C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How big of a PITA would it be to remove AA SC kit ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 07:48 PM
badass1g
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Default How big of a PITA would it be to remove AA SC kit ?

And return the car to stock? Curious of about how much work would be included in removing the system and returning the car to stock. How do you get the tune to go back to factory? How many hours would it take apprx for a half decent at home mechanic?
Old 06-16-2018, 11:33 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Depends on what you have for tools and your experience level. In order to pulll the crank pulley you have to remove the steering rack. To get that done and swapped would take me a full day on jackstands and I’ve done it a few times. The rest removes pretty easily. The tune isn’t something you can do without the special tuner that was used to put the tune in your car.

Last edited by FYREANT; 06-16-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:50 AM
raylo
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 255 Posts

You’d also have to replace the plastic panel that was cut for the intercooler. That might be difficult.

Last edited by raylo; 06-17-2018 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:34 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by raylo
You’d also have to replace the plastic panel that was cut for the intercooler. That might be difficult.
I assume you are talking about the one thats up in there and not the flat panel on the bottom. That would may be a challenge, but its not “necessary” to put it back to stock in my opinion. As in if you were trading the car in, I wouldn’t worry about it. But a fair point to mention nonetheless.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:58 AM
raylo
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 255 Posts

Yes that one. I haven’t been in there but the A&A install instructions say it would be a PITA to replace. Leaving it open could be a red flag that mods were done. But then the tune counter would also give it away for any of these systems. Also getting all the PCV plumbing 100% restored correctly would be a bit of a challenge regardless of which system one installed.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:36 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

It's not really a big deal, but you'll find you likely will have to replace various bits and pieces. I haven't removed C7, but I have removed AA's from C5 and 6. Tensioner pulley needs replaced, various plastic pieces, hardware was missing, replace the injectors, recal the pcm/ecu, the front lower valences needed replaced, needed to procure a new intake, etc.

Nothing HARD about it, just gotta be sure you have what you need to get it done.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:23 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Just get the install instructions and go backwards... You'll know exactly what it takes.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 06-17-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:17 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Days work, buy a new lower panel and it’s done leave the abs alone no one would notice. Tune to stock at tuner that tuned it originally they should have file stored and can email to local tuner if not local.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:53 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by chefcg1
Days work, buy a new lower panel and it’s done leave the abs alone no one would notice. Tune to stock at tuner that tuned it originally they should have file stored and can email to local tuner if not local.
The tuner should have your tune in HP tuners on his computer. Like ANT said above the lower pulley or the balancers with the P/S wrack will be the hardest point. But unlike ANT would have to put the car on a lift I am to old for that **** on my back with the car on jacks that is why I have a full 9,k lb lift. Robert

Get notified of new replies

To How big of a PITA would it be to remove AA SC kit ?

Quick Reply: How big of a PITA would it be to remove AA SC kit ?