Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Kinsler Vertical ITB on C6 Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 02:49 AM
SteveRiellyNZ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinsler Vertical ITB on C6 Z06?

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a vertical ITB set, either from Kinsler or similar, and know if there are issues with shorter trumpets to fit under a stock hood?

http://www.kinsler.com/handbook20.html

These are just waaaay to high, but short-tops, with an airbox over the top piping into the stock CAI would be an excellent setup....i think.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:16 AM
foremaw
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 114 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

That web site locked up my browser.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:50 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Problem is even if you were to get it to fit, how do you plan on running it with the electronic throttle? You would have to convert to cable throttle, not to mention that the E38 PCM isn't going to like that, so that means a stand alone fuel managment would be needed to run the engine. Which means that likely that system isn't going to talk to the ABS system or the BCM which means a lot more trouble.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Stage7
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tjwong
Problem is even if you were to get it to fit, how do you plan on running it with the electronic throttle? You would have to convert to cable throttle, not to mention that the E38 PCM isn't going to like that, so that means a stand alone fuel managment would be needed to run the engine. Which means that likely that system isn't going to talk to the ABS system or the BCM which means a lot more trouble.

Exactly. Harrop has a ls7 itb with DBW that would work.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been interested in Kinsler ITBs for some time now and always ask Jason at Katech about it. Who knows, I may do it someday when I decide to spend an ADDITIONAL $8 - $10K for Motec engine management to go along with it!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:34 PM
SteveRiellyNZ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stage7

Exactly. Harrop has a ls7 itb with DBW that would work.
Yes I was surfing around last night and found the new Harrop System. I think that'll be the way to go for me.

They also have a wikid set of brakes, that are just huuuuuge:
http://www.harrop.com.au/brakedetail.php?prod=ULTIMATE

Think I'll keep an eye on what these guys are up to down here and bring some gear with me when I move.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

I have one of the Kinsler systems on a big block Chevy race car. It flows massive amounts of air and has a great torque curve.

Kinsler makes several different bells and even some in carbon fiber, but it would never fit under a stock hood and then you would need to add the K&N filters on the end of each bell. You can wire it to work with a FAST fuel management system as the Motech is extremely expensive.

These are very expensive intake manifold systems and in my opinion way beyond what we need for street driven LS7 Corvette.

Get notified of new replies

To Kinsler Vertical ITB on C6 Z06?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Kinsler Vertical ITB on C6 Z06?