C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hyper-Flash turn signals....

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 10:17 PM
wuzfuzz
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hyper-Flash turn signals....

Here is my issue..... I have a Canadian issue 2011 GS automatic trans, with auto-ON DRL's (required in Canada). It has tinted Eagle Eye LED tail lights. It also has MORIMOTO LED headlights with both the DRL harness connected to Fuse #6 and the "Fix-It" harness installed inline to both headlights as per the installation instructions that came with it. Everything works perfectly with the hockey-stick white LED's as the only DRL, the amber turn signals working on demand only in the sequential mode. The problem is that in Park, the turn signals flash normally but once out of Park and into Drive, the signals will Hyper-Flash. The only way to have the signals flash normal is to put it back into Park, activate the turn signals (to flash normal) and then shift out of Park back into Drive. I have removed the Eagle Eyes and ensured that connections are clean and tight. I have also removed the MORIMOTO headlights and wiring, inspected and ensured that everything is clean and tight. The problem of Hyper-Flash persists and only began with the install of the MORIMOTO's.
I am aware that the turn signal flasher is part of the Hazard Flasher which is in between the two top air vents above the Nav screen. I can find no heavy duty electronic turn signal/hazard flasher to substitute.
The only thing I can think of is to install anti-flicker Load Resistors in the front MORIMOTO's signal wiring in an attempt to combat the hyper-flash.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated and welcome as to finding a solution to this annoying glitch. My other option is to leave things alone and try to live and adapt to the Hyper-Flash.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:23 AM
2008 Corvette
Melting Slicks

Received 766 Likes on 538 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

3rd option. Get rid of the Morimoto overpriced Headlights. Good Luck, Mike.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:18 AM
wuzfuzz
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hyper-Flash signals.....

The light output exceeds that of the oem versions and they work just Iike C7. The oem lights are now discontinued but if you can find a new set out there, they are very expensive. Used sets in as new condition are approaching $1K. I paid less than that for the MORIMOTO's. Do I like them........ yes. Do I recommend them..... yes again.
Perhaps a $10 investment in a couple of anti-flicker load resistors is not too high of an expense.

Originally Posted by 2008 Corvette
3rd option. Get rid of the Morimoto overpriced Headlights. Good Luck, Mike.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:19 AM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 898 Likes on 584 Posts

I don't know of a direct replacement for the C6 flasher relay but there should be some without the hyper flash feature.. I've replaced relays on other vehicles with after market LED turn signals without problems. I don't like load resistors, they put out a lot of heat and tend to melt things.

Get notified of new replies

To Hyper-Flash turn signals....

Quick Reply: Hyper-Flash turn signals....