C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Permanent code???

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 07:10 PM
Sayfoo
Safety Car

Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Default Permanent code???

'09 base convertible, 55k miles.
I got gas a few days ago, and on the way home, the check engine light came on. Thinking that the only thing that changed recently was getting gas, I pulled over and checked to see that the cap was on tightly. The cap was shot. It went in and clicked when twisted, but didn't actually cam in, it just sat on top of filler tube. So, off to O'Reiley's to get a Stant replacement ($20) and on home. Light still on, so I tried my old obd2 scanning tool and it didn't work at all. So, knowing I was driving from Orange County to San Diego the next day, I disconnected the battery for a short time. I figured that the computer would reset all the codes and markers as I drove the car about 200 miles round trip.
While in San Diego, after about 100 miles and no check engine light coming on, I mentioned it to my son in law, and he suggested we hook up his new Innova 6100P scanner to check it out.
Wow, 3 codes. The car runs great. It was smog tested about 6 mos. ago and passed with no problems.
Codes
P0455 Permanent
C0571-71 system disabled, Information stored, invaled data
U1301 Class 2 Data link high voltage
About 1/2 of the markers had been reset, and he could not delete the codes.
What gives?? Permanent code??
Old 05-12-2024, 08:54 PM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,752 Posts

PDTC (Permanent DTC’s) are fairly new and are stored in Mode 10 on a scan tool…these DTC’s can’t be cleared by disconnecting the battery or with a scan tool…your “Large Leak Detcted” will not clear until the issue is fixed and that applicable EVAP Monitor has to run and the code should clear.
Old 05-12-2024, 09:25 PM
Sayfoo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by C5 Diag
PDTC (Permanent DTC’s) are fairly new and are stored in Mode 10 on a scan tool…these DTC’s can’t be cleared by disconnecting the battery or with a scan tool…your “Large Leak Detcted” will not clear until the issue is fixed and that applicable EVAP Monitor has to run and the code should clear.
OK, hopefully, the new gas cap will fix the evap system leak and clear when the monitors reset.
Any idea on the other 2 codes? Are they related to this also?
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-13-2024, 02:22 AM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,752 Posts

Don’t know about the “C” code but the U1301 is a communication code…1301 is the class 2 serial data line is shorted to power or ground for a few seconds….the Class 2 data line has modules like the HUD, Door Modules, IPC and maybe some other modules…sometimes a low battery can set these communication codes…no relationship to the EVAP code !!
The following users liked this post:
Sayfoo (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 11:30 AM
Sayfoo
Safety Car

Thanks again. I'll let it run for a while and see what happens. The car runs fine and the check engine light is off, soo........

Get notified of new replies

To Permanent code???

Quick Reply: Permanent code???