C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready to supercharge my C7 - please assist!

 
Old 11-24-2018, 11:29 PM
  #1  
OneWhiteWolf
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ready to supercharge my C7 - please assist!

Hey team,

I'm finally about to be ready to supercharge my 2LT '14 LT1 M7 Stingray and want to make sure I'm not pushing the limits of the stock internals, as I don't want to have to open up the motor.

Will I be able to (reliably) make 670-700WHP without opening up the motor running E85, or would this be pushing it a bit? If not, what is required to make this power and who can point me in the right direction for a capable kit on a budget? I'm looking for a package that I can have installed and no other supporting mods required that might be overlooked in the process.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I have read extensively but first-hand experiences for what I'm looking for is always good reassurance!

Thank you
OneWhiteWolf is offline  
Old 11-25-2018, 05:43 AM
  #2  
Quik Z06
Supporting Vendor
 
Quik Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2003
Location: Devil's Island CA
Posts: 8,212
Thanked 264 Times in 201 Posts
Default

Honestly that's pushing it. Everyone says different but i think anywhere around 600 you'll be fine, but over that it wont be "reliable" at least not for long. Also depends on how much you'll drive it and how you'll drive it. My car is at 610 and been blown for a year and a half and I think it needs a rebuild. Im not mad about it, I drive my car hard, but be prepared when the time comes...lol because it will eventually.
Quik Z06 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quik Z06 For This Useful Post:
1ccrider (12-08-2018), GundamX7X (12-08-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 01:43 AM
  #3  
OneWhiteWolf
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the response! How much more would I have to budget to make the motor reliable would you think? just pistons?
OneWhiteWolf is offline  
Old 11-26-2018, 01:48 AM
  #4  
Quik Z06
Supporting Vendor
 
Quik Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2003
Location: Devil's Island CA
Posts: 8,212
Thanked 264 Times in 201 Posts
Default

There’s a few vendors here that sell drop in pistons, depends on mileage on your car etc. I haven’t looked into drop in pistons alone, but if you can’t do the work then you gotta figure it’s gonna be 4-5k I would imagine. At that point, if you’re doing pistons, lol might as well drop in a cam..see where this is going?
Quik Z06 is offline  
Old 11-26-2018, 01:49 AM
  #5  
OneWhiteWolf
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Loud and clear. I'll aim for 600.
OneWhiteWolf is offline  
Old 11-26-2018, 02:17 AM
  #6  
Fast6.3
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2016
Posts: 286
Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
Default

I did the AA v3 ti supercharger with meth got 630 drives awesome had it for over 2 years no problems.
If you are in the southwest talk to Joe at Cordes performance in Phoenix he will set you up,right
Fast6.3 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Fast6.3 For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 10:24 AM
  #7  
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor
 
Billy@MTI's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 1,061
Thanked 148 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Give us a call. I can set you up with a complete package.
Thanks,
Billy 832 945 1000

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-26-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Billy@MTI is online now  
Old 11-26-2018, 01:42 PM
  #8  
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor
 
Late Model Racecraft's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,300
Thanked 178 Times in 122 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by OneWhiteWolf View Post
Hey team,

I'm finally about to be ready to supercharge my 2LT '14 LT1 M7 Stingray and want to make sure I'm not pushing the limits of the stock internals, as I don't want to have to open up the motor.

Will I be able to (reliably) make 670-700WHP without opening up the motor running E85, or would this be pushing it a bit? If not, what is required to make this power and who can point me in the right direction for a capable kit on a budget? I'm looking for a package that I can have installed and no other supporting mods required that might be overlooked in the process.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I have read extensively but first-hand experiences for what I'm looking for is always good reassurance!

Thank you

Not sure what part of the country you are from but we offer several different packages to boost your vehicle while keeping it nice and safe. Your HP goal will determine price and which route we chose. Feel free to hit us up anytime.
__________________
FIRST C7 Corvette in the 7's & 9's
Current C7 World Record Holder 7.55 @ 184 MPH

Quickest and Fastest GEN5 LT Powered Vehicle
LMR1200HP Supercharged C7 8.84 @ 160
LMR1200HP Twin Turbo C7 [email protected]
2 TIME OUTLAW DRAG RADIAL LSX CHAMPION 2008/2010
9.47 ZR1 Corvette-2009
FIRST 2010 CAMARO in the 9's-2010
HOME OF THE FASTEST LSx'S IN THE WORLD!!
Late Model Racecraft
713-466-9900
Latemodelracecraft.com
Too many PMs, please call or email instead, thanks!
Late Model Racecraft is offline  
Old 11-28-2018, 03:17 PM
  #9  
Marine1965
CF Senior Member
 
Marine1965's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Milton Florida
Posts: 119
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Answer to your problem

my 2014 Z51. Done by Redline Motorsports in Florida, dynoed 670 hp, I drive it everyday, race it monthly at our Dragstrip, runs 6.57 1/8 th at 108 mph, 1.51 60' ...never had no problems, 10.20 1/4 mi....they did the build 4 yrs ago, still going strong...call Howard and tell him Roy told you to....he is the man...love my car....Paxton supercharger, Methanol, American Racing Long Tube headers, intercooler....

Last edited by Marine1965; 11-29-2018 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Pictures
Marine1965 is offline  
Old 11-28-2018, 03:24 PM
  #10  
Redline Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor
 
Redline Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2001
Location: NY-South Florida
Posts: 2,882
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Marine1965 View Post
my 2014 Z51. Done by Redline Motorsports in Florida, dynoed 670 hp, I drive it everyday, race it monthly at our Dragstrip, runs 6.57 1/8 th at 108 mph, 1.51 60' ...never had no problems, 10.20 1/4 mi....they did the build 4 yrs ago, still going strong...call Harold and tell him Roy told you to....he is the man...love my car....Paxton supercharger, Methanol, American Racing Long Tube headers, intercooler....
Thanks for the compliment and glad you are still enjoying the build!

__________________

www.redline-motorsports.net
1-954-703-5560

Follow us on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM!!

South Florida's Leading Full Service LSX and LT1 Performance Center
Street, Roadcourse and Drag Racing Setups! Calibrations to in house engine development

Redline Motorsports is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Redline Motorsports For This Useful Post:
Marine1965 (11-28-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 10:27 AM
  #11  
Bruce_K
CF Senior Member
 
Bruce_K's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2016
Posts: 158
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Im Only at 560 and over 600 Trq for over a year now and im about to push it more. I havent had any issues. But I will be doing internals becuase i'll be pushing it harder soon.
Bruce_K is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 11:55 AM
  #12  
BrunoTheMellow
CF Senior Member
 
BrunoTheMellow's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,035
Thanked 321 Times in 254 Posts
Default

570/530 here, nothing but the Procharger. Don't think there's many if anyond in the nation that drives a centrifugal supercharged lt1 (with no other mods) harder than me. This car regularly sees 250 coolant temps. It's tracked at least once a month and a lot of high speed 1/2 mile style pulls.

With that being said. I will not put any more hp into it without pistons, etc. I am not an occasional 10 seconds of WOT. This is 30 minutes track sessions, 6x a day, in 100 degree weather. MUCH more abuse than those running the supercharger, headers, meth combo.
BrunoTheMellow is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 08:18 PM
  #13  
tiborrules
CF Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2014
Location: Owasso OK
Posts: 88
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Same as Bruno. I track my car multiple times per year and drive it a lot. I have a 15 z51 M7 with a procharger and catless x pipe. It has 572 whp. I have put 28,000 miles on it with the procharger and no issues at all with the exception of running hot on our road course until I replaced the radiator with a DeWitts.
tiborrules is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 08:22 PM
  #14  
BrunoTheMellow
CF Senior Member
 
BrunoTheMellow's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,035
Thanked 321 Times in 254 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tiborrules View Post
Same as Bruno. I track my car multiple times per year and drive it a lot. I have a 15 z51 M7 with a procharger and catless x pipe. It has 572 whp. I have put 28,000 miles on it with the procharger and no issues at all with the exception of running hot on our road course until I replaced the radiator with a DeWitts.
Did the radiator help a lot?? Which one??
BrunoTheMellow is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 08:52 PM
  #15  
tiborrules
CF Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2014
Location: Owasso OK
Posts: 88
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

It did. Once I upgraded the brakes (z06 calipers and girodisc rotors), installed LG sway bars and started running slicks, I would hit 245+ coolant temps and get into limp mode after about 6 laps. I contacted DeWitts and installed the radiator they suggested, a 180 degree thermostat and a z06 grill. Now it runs 130-135 coolant temp when run hard.
tiborrules is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 09:58 PM
  #16  
Virgil6868
Junior Member
 
Virgil6868's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I have a '19 A8 stingray...went with the A&A kit with the v3 TI, 3.8 pulley and 8" lower, also did Kooks 2" headers and their catless mid pipe and the TSP vvt1 32% fuel lobe cam. Car makes right under 7psi with this setup and made 593/553 on pump. Very happy with the overall performance of it, but as soon as the 3.47 pulley and DSXtuning e85 kit makes it here I am going back in for a retune and hope to make closer to 700rwhp. True Street Motorsports is who did my install and tuning. Whether or not this is reliable...well who really knows. Best suggestion is to find a reputable tuner and shop.

I love the A&A kit...was a great choice and strongly suggest it!
Virgil6868 is offline  
Old 12-05-2018, 05:24 PM
  #17  
BrunoTheMellow
CF Senior Member
 
BrunoTheMellow's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,035
Thanked 321 Times in 254 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Virgil6868 View Post
I have a '19 A8 stingray...went with the A&A kit with the v3 TI, 3.8 pulley and 8" lower, also did Kooks 2" headers and their catless mid pipe and the TSP vvt1 32% fuel lobe cam. Car makes right under 7psi with this setup and made 593/553 on pump. Very happy with the overall performance of it, but as soon as the 3.47 pulley and DSXtuning e85 kit makes it here I am going back in for a retune and hope to make closer to 700rwhp. True Street Motorsports is who did my install and tuning. Whether or not this is reliable...well who really knows. Best suggestion is to find a reputable tuner and shop.

I love the A&A kit...was a great choice and strongly suggest it!
You'll run out of fuel well before that.
BrunoTheMellow is offline  
Old 12-05-2018, 06:35 PM
  #18  
Virgil6868
Junior Member
 
Virgil6868's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow View Post
You'll run out of fuel well before that.
Well before 700rwhp?
Virgil6868 is offline  
Old 12-05-2018, 08:01 PM
  #19  
123sugey
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
123sugey's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Port Saint Lucie FLORIDA & HONDURAS
Posts: 3,185
Thanked 126 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Virgil6868 View Post
Well before 700rwhp?
If what you stated for mods were the only ones.... you are already running out of fuel
123sugey is offline  
Old 12-09-2018, 01:12 PM
  #20  
typhoontaz
CF Senior Member
 
typhoontaz's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Posts: 358
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

3 years and 27K miles at 624whp with stock internals and Procharger set up, Corsa X pipe, no other mods. Runs awesome, no issues.
typhoontaz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ready to supercharge my C7 - please assist!


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: