C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LoJack Early Warning Compatability with C6

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 04:40 PM
jkress
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoJack Early Warning Compatability with C6

Has anyone had LoJack Early Warning intalled on their C6? Any problems?

Since the LoJack Key Pass (basically a FOB) sends a signal to the LoJack Early Warning Recovery System In the car confirming you are an authorized driver, I am worried its signal may interfere with the C6's Remote Keyless Entry and Ignition FOB.

In GM Service Bullitin No. 04-00-89-041 it says "Electromagnetic interference can create a disturbance and confuse the module. The EMI can be generated from devices such as cell phones, cell phone chargers plugged into the accessory outlet on the center console, PDA devices, remote garage and gate openers. The FOB should not be carried in the same pocket or handbag as these devices."

My Vert gets here next week and I want LoJack Early Warning as long as there are no conflicts.

Thank you in advance for any help,
Jack
Old 12-21-2004, 04:45 PM
bangbgC6
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the LoJack Early Warning installed since Oct 12, 2004 in my C6 and have not had any problems to date. Not that I would attribute to the LoJack System.
I haven't had any of the weird FOB occurences that some owner have reported here.

Old 12-21-2004, 05:25 PM
drzfire
Racer

Same here since September.........Early Warning with no problems to report.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:18 PM
mikeyc6
Melting Slicks

Same here, since September also. No problems whatsoever. Both the car and the early warning are working perfectly.

Mike
Old 12-22-2004, 12:21 PM
stlthxlr8r
Racer

Although I am not providing an answer to your post (and I am not trying to highjack the thread) isnt it true that OnStar has a component to it that has the ability to track the car if it is stolen. Isnt this similar technology and if so, it doesnt appear that it would interfere with the fob otherwise it would have come up as an issue on the forum and/or at GM during design phase.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by stlthxlr8r
Although I am not providing an answer to your post (and I am not trying to highjack the thread) isnt it true that OnStar has a component to it that has the ability to track the car if it is stolen. Isnt this similar technology and if so, it doesnt appear that it would interfere with the fob otherwise it would have come up as an issue on the forum and/or at GM during design phase.

That is correct we use it on all our compay cars for tracking if stolen
Old 12-22-2004, 04:47 PM
mikeyc6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Boozman
That is correct we use it on all our compay cars for tracking if stolen
Yes, but unfortunately OnStar is nearly useless in a stolen vehicle. Just about any thief who is going to steal a car with OnStar knows how to disable it. One quick snip of a wire up by the visor (if I remember correctly) and OnStar is done. LoJack is hidden, usually hard to find even if you know it is there, and even has its own battery backup in case the battery is pulled and the car trailored. In addition, OnStar can be used as a "big brother" type device by "officials" to track where you are and even listen in on conversations going on in the vehicle. Some say that might be good in certain cases, but anything can be abused and I say "no thanks". I don't need that kind of oversight.

Mike

Last edited by mikeyc6; 12-22-2004 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:58 PM
bangbgC6
Safety Car

Default Onstar capabilities

Originally Posted by mikeyc6
Yes, but unfortunately OnStar is nearly useless in a stolen vehicle. Just about any thief who is going to steal a car with OnStar knows how to disable it. One quick snip of a wire up by the visor (if I remember correctly) and OnStar is done. LoJack is hidden, usually hard to find even if you know it is there, and even has its own battery backup in case the battery is pulled and the car trailored. In addition, OnStar can be used as a "big brother" type device by "officials" to track where you are and even listen in on conversations going on in the vehicle. Some say that might be good in certain cases, but anything can be abused and I say "no thanks". I don't need that kind of oversight.

Mike
Does Onstar have the ability to disable your vehicle remotely?

Old 12-22-2004, 07:22 PM
50-50
Racer

Keep them both attached (but took the key off).
Haven't had a problem so far..., just a little bulky in the pocket.
Maybe I'll ask for a purse for Christmas...

Get notified of new replies

To LoJack Early Warning Compatability with C6

Quick Reply: LoJack Early Warning Compatability with C6