C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential Procharger system setup question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 09:50 AM
BigJay08
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Potential Procharger system setup question

I was wondering if someone could help. I have a 16 z06 and am considering a procharger setup to get my air inlet temps down. I currently have a btr stage 2 cam, Alky Meth kit, race cats and corsa mid pipe / extreme mufflers. if i were to go with a procharger setup at what horsepower level to the wheels will i run out of fuel (assuming 93 octane pump gas).
Old 06-27-2019, 12:12 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

About 1000hp
Old 06-28-2019, 04:43 PM
jerho
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would not do 1000 without altering the fuel system. I am where you are as far as build-with an F1A and was told by my tuner/ builder I need to change my fuel system. Have hot done it but plan to before an all out pull. I would be cautious and read and talk, those engines are very expensive.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:52 PM
BigJay08
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

My goals are to build it as much as i can with a few things in mind. I would like to keep it streetable, i like to drive it to work etc, which means the highest horsepower to where i can keep the stock fuel system or only do a low side upgrade and keep the race cats i have installed. they in the factory location so they should hold up a little more with the extra heat compared to the mid pipe location. I was hoping for around 800 / 850 wheel if possible.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:18 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by BigJay08
My goals are to build it as much as i can with a few things in mind. I would like to keep it streetable, i like to drive it to work etc, which means the highest horsepower to where i can keep the stock fuel system or only do a low side upgrade and keep the race cats i have installed. they in the factory location so they should hold up a little more with the extra heat compared to the mid pipe location. I was hoping for around 800 / 850 wheel if possible.

If you stay on pump gas you can hit 800 with Alky. Sure. Know you're not wanting the full port injection + low side but they offer much easier to install low sides now like the one MTI offers. It wouldn't recommend it to support port injection (you really need dedicated feed/return lines for that) but it's perfect for what you need. Getting into E85 is where it gets dicey needing roughly 30% more fuel to make the same power.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:52 AM
BooSSted
Drifting

Received 309 Likes on 250 Posts

Depening on your cam, how much e85, how much meth your using, dyno and few other variables. You could see anywhere from 850-1000 whp on your current setup.

Get notified of new replies

To Potential Procharger system setup question

Quick Reply: Potential Procharger system setup question