn’t think speed engineering was that good. Just curious

Get notified of new replies

To Texas speed headers reviews

Quick Reply: Texas speed headers reviews