C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO SEE IN a NEW WEBSITE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Default WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO SEE IN a NEW WEBSITE?

I wanted to post this in the FI sections because this is where I feel I'll get the most relevent feedback. I have contracted to build a completely new website. I wanted to just start from scratch rather than revamp the existing site.
So what features would you, as both new shoppers and existing customers, like to see in an optimum website?
How important is a mobile friendly site to most people? We will be building it that way anyway but I'd love to hear what most people really think about that.
What about, customer videos, testimonials, comparisons to other brands, pictures of customers rides, more explanations of what we do and why vs. a lot of product choices in the "cart", close up pictures of individual components, a "specials" section, a used parts section, and so on. Let me know how these things rate in importance and what else you would want to see.
What about the overall layout? Any ideas as to what would appeal to or turn customers off would be really helpful!
Should we also have a separate area for supporting items like headers, cams, pistons, etc. or do you think that would take away from the A&A Supercharger brand and make us look more like any other performance retailer? I'm kind of torn on that one.
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. You can email me if you don't want to post your ideas publicly.
Andy@AACorvette.com
Seriously. This would be a big help to us if we got a lot of relevent input.
Thanks Everyone, Andy

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 11-05-2016 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:50 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Andy@A&ACorvette
I wanted to post this in the FI sections because this is where I feel I'll get the most relevent feedback. I have contracted to build a completely new website. I wanted to just start from scratch rather than revamp the existing site.
So what features would you, as both new shoppers and existing customers, like to see in an optimum website?
How important is a mobile friendly site to most people? We will be building it that way anyway but I'd love to hear what most people really think about that.
What about, customer videos, testimonials, comparisons to other brands, pictures of customers rides, more explanations of what we do and why vs. a lot of product choices in the "cart", close up pictures of individual components, a "specials" section, a used parts section, and so on. Let me know how these things rate in importance and what else you would want to see.
What about the overall layout? Any ideas as to what would appeal to or turn customers off would be really helpful!
Should we also have a separate area for supporting items like headers, cams, pistons, etc. or do you think that would take away from the A&A Supercharger brand and make us look more like any other performance retailer? I'm kind of torn on that one.
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. You can email me if you don't want to post your ideas publicly.
Andy@AACorvette.com
Thanks Everyone, Andy
Andy,

I'd like to see the capability of buying upgrades through the site. Such as different size pulleys for crank and head units, replacement belts, possible head unit upgrade options, etc. love the idea of brand comparison, testimonials and pics of customer cars/installs. I don't know if I would branch out to listing other parts individually like pistons etc unless you were looking to offer them as a package deal of some kind with a supercharger kit. Sales and specials section will get a lot of attention I'm sure, as there are always those looking to budget build a setup. Best recommendation is make sure they write the page in the latest version of HTML (I believe HTML 5) so it's fully compatible (including video playback) with iOS as majority of the world uses Apple products of some sort now as their primary means to access a webpage. Maybe even another section where you could have comparisons of your own head units would be cool. Like a "pick the right head unit for me page" or a "Good, Better, Best" or something similar.

Ant
Old 11-06-2016, 09:28 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I completely agree with Fyrant, have a breakdown of options or upgrades/maintainace for systems would be really nice. More detail on what changing pullies to different sizes will do in their descriptions. Right now your C7 section is very lacking. Need to have your installation instructions for your systems on the web site and accessible to potential customers along with existing customers. All those things not only give your customers the answers to the questions they inevitably will ask, but will probably cut down on the time you have to spend answering phone questions and email questions... god knows I love talking to you guys on the phone, but I'm sure by my 3rd call of the day you've had enough of me...lol

Lastly your check out page needs to have other shipping options besides just FedEx. This really prices you out of sundry items like supercharger oil and small parts.

Hope that helps.
Chuck
Old 11-06-2016, 07:53 PM
ChiefP
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

I think you need to be very mobile friendly, as so many now have large screen phones as their main internet access.

I also think you need to carry other items/performance parts as well. I understand wanting to stay more specialized, but versatility is the key to business success. Nothing wrong with:

A&A, your one stop performance shop, specializing in CARB legal supercharging systems!

I'd have a link on the homepage that breaks down your kits in VERY FINE DETAIL.

What about services provided as well as parts? There are lots of guys that can wrench their own stuff, but I'd suspect more, like me, who are looking for a quality shop to do the install.

I'd also suggest breaking out what you do by brand. The user can select their particular brand/model and then see a new page(s) that shows only what you do/sell that supports just their car. I'd post links to vids/reviews for their car here too.

Lastly, customer reviews in this community are huge...that's why I bought from you. I'd have customer reviews as a part of the homepage as well.

Scott
Old 11-06-2016, 08:23 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Andy,

I'd like to see the capability of buying upgrades through the site. Such as different size pulleys for crank and head units, replacement belts, possible head unit upgrade options, etc. love the idea of brand comparison, testimonials and pics of customer cars/installs. I don't know if I would branch out to listing other parts individually like pistons etc unless you were looking to offer them as a package deal of some kind with a supercharger kit. Sales and specials section will get a lot of attention I'm sure, as there are always those looking to budget build a setup. Best recommendation is make sure they write the page in the latest version of HTML (I believe HTML 5) so it's fully compatible (including video playback) with iOS as majority of the world uses Apple products of some sort now as their primary means to access a webpage. Maybe even another section where you could have comparisons of your own head units would be cool. Like a "pick the right head unit for me page" or a "Good, Better, Best" or something similar.

Ant
Old 11-06-2016, 10:54 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

This is all great stuff.
I do want to do in depth comparisons. There is a lot to see if you dissect these kits and compare the individual components up close. I just need to be sort of tactful about it. I dunno, Brand P, Brand E and brand A&A? I have one of each and have taken a bunch of pictures of the balancers etc.
I'm thinking people don't want to read too much on the home page.
I guess I can give them the option of reading the main points or going into more depth by clicking "here" or something.
The explanation of what each head unit or pulley change will do is definitely a good idea. The various head units are confusing.
I really like the "what head unit is right for me?" section. Same would go for pulley size. Have recommendations and the reasons behind those recommendations.
I think videos on belt changes, oil changes etc. would be helpful as well.
I made a lot of changes to all the kits including things like the adjustable billet tensioner so I've been updating the instructions with new pictures etc. They will definitely be on the site.
This is all very helpful. Thanks Guys!
Old 11-07-2016, 08:51 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Brand P, Brand E and brand A&A? I have one of each and have taken a bunch of pictures of the balancers etc.
I laughed

You posted about this in the C6 section thread but it's true... so many people don't know anything about you guys outside of the people on this forum. They've only heard of "brand P", so some sort of comparison to your setup vs. the others sure can't hurt.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:57 PM
Tonycpa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How important is a mobile friendly site to most people?

Thanks Everyone, Andy
Mobile friendly is not important at all.

The more customer videos the better, that is what people want to see and lead to sales. Many people look to Youtube for ideas.

No one cares about testimonials. They place zero weight on that.

Comparisons to other brands is important. They want to know why your supercharger system is better than your competitors specifically ECS. When people make the decision to buy they want to know why should I be part of Team A&A Corvettes as opposed to team ECS. You need to answer that question if you want the sale.

Last edited by Tonycpa; 11-17-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:15 PM
VIC_C7
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Andy@A&ACorvette;1593401411]I wanted to post this in the FI sections because this is where I feel I'll get the most relevent feedback. I have contracted to build a completely new website. I wanted to just start from scratch rather than revamp the existing site.
Andy@AACorvette.com
Thanks Everyone, Andy[/QUOTE

In crease the C7 options.. Pulley, SC components, retrofits, instructions.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:27 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Originally Posted by Tonycpa
Mobile friendly is not important at all.

The more customer videos the better, that is what people want to see and lead to sales. Many people look to Youtube for ideas.

No one cares about testimonials. They place zero weight on that.

Comparisons to other brands is important. They want to know why your supercharger system is better than your competitors specifically ECS. When people make the decision to buy they want to know why should I be part of Team A&A Corvettes as opposed to team ECS. You need to answer that question if you want the sale.

[QUOTE=VIC_C7;1593490833]
Andy@AACorvette.com
Thanks Everyone, Andy[/QUOTE

In crease the C7 options.. Pulley, SC components, retrofits, instructions.
While he is working on the new site, I decided to update the old one in the interim. This help me get some of the relevant information up quicker. He updated the C7 page, as that one was the most lacking. It's not done by any means but there is some good info there.
There is a link (not working yet) to a full discussion on head units and the pros and cons of each. I'm even going to have videos of each so customers can tell the difference in sound between the.
Thatks, everyone, for the input.

http://www.aacorvette.com/supercharg...roducts_id=437

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 11-24-2016 at 10:31 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Andy@A&ACorvette:
FYREANT (11-24-2016), mrbdas (11-24-2016)
Old 11-24-2016, 10:47 AM
57gman
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I would love to see the product comparisons and INCLUDE costs! We're approaching the holidays and it be great to see deals of the week that are really deals. Alot of the parts needed are sold by multiple vette stores, most sell the exact same part or even the other dealers items.

We could force prices down!

Get notified of new replies

To WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO SEE IN a NEW WEBSITE?

Quick Reply: WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO SEE IN a NEW WEBSITE?