C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbocharger options/advice???

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 11:42 AM
LifeGoals
Navigator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbocharger options/advice???

*This is a renamed thread*

Hello all. I'm an aspiring M7 Z51/Grand Sport owner and am considering buying at the end of this year or the beginning of 2025. The sound of a the Corvette's N/A V8 is undoubtedly great, but I'm coming from a non-stock turbocharged car and will sorely miss the sound of the intake and spool. So I was wondering if there were any mid-tier, single turbo kits that are well known for the platform? I'm not trying to race it at all, so I don't need a twin-turbo kit or the most expensive parts. But I do want the parts that I buy to be of a decent quality so I get my money's worth and the parts last. Any suggestions?
Old 02-19-2024, 07:14 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,643 Posts

Procharge it and call it a day ....

Dave
The following users liked this post:
LifeGoals (02-20-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 05:41 PM
LifeGoals
Navigator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was a SOLID suggestion. Wasn't aware of the possibilities of a procharged vehicle. I never took the time to do any independent research on it because I always owned either an N/A or turbocharged car. Thanks a lot.
Dcasole (02-20-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 07:33 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LifeGoals
This was a SOLID suggestion. Wasn't aware of the possibilities of a procharged vehicle. I never took the time to do any independent research on it because I always owned either an N/A or turbocharged car. Thanks a lot.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions , i installed mine myself and had it remote tuned . Best mod i have ever done . Easy install , procharger is a extremely well designed/engineered kit . I can and have driven this car anywhere and on the weekends take it to the track

Dave
CFD E59 (03-05-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 11:38 PM
Corvette4ever
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Make sure that you listen to a procharged car before decide. Some people like it, others hate it. IMO, Magnuson 2650 is the most common power adder on C7 platform that is well proven

As for Turbo, this is the only "kit" available. However it is relatively recent and I haven't seen too many installs

https://www.on3performance.com/shop/...-turbo-system/

Old 02-21-2024, 06:36 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Corvette4ever
Make sure that you listen to a procharged car before decide. Some people like it, others hate it. IMO, Magnuson 2650 is the most common power adder on C7 platform that is well
Have you ever listened to a procharger with Helical cut gears instead if straight cut ?? . With hood closed I can't even hear mine
Not sure where you get your data that says a Maggie is the most common power adder ... there are just as many who use a centri
Personally I don't like the heat soak issues you get with a roots blower

Dave

Old 02-21-2024, 10:36 AM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

None of the Chargeres are going to SPOOL like a turbo sound wise for sure.

Pro Charger with Helical gears, are quitter.
Pro Charger with Strait cut gears, are louder and have more of that gear wine/whistle idling around.
Both of the above in anything remotely close to a normal application don't make any spool sound. They both can have loud blow off/ bypass valves that give a fun sound.

PD blowers, can have the Root wine kinda like a 03-04 Cobra, or a Hellcat. but even with a over spun, Ported blower its not as loud as some other brands. I hiave a ported blower, 18% over drive pulley and Billet lid, and i can hear it but its not alike a hellcat sound wise. Pulls amazing.

I am posting all this to say if you want a Turbo sound, spool, feel none are going to do it like a turbo set up. They all have their own perks/ sounds/ faults. This is coming form someone that has had all 3 of them. Power wise, reliability wise, they all work great.
Dcasole (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 02:47 PM
Nitrous347
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I can say for sure that a Magnuson at 7psi( supplied pulleys) is completely silent. You’d never know it had anything added over N/A save for the extra power.

Get notified of new replies

To Turbocharger options/advice???

Quick Reply: Turbocharger options/advice???