C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for C7 Procharger install

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 03:22 PM
robbieroflcopter
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Looking for C7 Procharger install

Hello again,

I've got a c7 z51 that I'm looking to put a Procharger on. My problem is that I live in the middle of nowhere (NE Wyoming). I'm more than happy to trailer my car somewhere but would like to take it somewhere that has done the install before and has experience dyno tuning one. I don't want to be the guinea pig lol. Anyone know of such a shop close to me? I called a couple of small shops in northern Colorado who said they'd do it but had never done one before!

I'm looking to do the kit, meth and possibly a cam.

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-25-2017, 05:31 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

We are your guys
Old 01-25-2017, 07:28 PM
DP RS
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Vengeance just did mine a few months ago. I trailered it down there from MD. Whoever you choose, make sure you triple check their ability to tune it. I wouldn't go with someone who had never done one.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:45 PM
robbieroflcopter
Instructor

I would love to run my car down to Texas! There are a lot of awesome shops down there. Unfortunately, you're 1000+ miles away from me Anyone know of a shop capable of doing this within a days drive?
Old 01-25-2017, 11:10 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by robbieroflcopter
I would love to run my car down to Texas! There are a lot of awesome shops down there. Unfortunately, you're 1000+ miles away from me Anyone know of a shop capable of doing this within a days drive?
Man if you do get someone a shop please post the name and stuff in here before you go. Plus ask for more than a few names and how to get up with them. I am sure he will give you all good reference's but just maybe one will say something.

Again even a really great tuner it will take him almost a good day to do a true good drive ability tune on the car. With only a few WOT pulls on the rollers. If you are going on the rollers and have a old set are bad set of tires use them. The rollers really don't do a set of tires any good at all.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:14 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Maybe it's worth it to you to ship the car to a reputable shop and have them ship it back. It might cost you a bit, but in the end you get someone reputable to do the work and no hassle of trailering it back and forth.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:50 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

We have done numerous Procharger systems on these vehicles, as well as other brands such as ECS and A&A and would be happy to help on your build. We are in Georgia but do have a preferred carrier that could transport the car down here for the work and back to you as well once finished. Feel free to e-mail me at david@vengeanceracing.net or call us here at 678-513-7105 if you'd like to discuss this option further!
Old 01-27-2017, 12:18 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

We work with shipping companies all the time should you want to send it to us in Phoenix.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 01-27-2017, 12:29 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
We work with shipping companies all the time should you want to send it to us in Phoenix.
Great vendor in here and also from what I have seen in here great tuner & also knowing what they are doing in all steps of a build and tuning.

I called them got a quote on shipping and tune if I cant find a closer tuner after I get my blower and meth on the car. I will be calling and shipping my car to them in less than a month..
Old 01-29-2017, 10:42 AM
Hawkbarr
Racer

Received 220 Likes on 126 Posts

Robbie call Corvette Connection here in Denver and talk to Rich. They are a Procharger shop and have package deals. They have worked on my car doing intake, headers, exhaust and tune and do good work. I would recommend them. They also race what they build here at altitude which impacts you up in Wyo.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:19 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Hawkbarr
Robbie call Corvette Connection here in Denver and talk to Rich. They are a Procharger shop and have package deals. They have worked on my car doing intake, headers, exhaust and tune and do good work. I would recommend them. They also race what they build here at altitude which impacts you up in Wyo.
On trying to get a well known show that does it all as close to you as possible. But on your statement here just because they install and race don't mean they also do the tuning also.

If you call here OP make sure you ask that that is does the same person tune the cars coming into the shop also tune the shops race car at the track.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:52 AM
Hawkbarr
Racer

Originally Posted by robert miller
On trying to get a well known show that does it all as close to you as possible. But on your statement here just because they install and race don't mean they also do the tuning also.

If you call here OP make sure you ask that that is does the same person tune the cars coming into the shop also tune the shops race car at the track.

Confirmed. The person who tunes customer cars also tunes their race cars. They primarily do 1/4, 1/2, and mile runs.

Hope that helps,
Hawkbarr
Old 01-29-2017, 12:42 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

I went with RMCR in Colorado Springs over Corvette Connection who said they'd need to keep my a&a + headers + methanol C7 for a few days in order to do the tune. RMCR did it while I waited, let me take video, sent me the dyno run files, etc. Mike, the owner, is on top of his game, and Mark who did my tune certainly knows his stuff. I'm happy with my service there.

Edit: I should mention that I did my own install, so I can't speak to their install quality, but any of the major kit builders (A&A, ECS, ProCharger, Magnuson, etc) will have no issue bolting up, and any shop that can turn a wrench can install it with ease.

Last edited by joemosfet; 01-29-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:55 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by joemosfet
I went with RMCR in Colorado Springs over Corvette Connection who said they'd need to keep my a&a + headers + methanol C7 for a few days in order to do the tune. RMCR did it while I waited, let me take video, sent me the dyno run files, etc. Mike, the owner, is on top of his game, and Mark who did my tune certainly knows his stuff. I'm happy with my service there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4tsYeUwcFI
From your tune with this shop did you loss any MPH at all in the car. Per say on a tune I had and would feel better with a shop that told me would need to keep the car for a few days. This is for getting the drive abilily on cold start up on the car correct. This can not be done 100% with are when the car get warmed up are at running temps.

With what has been said here for me I would feel better going with the shop that said would need it for a few days. But then on this you will for sure have to be in trust with that shop that they will do what is right with your car. I mean not get it out after it is done and them act in it like they stole it thing. Robert
Old 01-29-2017, 01:04 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

^I would expect a few days tuning turnaround from a shop that has never tuned a C7 before, that makes sense, or if my car didn't have stock fueling or displacement, etc.

And perhaps CC would say that, with a ProCharger kit on an otherwise stock vehicle, the turnaround time would be a lot faster, and with an A&A kit they want to make sure drivability and cold starting fuel is there and not just rely on previous experience. Their dyno doesn't have a load cell eddy brake so they have to do their drivability tuning on the street. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a proper steady state dyno would make that a more exact science, at least according to Greg Banish's efi tuning classes.

But in my estimation, "more time" does not always necessarily equate to "more quality."

As for driving it like they stole it, well, I kinda expect them to take it for a test drive as a final check of their work (or if they do street-tuning for drivability), and I even would hope that includes some safe yet valid WOT tests of the tune. But, I think the sentiment in your message was the idea that they would not drive it beyond what they would need to do in the commision of their job, which I fully agree with. Yet, I could easily see the shop manager throwing a tech my fob, "Take the blue one home tonight." Maybe I'm just cynical.

Last edited by joemosfet; 01-29-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:42 PM
Hawkbarr
Racer

^I would expect a few days tuning turnaround from a shop that has never tuned a C7 before, that makes sense, or if my car didn't have stock fueling or displacement, etc.

And perhaps CC would say that, with a ProCharger kit on an otherwise stock vehicle, the turnaround time would be a lot faster, and with an A&A kit they want to make sure drivability and cold starting fuel is there and not just rely on previous experience. Their dyno doesn't have a load cell eddy brake so they have to do their drivability tuning on the street. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a proper steady state dyno would make that a more exact science, at least according to Greg Banish's efi tuning classes.

But in my estimation, "more time" does not always necessarily equate to "more quality."

As for driving it like they stole it, well, I kinda expect them to take it for a test drive as a final check of their work (or if they do street-tuning for drivability), and I even would hope that includes some safe yet valid WOT tests of the tune. But, I think the sentiment in your message was the idea that they would not drive it beyond what they would need to do in the commision of their job, which I fully agree with. Yet, I could easily see the shop manager throwing a tech my fob, "Take the blue one home tonight." Maybe I'm just cynical.

To Robbie (OP), you see that you have a couple of good shops to choose from in the Denver and Colorado Springs areas. Probably wont go bad with either choice and you have a couple of references.

If you DO choose Corvette Connection(in North Denver), you will probably need to leave it since they have a backlog and run a lot of cars through their shop. I dropped it off on a Saturday and picked it up the following Saturday because it was more convenient for my work schedule and live between Denver and Colorado Springs.

Good Luck!!

Hawkbarr
Old 01-29-2017, 08:04 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

To a point on the stock short block in your car. But even with that said. Each and ever motor even with the stuff in it each and ever one still will be some what diff in the tuning to get the max out of it.

Yes stock motor if the tuner has don't a ton of them yes should put that tune set up in your motor. Then take it out and just do a little on that to make it a little better to him.

But still getting back to the cold start up tune on what that does to the car. That will always be diff on how much better it runs if the tuner works on this side of the tune just a little more. Than just one cold start tune fits all on a stock bottom end with a blower and LT headers on it. Again if he is a good tuner the WOT is the easy part over the other. Again On a stock short block the shop I am looking at took me he could do it in a full day. A full 6 to 8 hours it will take him and if I had a cam in the car at least a 2 day job.

This shop has been doing this for years and tunes some of the really high HP LS & LT motors. Robert

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for C7 Procharger install

Old 01-30-2017, 06:44 AM
robbieroflcopter
Instructor

Default Great information

I will have to look into that RMCR place. I had not heard of it before. I've seen Corvette Connection online before but thought that it had changed hands and was a little iffy about taking my car somewhere without a good track record. Thanks for all the info guys. As usual, this place is an awesome source of information and help! I really wish I could take my car to one of the bigger shops but their packages are a little out of my price range and that's before I even look into shipping.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:30 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by robbieroflcopter
I will have to look into that RMCR place. I had not heard of it before. I've seen Corvette Connection online before but thought that it had changed hands and was a little iffy about taking my car somewhere without a good track record. Thanks for all the info guys. As usual, this place is an awesome source of information and help! I really wish I could take my car to one of the bigger shops but their packages are a little out of my price range and that's before I even look into shipping.
If you get what you are looking to get on the install and tune that money believe me will be well spend. tune should cost you around 600.00 install on the unit 1,k to 1500.00 max.

You can buy your blower from A/A at a good price for sure. Robert
Old 01-30-2017, 12:38 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

He's right on the $$$

Originally Posted by robert miller
If you get what you are looking to get on the install and tune that money believe me will be well spend. tune should cost you around 600.00 install on the unit 1,k to 1500.00 max.

You can buy your blower from A/A at a good price for sure. Robert

Quick Reply: Looking for C7 Procharger install