C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 02:23 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Nitrous??

First I want to say its probably time to have a FI section for the C7 guys!! just make the forums more organized I think. I hope the mods consider this pretty soon.

anyway how are we doing with nitrous guys? I know someone is doing a 150shot... anyone doing more??

My nitrous outlet kit will be here in couple days... I am thinking a 100shot... I already got my own heads through my engine builder. waiting on the cam from LMR which supposedly was shipped today or yesterday... also waiting on my ARH headers which should ship tomorrow too...

N/A it should be around ~500whp/500wtq... add a 100shot and we got close to 600whp/and maybe 620wtq! does this sound reliable?? I know redline is doing a 125shot with a cam and headers and they are beating on it at the track. yes its still early to say its safe and will last long but its a start!!!

This thing is slow and I want to make it faster while still running the stock bottom end... I guess we will see here soon. I will spray it first with all stock components, and then do the H/C and spray to see the difference... should be fun. no more getting beatin by stock GTRs I hope lol

car currently at 421whp/420wtq with a cons. tune only. ~265miles when it was tuned...

I was disappointed at first but this nitrous deal should wake this thing up!!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Lydon@Redline
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
First I want to say its probably time to have a FI section for the C7 guys!! just make the forums more organized I think. I hope the mods consider this pretty soon.

anyway how are we doing with nitrous guys? I know someone is doing a 150shot... anyone doing more??

My nitrous outlet kit will be here in couple days... I am thinking a 100shot... I already got my own heads through my engine builder. waiting on the cam from LMR which supposedly was shipped today or yesterday... also waiting on my ARH headers which should ship tomorrow too...

N/A it should be around ~500whp/500wtq... add a 100shot and we got close to 600whp/and maybe 620wtq! does this sound reliable?? I know redline is doing a 125shot with a cam and headers and they are beating on it at the track. yes its still early to say its safe and will last long but its a start!!!

This thing is slow and I want to make it faster while still running the stock bottom end... I guess we will see here soon. I will spray it first with all stock components, and then do the H/C and spray to see the difference... should be fun. no more getting beatin by stock GTRs I hope lol

car currently at 421whp/420wtq with a cons. tune only. ~265miles when it was tuned...

This car wakes the hell up with some juice. It will not be disappointing!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Received 629 Likes on 327 Posts

Cam was shipped out yesterday.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:01 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Lydon@Redline
This car wakes the hell up with some juice. It will not be disappointing!
good... hopefully it will turn out good. how far did you guys go with yours? 150shot? did you dyno your car? if yes what did it put down if you don't mind sharing?
Old 11-06-2013, 02:01 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft
Cam was shipped out yesterday.
Thats good news.... I am excited
Old 11-06-2013, 11:32 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I just have one question! Can I borrow your Money printing machine? hahaha!!
Old 11-07-2013, 01:21 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by carlrx7
I just have one question! Can I borrow your Money printing machine? hahaha!!
you can help me with my payments if you want HAHA I am getting worse and worse and not sure if I can do this anymore... I will sell the C7 in few months I think. It wont last very long.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:08 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Everything is installed except for the bottle heater and few other wires. We figured out you can't use LPE timing box nor the the NOS window switch (unless you want to splice wires and all that) which I don't want to do just yet. So I will just do a nitrous tune and a mechanical WOT switch.

Hopefully the heads/cam sometimes in the next couple weeks!! Should be fun!!
Old 11-09-2013, 11:03 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Everything is installed except for the bottle heater and few other wires. We figured out you can't use LPE timing box nor the the NOS window switch (unless you want to splice wires and all that) which I don't want to do just yet. So I will just do a nitrous tune and a mechanical WOT switch.

If you are doing nitrous I would find out which wires needed to be spliced and install the safety equipment, rather than blowing a brand new motor that is already out of warranty.
Nitrous is fun but a pain in the Azz, bottle refills, bottle temps always giving hp drops etc..... Be safe put the electronics in.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:24 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
If you are doing nitrous I would find out which wires needed to be spliced and install the safety equipment, rather than blowing a brand new motor that is already out of warranty.
Nitrous is fun but a pain in the Azz, bottle refills, bottle temps always giving hp drops etc..... Be safe put the electronics in.
I can make it as safe as those electronics will do it. Yes its not as convenient but it should be just as safe. Window switch will by my foot, and the timing retard will be the tune. I already bought all that stuff so dont think I am trying to save money, but I will just wait tell those guys make it and then I will do it.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:03 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

I can make it as safe as those electronics will do it. Yes its not as convenient but it should be just as safe. Window switch will by my foot, and the timing retard will be the tune. I already bought all that stuff so dont think I am trying to save money, but I will just wait tell those guys make it and then I will do it.
I wasn't implying that you were trying to save money, I've done the nitrous thing, it great, but also very unpredictable , the tune won't fluctuate as the nitrous does, the more safety equipment the better, I'd do an afr gauge so you can keep you eyes on things as well.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:01 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Hit me up when you are ready to sell
Old 11-11-2013, 01:12 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by carlrx7
Hit me up when you are ready to sell
LOL thanks for that!!

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous??

Quick Reply: Nitrous??