C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another LT4 Stingray!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 01:06 PM
Mike_Red
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Another LT4 Stingray!

Just dropped off my z51 this morning for some elective surgery. The work and parts were coordinated through Paul on the forum. The shop that’s doing it seems to know what he’s talking about. I’m looking forward to some pictures once they get started. I will post when I get them. Also have an 8hour drive back home after it’s completed. Pretty excited about this!
Old 10-15-2018, 05:05 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I did the same thing here on my 2014 z51 car but I did the work but did get a good paint shop here to do all the painting of all the parts. Just one question here you couldn't find a good body & paint shop to do this work that is closer to you man. With just a few yes plastic tools to be able to pull a few panels off the car 15.00 for those per say that is all the tools other than a reg small tool box you would need.

Now the door panel that you have to break & pull apart from inside the door was a BEAR & make you worry a little plus gluing the new panels back into place also. But other then this piece of cake per say. I got a guy to help me break part of one door panel out cost was a six pack & he came back to help me put one side back into the car also.

Then 1800.00 for panel painting of new hood 2 front fenders 2 rear qts & the top piece on the rear bumper yes & gas door also...Robert

Do post pic's man you will love the looks of the car over the old one...
Old 10-15-2018, 05:08 PM
Mike_Red
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I’m not changing the looks
of the car except under the hood!
Old 10-16-2018, 06:26 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_Red
Just dropped off my z51 this morning for some elective surgery. The work and parts were coordinated through Paul on the forum. The shop that’s doing it seems to know what he’s talking about. I’m looking forward to some pictures once they get started. I will post when I get them. Also have an 8hour drive back home after it’s completed. Pretty excited about this!

what kidna work r u doing
Old 10-16-2018, 10:35 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Mike_Red
I’m not changing the looks
of the car except under the hood!
Sorry about that so you are putting a LT4 S/C set up on your car, didnt mean to screw up your post I can delete my post if you like.. Good luck on her man post pic's as you go... Robert
Old 10-17-2018, 07:52 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

If it's the Paul I know he got ya some SOLID parts
Old 10-18-2018, 03:29 PM
Mike_Red
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Some delays waiting on parts but things are coming along nicely. Should be burning up the road back to Alabama tomorrow sometime.

Last edited by Mike_Red; 10-18-2018 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:58 PM
Joshinator99
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
I did the same thing here on my 2014 z51 car but I did the work but did get a good paint shop here to do all the painting of all the parts. Just one question here you couldn't find a good body & paint shop to do this work that is closer to you man. With just a few yes plastic tools to be able to pull a few panels off the car 15.00 for those per say that is all the tools other than a reg small tool box you would need.

Now the door panel that you have to break & pull apart from inside the door was a BEAR & make you worry a little plus gluing the new panels back into place also. But other then this piece of cake per say. I got a guy to help me break part of one door panel out cost was a six pack & he came back to help me put one side back into the car also.

Then 1800.00 for panel painting of new hood 2 front fenders 2 rear qts & the top piece on the rear bumper yes & gas door also...Robert

Do post pic's man you will love the looks of the car over the old one...
Not sure I’d feel comfortable letting a paint and body shop install my supercharger...

Old 10-20-2018, 12:41 AM
onebad1lE
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Ok. MIke’s car is done — hopefully he will post some pics of Install and after he gets home we can get some tuning done
since the weather was bad here
The following users liked this post:
Mike_Red (10-24-2018)
Old 10-20-2018, 11:04 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Joshinator99

Not sure I’d feel comfortable letting a paint and body shop install my supercharger...

I agree so many guys doing the z51 body panels to make the car look like the z06. This was what I got in my head from just first read.. Yes a few guys has done the z06 blower set up in here but more than half of them guys have then chged that out to a f1a blower are some other blower set up.. My mistake on his post/// Robert
Old 10-24-2018, 10:06 PM
Mike_Red
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Finally! I finally have a few minutes to sit down and upload some pictures. So heres what we did.

2017 LT4 Supercharger
Z06 HPFP
Z06 Injectors
Z06 fuel hose
Mighty Mouse "mild" catchcan
Tuning by Paul @onebad1lE

Tomorrow Im installing the Granatelli Motorsports heat exchanger expansion tank.

The work was done at Triple Threat Racecraft, just North of Houston. I cant say enough good things about this place. Customer service was great and the quality of work is nothing less than impressive. I drove 8.5 hours from Alabama to have this conversion done. There was some delays with parts coming because of that dang hurricane. Dustin at TTR was aware of my situation and stayed working until midnight on the 5th day in order to finish so I could go home. He also has texted me multiple times to make sure everything is still like it should be.. Id definitely use these guys for all my car work, if I was closer....

Thanks again to onebad1lE - Paul also. He stayed late and ran all over the place to get the needed parts. He has also followed up with me several times since I left to make sure everything is going good still

Starting the conversion.

Completed LT4 Conversion

What I mostly did while waiting for the work to be completed...

Last edited by Mike_Red; 10-24-2018 at 10:28 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mike_Red:
A320Flyer (11-03-2018), djyankees31 (10-25-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 11:35 PM
onebad1lE
Instructor

Default Lt4 blower swap

hey thanks for the post hope everything is going good
look forward to future upgrades hopefully lol
Old 10-25-2018, 07:29 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

There's my Rebecca Braun (I think) supercharger!! I was so good to her you got a good one there Mike! Just easy highway miles zero drag or track use. Good luck and yes Paul is a good guy. I spent two half days off work trying to pack all that up and shipping it to Paul, it was a LOT more expensive than we thought. Glad you are enjoying it Mike! That's what its all about. Thanks Paul..
The following users liked this post:
Mike_Red (10-25-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 10:05 AM
Mike_Red
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
There's my Rebecca Braun (I think) supercharger!! I was so good to her you got a good one there Mike! Just easy highway miles zero drag or track use. Good luck and yes Paul is a good guy. I spent two half days off work trying to pack all that up and shipping it to Paul, it was a LOT more expensive than we thought. Glad you are enjoying it Mike! That's what its all about. Thanks Paul..
Yep. Thats the one. I appreciate you working with Paul to get it all shipped. Glad to hear it hasn't been beat on in the past. I plan to be good to it also.

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2018, 11:26 AM
jeffinavette
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

How much did the setup cost you installed?
Old 10-25-2018, 11:42 AM
Mike_Red
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Well, i didnt keep very good track of all the costs, simply because I want to stay married.

but it was under 7k, all said and done.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:59 PM
onebad1lE
Instructor

Default Install

Mikes car had upgraded lt4 fuel and catch can install
if u do just all stock cost a lot less

Get notified of new replies

To Another LT4 Stingray!

Old 10-25-2018, 05:03 PM
Mike_Red
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by onebad1lE
Mikes car had upgraded lt4 fuel and catch can install
if u do just all stock cost a lot less

yes. All the fuel and catch can was 2k
Old 10-25-2018, 05:05 PM
managerman
Pro

Received 230 Likes on 106 Posts

Congrats!! You will love it!!

-M
Old 11-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Mike_Red
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

was on the dyno today.. Really thought Id see the 600s....car fell flat on its face (436Hp ). not enough fuel and took out 10* of timing.. Going to get it on a dyno and dyno tune it. Street tune is good for a baseline but Id recommend if you do this, you dynotune it. Will hopefully replace this crap number with something in the 600s

Quick Reply: Another LT4 Stingray!