C6 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C6 products, services and promotions.

Front Nose Mask for the C6

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:52 AM
rubyc6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mistake??

I hope we did not make a mistake by ordering this nose mask. I know that it is good, but I'm questioning whether it is what we need. I just hope it protects from rock chips. That is really what we want. Not so much the bugs.

Our 2006 Monterey Red seems to show so much rock chips and that is what we want protected. We will only use it when we travel or are on the highway alot. We are getting ready for our trip to Eureka Springs here in a few weeks so we will surely need it then.

Have ordered our Zaino too so we will be ready to roll come Oct 5th!

Your thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2007, 01:45 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 317 Likes on 290 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by rubyc6
I hope we did not make a mistake by ordering this nose mask. I know that it is good, but I'm questioning whether it is what we need. I just hope it protects from rock chips. That is really what we want. Not so much the bugs.

Our 2006 Monterey Red seems to show so much rock chips and that is what we want protected. We will only use it when we travel or are on the highway alot. We are getting ready for our trip to Eureka Springs here in a few weeks so we will surely need it then.

Have ordered our Zaino too so we will be ready to roll come Oct 5th!

Your thoughts?

Thanks!
It will protect from small rocks, but is not meant to protect from the bigger stuff (but what is).

We do also offer a thicker bra from speed lingerie but it is much thicker and pricier. More info listed here...

Speed Lingerie Corvette Bra

Thanks,

Jim
Old 09-17-2007, 10:28 PM
NappysVette
Pro

Like an 80's horror show...
Old 09-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Wicked 1
Racer

Default Bra

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
New from Southern Car Parts

Do you want to protect the front of your car from rock chips and bug debris? Do you hate the hassle of the standard leather Bra (hard to take on and off, rough on paint)? We have the perfect solution....Our light weight stretch nylon material Bra comes on and off in seconds, protects the front of your car for rock chips and bug debris while having a satin touch on your paint. Snaps off in seconds and can be wadded up and stuffed into something the size of a shoe!!!!! Also can be ordered with protective mirror covers. Perfect solution for highway trips, when the trip is over, take it off and put it in your cargo area. Off or on in less the 2 mins. Best Bra solution on the market for the Corvette.

- Fits better than any other mask on the market
- Stretch nylon knit construction
- Keeps bumper clean and bug-free
- Secures to car with snaps
- Super quick installation
- Machine or hand washable
- Folds compactly for easy in-car storage
- Mirror Covers Also Available

Click here to order...
http://southerncarparts.com/front-bu...ask-p-284.html

Thanks,

Jim Vose
This works great for bugs but not a good size rock..
Old 09-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Placed my order for one tonight.

Hopefully it'll help keep the bugs and junk off my baby during the ~8hr trip to Road Atlanta for the Petit LeMans here in a few weeks!

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Jim, thanks for the quick shipping on my order as usual.

Is there anyway to purchase or get an extra set of the screws with snap heads?

I want to send a set out to get powdercoated black so they blend in better when the bra/mask is not installed.

Thanks!!

PS: Guys, this nose bra/mask is so simple to put on / remove its almost funny. Be great for keeping grit/bugs off while on the highway or out at night I'd say! I'll find out during my 8hr trip to Road Atlanta next week!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:10 PM
STEVE MC
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=southerncarparts;1558509444]New from Southern Car Parts

Do you want to protect the front of your car from rock chips and bug debris? Do you hate the hassle of the standard leather Bra (hard to take on and off, rough on paint)? We have the perfect solution....Our light weight stretch nylon material Bra comes on and off in seconds, protects the front of your car for rock chips and bug debris while having a satin touch on your paint. Snaps off in seconds and can be wadded up and stuffed into something the size of a shoe!!!!! Also can be ordered with protective mirror covers. Perfect solution for highway trips, when the trip is over, take it off and put it in your cargo area. Off or on in less the 2 mins. Best Bra solution on the market for the Corvette.

I just ordered one for my AO Coupe, I'll let you know how well it fits and protects. Hopefully it fits better than the rear bumper inserts I just bought from Southern Car Parts, the fit was absolutely horrible.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:57 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

[QUOTE=STEVE MC;1562073218]

I just ordered one for my AO Coupe, I'll let you know how well it fits and protects. Hopefully it fits better than the rear bumper inserts I just bought from Southern Car Parts, the fit was absolutely horrible.
Thanks for the order...Wish you would of said something to me about the problem you had with the inserts. I probably could of helped you out.

Sounds like you probably got sent a insert kit for the airbag instead of the bumper (look very similar).

Thanks,

Thanks,

Jim
Old 10-01-2007, 11:00 PM
MackIII
Pro

Sent you an email at sales@southerncarparts.com regarding hardware. Please read and contact me as soon as you can or have the gentleman (I believe he is the technical person of your outfit) call me again if you will. I thought his name was Harold or something like that. I forget.

John
Old 10-02-2007, 12:35 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by MackIII
Sent you an email at sales@southerncarparts.com regarding hardware. Please read and contact me as soon as you can or have the gentleman (I believe he is the technical person of your outfit) call me again if you will. I thought his name was Harold or something like that. I forget.

John
Got it....shipping it out for you today.

Thanks John,

Jim
Old 10-02-2007, 01:51 PM
rubyc6
Racer

Default question about nose mask

Jim~We just recently bought the nose mask for our C6. What is the best way to wash it? I know i've heard to wash it in Tide, but don't have any. Do I have to wash it in Tide or will any detergent work? Delicate cycle?

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:17 PM
rubyc6
Racer

Never mind. I didn't realize it came with instructions...duh. My husband informs me of that after I asked the question.

But I got it washed. I did put it in a mesh bag and washed on delicates just in case. Did not use Tide though. Hung up to dry.

Looks good on the car!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:37 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by rubyc6
Never mind. I didn't realize it came with instructions...duh. My husband informs me of that after I asked the question.

But I got it washed. I did put it in a mesh bag and washed on delicates just in case. Did not use Tide though. Hung up to dry.

Looks good on the car!
Perfect.....glad you found them.

See ya,

Jim
Old 10-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Wass
Melting Slicks

Received 137 Likes on 82 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'11

I'll take a few stone chips over a bra. They're an ugly addition to a beautiful car. That goes for all bras IMHO.

I have one tiny stone chip on my 2005 C6 with 37,000 miles driven on PA roads (arguably the worst in the nation). And that chip is on the engine hood, above the reach of a bra.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:07 AM
IndyPacer
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

PM me and I'll sell you one for $100.00 that has never been installed!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:28 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by iwant800
I am having problems with the install of this product. It seems that the metal "U" clamps are exposed to the paint of the car and if I tighten them down they will scratch the paint. I emailed Jim but haven't heard back from him yet, does anyone have pictures of how the clamps are installed?

Thanks
No, you are putting them on wrong....

Give me a call, sorry I did not get an email from you.

Thanks,

Jim
678-463-4739
Old 10-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Futile
Pro

This could be nice for those trips.

Get notified of new replies

To Front Nose Mask for the C6

Old 10-31-2007, 05:03 PM
FutureC6
Advanced

My mask and mirror covers are sitting at the Museum waiting till I take delivery on Monday.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:51 PM
gitgone
Instructor

Hey Jim,

Just got back from our Museum trip and decided not to use the mask. Just changed our mind about using. Is it ok to return for credit? We did not take it out of the small shrink wrap package.
Thanks,

Tom

- Fits better than any other mask on the market
- Stretch nylon knit construction
- Keeps bumper clean and bug-free
- Secures to car with snaps
- Super quick installation
- Machine or hand washable
- Folds compactly for easy in-car storage
- Mirror Covers Also Available

Click here to order...
http://southerncarparts.com/front-bu...ask-p-284.html

Thanks,

Jim Vose
Old 11-01-2007, 12:18 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by gitgone
Hey Jim,

Just got back from our Museum trip and decided not to use the mask. Just changed our mind about using. Is it ok to return for credit? We did not take it out of the small shrink wrap package.
Thanks,

Tom
Not a problem...Send it back to me and I will take care of the credit.

My address is on the website..

Thanks,

Jim

Quick Reply: Front Nose Mask for the C6