C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ac blowing hot and cold

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 03:07 PM
vete76
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Ac blowing hot and cold

• I SAW THIS ON GOOGLE. If you are getting cold air on the passenger side and warm air on the driver side it could be the actuator on the driver side, however, if you disconnected the battery,that could be your problem; the computer needs to be reset. All you have to do is:remove the ground cable from the battery and short it to the positive terminal on the battery. The positive terminal must stay connected to the battery, you only remove the ground cable, This will reset your computer. Hook the ground cable back to the battery, start the car, turn on the ac and run the temperature all the way to hot and then all the way to cold. Set it to the desired temperature. That's it! If the problem started when you disconnected the battery that will fix it.
    does this make sense and are there other fixes?
  • thanks
  • fred
  • Guest - JIM

In reply to: Guest - LeoWhat do you mean when you say short the 1 cable to the positive? Will this harm any thing?

• Guest - Michael

In reply to: Guest - LeoCan anyone verify that this worked? While it sounds good, I would hate to have to replace my computer because I fried it trying to fix the air-conditioner.<br /><br />Has anyone done this successfully?

• Guest - Thomas

In reply to: Guest - MichaelThe reset process described is safe and it works. My A/C problem was not resolved, and based on process-of-elimination, the valve inside the dash is jammed, likely with debris, likely because some mechanic, somewhere back in time, was replacing the cabin air filter, removed it, and never replaced it. I pulled and blew-out a bunch of particles, hair, and whatever else just now. I'm no master mechanic, but I've worked on autos my whole life because I had to (money sometimes short) and I've learned that common sense, a good memory of how it came apart, and lots of reading resolve many issues. I'm still irritated about the missing cabin filter!

• Guest - steven

I have a 2006 chevy impala that doesn't have dual climate control I've change the actuator behind the glove box but my ac blows passenger side cold driver side regular air wat cud be the problem

• Guest - cdog1463

In reply to: Guest - steveni added 1 can of freon and works fine.

• Guest - Harry

In reply to: Guest - stevenEven though your Impala does not have dual zone, it probably still has 2 temp actuators. But first, have the Freon charge checked. If it is low, it will blow cold on passenger side, warm of drivers side.

• Guest - Cory

In reply to: Guest - HarryI have a 99 regal and when I'm running the heat it blows hot on drivers but cold on passenger I also have had flooding on the passenger side when it rains I'm thinking it's a vent door\flap stuck open but I can't figure out how to get to it so my drivers side runs hot and passenger side blows ice cold in winter that's every vent windshield mid and floor vent any ideas?

Popular Articles

Quick Reply: Ac blowing hot and cold