C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MTI 1000hp Package Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 06:02 PM
3honkz
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by OG_Pokey
Hey Acec7, as C7&7 alluded to, the MS109 is what i asked for vs. C16. We talked about going for the 1000hp number, but seriously at this power level for a street car, it will never hook well anyway. I was tempted to put a different pulley on and get the number, but to what end? I don't plan on anything more than drag radials on the car and this will already be too much for the street and too much for the tires to hold. A half mile event or mile event might be in the future, but it won't be a 1/4 mile car with big tires in the back. I did have a wideband installed and that was another consideration for the unleaded vs. leaded fuel map. And the tune is very safe, not near the edge at all.

And this is just a step in the process. I don't know how all of you are, but I've always been a man of little/no moderation. Once the bug bites, and you modify, I never stop modifying till I sell it and start over. Knowing the stock fuel system plus low side would still be the limiting factor, my next step might just be a port injection system and drivetrain improvements to hold bigger/stickier tires. The car will then be set for much more than 1000 hp. But for now, let's see how she drives on the street once the weather warms up a bit. Or at least that was my line of thinking when I entered this build.

I'd like to hear Billy's comments, because a lot of the conversation we (me and MTI) had helped me form my opinions and direction to go.
good luck man and the car will definitely be fun to drive

Quick Reply: MTI 1000hp Package Build