Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: How to find best deal on NEW Stingray?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 10:15 PM
corvetting
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to find best deal on NEW Stingray?

I am trying to buy a new one and dont mind leftover models nor going out of state. I keep reading of people managing 20% and above off. I am not having much luck with finding this. Is car gurus the best way to do this? Do all dealers use CG or just some? I am not too familiar with GM rebates, it is my first time buying GM or any new car. All I do know is the 3k cash for 2017 models for this month.
Trying to get a base 1lt or 2lt M7 at the most. Just looking for some good tips or leads

Thank you
Old 06-06-2018, 08:19 AM
genolan
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Look at kerbeck.com as a good reference point.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:04 AM
hope2
Safety Car

Received 358 Likes on 241 Posts

MacMulkin is probably best bet. There are others. Use the GM inventory locator and punch in zip codes. Good luck.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:10 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Getting to 20% is not a normal task, we have been doing it though on most of our cars for 2 months now....selections are limited, especially with a 7 speed...

We are working to bring other offers and inventory to the table, for now here are some Stingray Specials;
http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?page_id=29366

and here
http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?page_id=26546

and a Nice used 2016 3K on her and its a 7 speed;
http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?p=31306

Thank-You Rick
Old 06-06-2018, 12:13 PM
lawrence1
Intermediate

MacMulkin will be close but it seems like those 20% off deals are long gone. I'm in the market as well, although looking for a GS car which seems a bit more limited in leftover inventory. Stingray inventory is likely a bit better. I looked on cars.com, autotrader and cargurus.

Best overall deals i've found were on 2019 cars since the absolute cheapest 2018 comparable car (looking at manual 1LT) was only $1500 less than a ordered 2019. Not a significant enough discount. 2017s are priced the same as 2019s ... and there are only a few (generally small) dealers that still have them. I called a few and they won't budge on pricing so I passed on them.

good luck.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:51 PM
lancekl
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 46 Posts

Looked on Kerbecs site for a convertible with a 7 speed. Nothing in any configuration Stingray, Grand Sport or Z06
Old 06-06-2018, 04:34 PM
Suds
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Here you go

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...odelCode1=CORV

Suds

Originally Posted by corvetting
I am trying to buy a new one and dont mind leftover models nor going out of state. I keep reading of people managing 20% and above off. I am not having much luck with finding this. Is car gurus the best way to do this? Do all dealers use CG or just some? I am not too familiar with GM rebates, it is my first time buying GM or any new car. All I do know is the 3k cash for 2017 models for this month.
Trying to get a base 1lt or 2lt M7 at the most. Just looking for some good tips or leads

Thank you
Old 06-06-2018, 04:48 PM
hope2
Safety Car

Received 358 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Suds
Good find but OP wants M7. That one is 1LT Automatic
Old 06-06-2018, 06:57 PM
Rzepka_r
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Just recently picked up a 2017 Grand Sport M7 for 20% off MSRP - here's my advice based on my experience....

Any site you look at, like CG, filter for the options you want to reduce the list and then look at every one you are interested in by pulling up that dealership website and seeing it there. In my case the car was listed much higher on the generic site than that of the dealer site - I'm sure people passed it right by because of that fact.

With 2017's don't stop there, pick up the phone and call about each car. In my case it was a quick conversation with my first call, explaining I'm a number of states away and need to know so I can move on or if this might be the one, "is the price shown firm or is there additional room" - there was no hesitation in this case, they dropped another $1500 off their advertised price without hesitation.

I don't think there was anything unique about my call, but I was a very serious buyer and I was buying a car from someone soon, the only question was from who - I think that came across in the call and they put their best foot forward.

This was a smaller dealership, but not tiny by any means.

Remember for a 2017, that car has been with them for a long time, they are happy to get your call.

Maybe I'm lucky, but I would have ordered a 2019 in the exact same color and options, so I got exactly what I wanted.

good luck!!!
The following users liked this post:
Mickeyrx70 (06-10-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 09:16 PM
lawrence1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rzepka_r
Just recently picked up a 2017 Grand Sport M7 for 20% off MSRP - here's my advice based on my experience....

Any site you look at, like CG, filter for the options you want to reduce the list and then look at every one you are interested in by pulling up that dealership website and seeing it there. In my case the car was listed much higher on the generic site than that of the dealer site - I'm sure people passed it right by because of that fact.

With 2017's don't stop there, pick up the phone and call about each car. In my case it was a quick conversation with my first call, explaining I'm a number of states away and need to know so I can move on or if this might be the one, "is the price shown firm or is there additional room" - there was no hesitation in this case, they dropped another $1500 off their advertised price without hesitation.

I don't think there was anything unique about my call, but I was a very serious buyer and I was buying a car from someone soon, the only question was from who - I think that came across in the call and they put their best foot forward.

This was a smaller dealership, but not tiny by any means.

Remember for a 2017, that car has been with them for a long time, they are happy to get your call.

Maybe I'm lucky, but I would have ordered a 2019 in the exact same color and options, so I got exactly what I wanted.

good luck!!!
Great post. This is what I've been doing as well, although 1lt and 2lt 7mt coupe inventory is fairly limited. I found less than 10 cars, including 2018s that matched what imI looking for (no silver or yellow).
Old 06-09-2018, 02:01 PM
badass1g
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

FWIW, Rickconti offered me the most for my trade in when compared to les Stanford (by a decent amount). So if anyone is interested in trading in a vehicle, go with Rick. It was a fair price and if they had the exact car I wanted I would have done the deal. The offer I got from les Stanford was nearly laughable.

Get notified of new replies

To How to find best deal on NEW Stingray?

Quick Reply: WTB: How to find best deal on NEW Stingray?