C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mild to Wild C6 Add-on

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 04:42 PM
MikesC6
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Mild to Wild C6 Add-on

I am a new owner of a 2008 C6 Automatic Coupe and the car came with the add-on accessory where the NPP exhaust can be programmed to stay on all the time. Curious to know if that accessory will allow me to run the car in the "mild/quiet" mode full time using the fob that came with it. I tried to change the exhaust with the fob and didn't notice any difference so not sure if the battery needs to be changed on the fob. So right now, the exhaust has a nice growl on acceleration and then quiets down as it gains speed and goes through the automatic shifting which I believe is the standard sounding exhaust.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Last edited by MikesC6; 07-12-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:45 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Start your car, walk to the back with your fob, look in the exhaust and see if the flaps on the center exhaust are open or closed. Press a couple buttons and see what happens with the flap.

In normal (mild) factory mode the flaps should be closed at idle and only open at high RPM. One of your fob buttons should open the flaps and keep them open all the time (wild).

If the flap doesn't work with the fob start by replacing the fob battery.

Last edited by Iceaxe; 07-12-2019 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:56 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,597 Likes on 1,074 Posts

It is possible to override the NPP and keep it closed all the time (Dashlogic does it in "quirt mode"), but I do not know if your setup is capable of that.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:18 AM
MikesC6
Advanced

Originally Posted by Iceaxe
Start your car, walk to the back with your fob, look in the exhaust and see if the flaps on the center exhaust are open or closed. Press a couple buttons and see what happens with the flap.

In normal (mild) factory mode the flaps should be closed at idle and only open at high RPM. One of your fob buttons should open the flaps and keep them open all the time (wild).

If the flap doesn't work with the fob start by replacing the fob battery.
I was hoping someone could tell me in the "Wild" setting could be turned off completely either with the fob or by disconnecting a vacuum line that opens the exhaust when accelerating?

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Mike
Old 07-13-2019, 03:06 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 396 Likes on 361 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Can set it to start in quiet mode and it will stay that way unless you open them.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:47 AM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MikesC6
I was hoping someone could tell me in the "Wild" setting could be turned off completely either with the fob or by disconnecting a vacuum line that opens the exhaust when accelerating?
Nope, the NPP Exhaust always opens under hard acceleration, that's what the original buy paid the extra $1200 for when new.

If you hate the NPP Exhaust I'm betting you can find someone local to swap you for the stock exhaust and also pay your part to have the work done as the NPP exhaust is very popular.

You could also simply remove the M2W unit and drive the car like a little old lady, that should shut it up :-)
Old 07-14-2019, 07:14 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Nope, the NPP Exhaust always opens under hard acceleration, that's what the original buy paid the extra $1200 for when new.

If you hate the NPP Exhaust I'm betting you can find someone local to swap you for the stock exhaust and also pay your part to have the work done as the NPP exhaust is very popular.

You could also simply remove the M2W unit and drive the car like a little old lady, that should shut it up :-)
Wow. Why post if you have no clue what's being discussed.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:41 AM
MikesC6
Advanced

The drone on acceleration bothers my ears and I don't need the loud sound to prove I'm a tough guy, so if driving like an old lady is how you want to characterize that, then no problem. I did find a post from 2011 by Turbo6TA who said that there was a simple fix where a switch could be wired in so that it could be either quiet or loud all the time, I could not find how that was done. I'll keep looking.

Thanks for taking the time to post though even if your post was a waste of time to read and respond to :-(.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:56 AM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

The Dashlogic module will do what you want. It's a simple plug and play module. Dashlogic gives you the option of using your mirror switch to switch the NPP from normal mode (I.e. Stock - open @ ~3500rpm) to fully open or fully closed modes. In the fully closed mode, it will stay closed no matter what the TPS or RPM is at.

This will make your M2W switch redundant so you will want to remove it.

Dashlogic
https://www.palmerperformance.com/st...products_id=76

Good luck.

Last edited by Iceaxe; 07-14-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:49 AM
MikesC6
Advanced

The Dashlogic module will do what you want. It's a simple plug and play module. Dashlogic gives you the option of using your mirror switch to switch the NPP from normal mode (I.e. Stock - open @ ~3500rpm) to fully open or fully closed modes. In the fully closed mode, it will stay closed no matter what the TPS or RPM is at.

This will make your M2W switch redundant so you will want to remove it.

Dashlogic
https://www.palmerperformance.com/st...products_id=76

Good luck.
Thank you for the help. Drive safe...
Old 07-14-2019, 12:48 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Wow. Why post if you have no clue what's being discussed.
Why don't you go back to the kitchen as men are talking cars here.

***Thumps chest***
Old 07-14-2019, 07:21 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Why don't you go back to the kitchen as men are talking cars here.

***Thumps chest***
You're right. I don't know anything about cars. Go on giving great advice.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:18 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Originally Posted by realcanuk
You're right. I don't know anything about cars.
No ****!

I gave him several solutions, what exactly did you do, other then be an ***?!?

Last edited by Iceaxe; 07-14-2019 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:33 PM
C5forGreg
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 144 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
C6 of Year Winner (stock) 2019

Mike, with NPP that is operating "normally", the flaps in the exhaust should open when you turn the ignition off. That means they are open at startup but quickly close after starting the car. Then they should stay closed unless and until you accelerate hard enough that the system opens them up, then they close again when the RPM's come back down and should stay that way under normal cruising. All the Mild to Wild does is give you the option to force them open at all times (Wild mode). When Mild mode is turned off, it should put NPP back to "normal" as I just described. However, I believe I read that with the Mild to Wild installed, the flaps should stay in whatever position they were in when you turned the car off, so I assume that means they would stay closed at shutdown rather than opening back up. I wish I could tell you for sure from my own experience, but I bought a Mild to Wild switch for mine only to find that I have a bad solenoid or vacuum leak or something that causes my flaps to stay open all the time. It's not the fuse because I checked and even replaced mine with a new one. It's something I'll get around to fixing but not a priority since my intent in getting the M2W switch was to leave them open most of the time anyway.

Get notified of new replies

To Mild to Wild C6 Add-on

Quick Reply: Mild to Wild C6 Add-on