C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cags install leaves rattle in transmission

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 09:54 AM
PSYKED
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default cags install leaves rattle in transmission

i recently installed a cags wiring harness in my 2006 z06 to get rid of the 1st to 4th skip shift. it worked fine for eliminating the skip shift. however, i immediately noticed a kind of rattling sound coming up through the transmission and gear shift. the noise was audible and i could feel it in my shifter. it seemed to happen under 1/2 throttle or more mostly in 2nd and 3 rd gear. so, after a week i took off the cags wiring harness and returned it to the stock setup. but, the noise is still there. anyone else have this problem or know anything about it? thanks
Old 11-30-2022, 08:31 PM
GMJim
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by PSYKED
i recently installed a cags wiring harness in my 2006 z06 to get rid of the 1st to 4th skip shift. it worked fine for eliminating the skip shift. however, i immediately noticed a kind of rattling sound coming up through the transmission and gear shift. the noise was audible and i could feel it in my shifter. it seemed to happen under 1/2 throttle or more mostly in 2nd and 3 rd gear. so, after a week i took off the cags wiring harness and returned it to the stock setup. but, the noise is still there. anyone else have this problem or know anything about it? thanks
Tha cags is just a solenoid to lock you out of 2nd and 3rd. Putting in a skip shift eliminator would have no effect on transmission internals to cause a noise. Check under the car to see if you knocked something loose or disturbed something while lifting or working under it.
The following users liked this post:
Iceaxe (12-01-2022)

Quick Reply: cags install leaves rattle in transmission