C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's talk bigger brakes....again.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 07:49 PM
Littlered2009corvett
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Let's talk bigger brakes....again.....

Ok folks, need some input. I have all but pulled the trigger on a big brake kit. But everyone is telling me to go to more aggressive pads first. From what I've read in The Corvette Forums, the happy set up for curve enthusiast to run Track with a still streetable pad is to run the Hawk DTC 30 front & HP+ on the rear. Is anyone familiar with this set up?? All info is appreciated. Oh, I say hawk pads because my buddy is a dealer & I can get them for his cost😁
Old 05-19-2024, 04:03 PM
Jfryjfry
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 170 Posts

Not sure what your current brake setup is, but the z06/GS brakes are quite good until you really start pushing on the track.

so start by flushing and replacing with a good high-temp fluid, and then consider bigger brakes. A good, appropriate pad is also very important.

you were asking about which pads as well, and if you’re running them on the street too, it’s always going to be a compromise.
Old 05-19-2024, 04:45 PM
rrpederson
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This might be obvious, but I will throw it out there anyway. When talking about braking performance I usually hear about two types, peak stopping power and resistance to fade over long protracted track sessions. The biggest improvement I personally have seen in peak stopping power is to install a set of softer compound tires. I can't speak about track sessions just yet.

My car has steel brake lines, new one-piece rotors and new pads from Stoptech, with Motul RBF 600 fluid, for tires I went with the Toyo Proxes R888R. During an emergency braking type situation, this car stops on a dime but unfortunately, I don't have any actual data on this besides my perception.

Good luck with your endeavor sir.
Old 05-19-2024, 06:30 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 730 Likes on 509 Posts

what car and current setup are we talking about? What are your goals?

Get notified of new replies

To Let's talk bigger brakes....again.....

Quick Reply: Let's talk bigger brakes....again.....