C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edlebrock E FORCE S/C

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 12:17 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I don't track my car. More of a back road/mountain road toy. I went with the Eforce and had ECS install and tune it. It's not a big dyno number setup but the instant grunt is just a blast on the street. I like the fact that it's all done about 5,600RPM. It's still a handful with the stock tires until midway through 3rd gear. It's absolutely quiet which I like. The Eforce works great with my Z51 A6. Be aware, LT's will void the Edelbrock warranty. The only mod you can have is the blower with their tune.

Just my $.02
Old 06-06-2015, 07:05 PM
STAGED
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

10.9s @ 131.3 mph.

The comments and video are not really specific on the fuel run, tune, ambient conditions (it was 5/16/14 in Bowling Green, KY), and other work to the car in the video.

Other curious thing is I see the brake lights flicker a couple times is if the guy was not trying to go under his dial in time. I know vids show flicker when the LED lights are steadily on because of relative similarity to the most camera frame recording rates, but this is strange. Car didn't look like it was braking even for a hair.

If that was a standard pkg. boost, blower-only performance on 93 octane, that's pretty good.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

I paid $7,600 for the E-Force and $1,000 for the install at a shop recommended by Edelbrock. Everyday driving is fine. The response to sudden pressure on the gas is very noticeable.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:35 AM
skvette
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 67 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by Glenmcp
I paid $7,600 for the E-Force and $1,000 for the install at a shop recommended by Edelbrock. Everyday driving is fine. The response to sudden pressure on the gas is very noticeable.
Hey Glenmcp,

I have an Edelbrock Eforce on my 2015 Mn7 Z51. Have you had any issues since this post? Mine has been trouble free for 2 months now. I love the sound of the SC when I drive with Exhaust in stealth mode.
Have you been to the strip with it? I will be going Friday and hope to be in the 11 second range. I really like the way it looks under hood.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:39 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Can't wait for my ECS/meth kit next season !
Old 09-23-2015, 08:10 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucknut2006
After doing a 1/2 mile even this last weekend, I've come to appreciate the characteristics more of my ECS setup than ever before. Was able to launch without too much drama and the car kept pulling. With my CTS-V, it was drama from the start and heat soak by the end.
Had an 11 CTS-V and your 100% correct. I also had a Saleen with a PD blower and both cars were a blast when you could get traction. Most times I'd have to get off the gas to maintain traction especially in the Saleen.

With the ECS S/C I can get traction off the line. Now, as soon as boost kicks in, when in 1st, it will still fry the tires. I generally short shift 1st and 2nd to 3rd is a blast.

One of my friends nicknamed my car "The Defecator" . I need to put a towel on my seat for first timers
Old 09-24-2015, 11:37 AM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by c5_from_jc
Don't understand why anyone goes with roots anymore with the excessive heat they generate. They are pure junk, IMHO. Go Centri.....way more efficient.
Yet the new Z06 comes with a PD blower. Hmmmmm.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:43 PM
Quicktime_GT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edelbrock uses the 2.3 Easton tvs rotor pack in this kit (I think).. If this is correct, think zr1, 2013+ gt500, VMP tvs kits, etc. The 2.3 TVS works great and can support a ton of power if the inlet flows enough CFM (VMPs design is a great example of what works)..

Heat generated is going to be dependent upon blower rpm and how efficient edelbrock's intercooler and heat exchanger system works.. To really get serious about getting rid of heat for short periods of time, check out some of the ice box setups that 03/04 cobra guys are running.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:56 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rudolph schenker
And suffers from heat soak after 2 laps. Just sayin'
Old 09-25-2015, 08:52 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
lol oh boy Mike... Here we go
Old 09-25-2015, 08:55 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Mike would you feel safe taking your car to a track day?? Not really looking to run the fastest time ever but have a fun day and not worry about overheating right away ?
Old 09-25-2015, 11:21 AM
StingerBG
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
Mike would you feel safe taking your car to a track day?? Not really looking to run the fastest time ever but have a fun day and not worry about overheating right away ?
Overheating and heat soak are two different things. ALL Corvettes, SC'd or not, are susceptible to overheating. Sad fact but it's true...the cooling on our cars just isn't the greatest. Heat soak, however, is referring to the actual supercharger suffering from loss in efficiency due to elevated heat temps. A roots style blower being more susceptible due to being right on top of the motor. NOT the same thing as overheating. Although it will eventually lead to overheating because you are sucking in warmer air, which is causing a loss of power (cooler IT's = higher HP), and in turn causes the fluid temps to raise even higher. But you will experience the loss in power from heat soak probably before you get an overheating warning.

Last edited by StingerBG; 09-25-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:24 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by StingerBG
Overheating and heat soak are two different things. ALL Corvettes, SC'd or not, are susceptible to overheating. Sad fact but it's true...the cooling on our cars just isn't the greatest. Heat soak, however, is referring to the actual supercharger suffering from loss in efficiency due to elevated heat temps. A roots style blower being more susceptible due to being right on top of the motor. NOT the same thing as overheating.
ok sooooo could you take a centri car to a road course and have some fun ?
Old 09-25-2015, 12:07 PM
StingerBG
Pro

ok sooooo could you take a centri car to a road course and have some fun ?
Well you could, yes. But it may still over heat. As will a N/A car. Maybe quicker because of higher HP. BUT, with a centri blower, your IT's will stay a little lower because the blower is less susceptible to heat soak. Granted, when road racing, a roots style blower is generally more desired because of the more stable torque curve they produce. I'm not advocating a centri blower over a roots for road course, I'm just stating the facts. Now the Edlebrock E Force probably has a little better cooling than the stock Z06 system and won't suffer from heat soak as much.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:10 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Well you could, yes. But it may still over heat. As will a N/A car. Maybe quicker because of higher HP. BUT, with a centri blower, your IT's will stay a little lower because the blower is less susceptible to heat soak. Granted, when road racing, a roots style blower is generally more desired because of the more stable torque curve they produce. I'm not advocating a centri blower over a roots for road course, I'm just stating the facts. Now the Edlebrock E Force probably has a little better cooling than the stock Z06 system and won't suffer from heat soak as much.
Interesting, thanks Stinger Next year I'm doing an ECS kit with meth to my stingray. Some day I may want take it to a road course with some friends for fun.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:08 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Yes, I do and have. I've not run in 90+ degree weather, but I had no overheat problems. Everything was in the green.The highest temp my engine hit was 230 and my oil to 240vand those temps were at the end of the session.

I don't track mine often but maybe 3 times s year when my buddy gives me a free pass. He is a member.

I do not think PD blowers are bad. They are not ideal for track use and some of us feel a higher cube NA engine would have made for a better track day car. But then I don't think there should be Z06 verts or Autos. I would have expected a ZR1 to have a PD blower.

My comment was more about poiting out there are advantages and disadvantages to both. Saying one is better because auto makers use PD blowers means nothing. They have emmisions requirements they have to meet and perhaps a Centri blower is more polluting. I have no clue. At the end of the day it's personal preference and nothing more.

Last edited by C7-Beast; 09-25-2015 at 03:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
StingerBG (09-28-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 03:09 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Yes, I do and have. I've not run in 90+ degree weather, but I had no overheat problems. Everything was in the green.The highest temp my engine hit was 230 and my oil to 240vand those temps were at the end of the session.

I don't track mind often but maybe 3 times s year when my buddy gives me a free pass. He is a member.
Awesome maybe next season I can meet up with you guys ! Glad that Novi is treating you well

Get notified of new replies

To Edlebrock E FORCE S/C

Old 12-04-2015, 06:01 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Is it recommended to swap out to a better radiator at the time of installation? Dewitt's?
Old 12-05-2015, 06:16 PM
StingerBG
Pro

Originally Posted by rudolph schenker
They have to go roots style because centri SC's are hard to get carb compliant
Old 12-09-2015, 04:48 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

They have to go roots style because centri SC's are hard to get carb compliant
That is not true.. Vortech & Procharger has MANY of their kits compliant. A&A's C5 and C6 kits are CARB Compliant... they are working on getting their C7 Kits complaint also.

We carry EVERY single supercharger for the Vette and can give any one a great deal if their looking for a SC for their C5, C6, or C7... heck I can get a supercharger for just about ANY vehicle a customer has
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Quick Reply: Edlebrock E FORCE S/C