C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meth pump fuse issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 05:29 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Default Meth pump fuse issues

Started having this problem a week or so ago. My meth pump(alky control) started blowing the 20amp fuse off the battery to the relay. I double checked all my wiring and it is fine. Tested the relay and it checks out with proper resistance. I replaced it today again and it blew While driving with out boost with in several minuets. From what I have read the the pump at 200psi should only draw 10 amps. As a note I do have my Wideband on the same relay source, but it should only draw 2.2 amps max. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Last edited by chefcg1; 01-22-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:44 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by chefcg1
Started having this problem a week or so ago. My meth pump(alky control) started blowing the 20amp fuse off the battery to the relay. I double checked all my wiring and it is fine. Tested the relay and it checks out with proper resistance. I replaced it today again and it blew While driving with out boost with in several minuets. From what I have read the the pump at 200psi should only draw 10 amps. As a note I do have my Wideband on the same relay source, but it should only draw 2.2 amps max. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Totally unhook the wideband from that source you really don't need it anyway too just see it that is your problem that may be bad and pulling more amps. If it has a 20 amp in it now don't put a 30 amp in it. Need to find the problem. Plus how long has your wideband been hooked up now on the car. Robert
Old 01-22-2017, 05:52 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by robert miller
Totally unhook the wideband from that source you really don't need it anyway too just see it that is your problem that may be bad and pulling more amps. If it has a 20 amp in it now don't put a 30 amp in it. Need to find the problem. Plus how long has your wideband been hooked up now on the car. Robert
Wideband has been hooked up since November 2016, I do have the Wideband hooked to Dashcontrol for a couple weeks now and I'm wondering if that is the issue.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:38 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Wideband has been hooked up since November 2016, I do have the Wideband hooked to Dashcontrol for a couple weeks now and I'm wondering if that is the issue.
Just undo it and put a new 20 amp and see what happens has to be man. All this stuff in these car if something crazy happens like this just have to really chg one thing at a time and work your way out from the easiest to the hardest. Elec crap is also the worse. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 01-22-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:24 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

That was my plan. I planed on running a dedicated relay anyway as I'm working on a A-pillar pod with a vendor ( more info on that to come in near future).
Old 01-23-2017, 09:50 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

That was my plan. I planed on running a dedicated relay anyway as I'm working on a A-pillar pod with a vendor ( more info on that to come in near future).
I am wanting a two pod A pillar set for the car. Please message me the vendor so I can call him to get one also. I am not going to cut holes and put stuff That will be a pain to get out and have to replace to put back to stock. Robert
Old 01-23-2017, 05:28 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by robert miller
I am wanting a two pod A pillar set for the car. Please message me the vendor so I can call him to get one also. I am not going to cut holes and put stuff That will be a pain to get out and have to replace to put back to stock. Robert
Pm'ed you the info. I should have my donor A-pillar here in a day or 2 and then off to the vender. Really don't want to say much more until I see the results. At that time I'll do a dedicated post sharing my results and info on how to order.
The following users liked this post:
robert miller (01-23-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Meth pump fuse issues

Quick Reply: Meth pump fuse issues