C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low whp on f1x build any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 02:43 PM
FURBY LOC"S
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

latest info from gm
Old 07-30-2019, 12:04 PM
FURBY LOC"S
Racer

this are my cam specs 635/639/230/240 116+4 with ported heads
Old 07-31-2019, 08:16 AM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by FURBY LOC"S
this are my cam specs 635/639/230/240 116+4 with ported heads
I'm reading thru this thread and I feel for you. There is alot of advice here...some good, some, well "ok". At the end of the day, you are asking the "internet" to diagnose a problem that may or may not exist (cuz you are chasing a number and not identifying a problem..e.g. high IATs, knock, poor track times, etc.). Best advice based on experience, find a shop with experience (e.g. cars that have demonstrably done what you are trying to do...they are out there with PROOF that they can do it.) that is willing to sit down with you and discuss your goals and "take responsibility for the results". It will cost you something, and not likely cheap cuz if your original shop truly did "F" up, they will have to re-do some stuff. In the long run it will cost you less in terms of time and $$$ and agravation as I see you on a never ending path of chasing your tail. Its hard to do, and will take patience but will save you heartache in the end.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:22 AM
FURBY LOC"S
Racer

belive me earl h i did take it to the best shop in utah and spent a big penny on this build and that was with me doing some work also the shop its all they do nothing but gm work and have a reputation for racing there own cars i just kinda wanted to have an idea if the tune was right or wrong car drives fine i have issues here and there but im working them out one by one and not chasing a number i just wanted to build an easy 1000whp car and did what everyone was doing to achive that it just did not happen in my case
Old 07-31-2019, 10:54 AM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

belive me earl h i did take it to the best shop in utah and spent a big penny on this build and that was with me doing some work also the shop its all they do nothing but gm work and have a reputation for racing there own cars i just kinda wanted to have an idea if the tune was right or wrong car drives fine i have issues here and there but im working them out one by one and not chasing a number i just wanted to build an easy 1000whp car and did what everyone was doing to achive that it just did not happen in my case
2 Things

1.)...nice 1000whp car...well, 'nuf said.

2.) I'm not saying that you did anything wrong in how you picked the 1st shop. Hell, when building my V (which in my sig you will notice that there are no track times...pisses me off to no end) after 3+ years of the shop driving my car more than I did and having it in their garage more than my own on a ratio of 10 to 1. **** got old and my loyalty never paid off. I had to bite the bullet and use a shop that is 4 hours away. They were chosen not based on how THEIR cars ran but how their customer's cars ran. Its inconvenient as hell and had to have a ton of stuff re-done ($$$$),however I didn't have anybody that I trust locally unfortunately. On this project we will see how it turns out. The rec'd the V, because they delivered on a joint project (e.g. Z). I expect the same outcome.

Not a critique...just trying to help a fellow Vette guy out and saving him from chasing his tail.
The following users liked this post:
FURBY LOC"S (07-31-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 08:54 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Hey buddy what’s the latest? Really feel for ya I know you have a lot in this build and with the money we all have spent in this big builds we expect a smile on our face to say the least. Course we will have issued but at the end of the day they should all eventually be worked out and you happy. Sounds like you can’t get past this last problem. Thanks for sharing keep us posted we all can learn from these big custom builds. Each one is different.

I just upgraded my valvetrain myself that went very well but still chasing low oil pressure issues. I think I let my oil run low one drive when my valve stem seals were leaking and it caused some internal damage. May have spun a bearing or my oil pressure solenoid is gone. It’s throwing codes telling me that is the problem but a lot of times it’s not. Funny thing is at idle with my oil temps at 200 (they don’t go much above 215 in 98 degree street driving), my oil pressure drops to ZERO or ONE PSI and absolutely doesn’t make a single noise. Nothing. No tapping of lifters nothing. It can idle for 10 mins and runs perfectly fine. Never seen that before. Normally I get some engine noise. So I don’t know what the hell is going on it runs like a champ. If I spun a bearing so be it when it goes I will just build a short block and throw it in. Sick of always worrying! Trying to just enjoy the damn car so I feel your pain bud. I may be throwing a Katech high flow oil pump in soon along with a new camshaft and when my pan is off I can inspect my bearings. Could even be an oil passage blocked. The filter behind the oil pressure sending unit is a known factor I pulled it out and it was fine. So at a loss. Going to put a manual oil pressure gauge in soon to see if it’s not my wiring or something. It runs off 5v and increases and lowers based on pressure. Any wiring issues can throw that off too. Wish these cars had two oil pressure sending units.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:29 AM
junk c5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

Out of morbid curiosity, have you been at the track to really see how fast the car is currently ?
Old 08-11-2019, 08:48 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

So i have a 2015 c7 z06 with z07 pakage im currently running a f1x at around 19.8 psi and im only making about 970whp on e70 that is really low specially for a manual car
i have all the suporting mods like cam heads clutch 2 inch headers no cats amc tune port injection dual meth nossels tripple fuel pumps 1700 injectors flex fuel sensor etc i mean everything to be a high hp car atleast to break into the 1000whp mark easy but its not
air fuel ratio is around 12.2 to 12.4 26 degrees of timming no pulley slip or tire slip any toughts?
Yep go turbo just kidding. https://www.edgyvette.com/product/ev...-power-package

That HP is not low for 20psi. It's not amazing but not dissapoinnting either

What clutch are you using? Hit us sales@edgyvette.com and we will get you over 1k whp with a couple simple changes
The following users liked this post:
FURBY LOC"S (08-28-2019)
Old 08-11-2019, 09:08 AM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Cajun @ Edgyvette
Yep go turbo
Not wrong...lol.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:44 PM
FURBY LOC"S
Racer

Im using a rps triple
Old 08-27-2019, 04:45 PM
FURBY LOC"S
Racer

C5-vert sorry to hear that im doing just that trying to enjoy the car the way it is for now untill i get more $$ for more go fast parts lol
Old 08-27-2019, 04:51 PM
FURBY LOC"S
Racer

Junk c5 i have not taking it to any 1/4 mile events since i dont have the right wheel tire combo but i have done a 1/2 mile event wich i need driver mod and tires lol i did 161 mph on the half mile
Old 08-27-2019, 05:22 PM
FURBY LOC"S
Racer

Last edited by FURBY LOC"S; 08-27-2019 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-27-2019, 05:35 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

May want to call Joe@CPR to talk about your issues and problems. He can probably fill you in on all sorts of interesting stuff. I would see about shipping the car down to him to get some stuff fixed.
The following 2 users liked this post by Unreal:
Cordes Performance Racing (08-27-2019), FURBY LOC"S (08-27-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 10:45 AM
2014stingrayjoe
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

if you are using a standard passage pushrod that is likely an issue. you may want to use a restricted wall pushrod and this may very well correct the low oil pressure issue. from experience. just saying we have been here and done that!!!
Old 08-28-2019, 12:27 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,232 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014stingrayjoe
if you are using a standard passage pushrod that is likely an issue. you may want to use a restricted wall pushrod and this may very well correct the low oil pressure issue. from experience. just saying we have been here and done that!!!
on a very simple combo he in no way needs a restricted pushrod. I just barely had to step up to that in my c5 that revs to 8k with a glide making 1500.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:03 PM
FURBY LOC"S
Racer

Oil pressure has been resolved on my end just ended up using thicker oil

Quick Reply: Low whp on f1x build any ideas?