C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Centrifugal Supercharger Power Band

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 02:58 PM
Smykster
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Centrifugal Supercharger Power Band

I know this is probably a REALLY basic question, but is there any point in the power band that is LOWER than stock if you added a Centri Blower?

I'm trying to wrap my head around it, if the blower is powered by the motor and doesn't boost much below 3k rpm, does that mean the below 3k rpm you'd be making less power/torque than stock considering the added strain of the blower?
Old 05-15-2024, 09:51 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,317 Likes on 1,679 Posts

You are overthinking it.. you are not making less power at below 3 grand . My procharged LT1 with a stock converter revs much faster and builds boost lower than 3 grand, when it builds full boost, it pulls like a freight train all the way to the redline

Dave
Old 05-17-2024, 12:22 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
You are overthinking it.. you are not making less power at below 3 grand . My procharged LT1 with a stock converter revs much faster and builds boost lower than 3 grand, when it builds full boost, it pulls like a freight train all the way to the redline

Dave

^This

Especially if you pulley setup is configured nicely
The following users liked this post:
Dcasole (05-17-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 08:35 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,254 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by Smykster
I know this is probably a REALLY basic question, but is there any point in the power band that is LOWER than stock if you added a Centri Blower?

I'm trying to wrap my head around it, if the blower is powered by the motor and doesn't boost much below 3k rpm, does that mean the below 3k rpm you'd be making less power/torque than stock considering the added strain of the blower?
No it will make more literally everywhere. Now if you did say a cam, headers, and ran the out of the box pulley it probably would make less down low as it's not moving enough air. But that's an oddball scenario.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

The following users liked this post:
Dcasole (05-20-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 01:57 PM
Goat 2 Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 491 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by Smykster

Also, unless you plan on drag racing on a track, you aren't using it on the street. You'll only be doing pulls on the highway or off ramp. As soon as you put your foot into it, your in triple digits. Bragging rights are cool, but other than that, your not redlining it on the street. Ask me how I know..
Old 05-26-2024, 02:51 PM
Random Dan
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat 2 Vette
Also, unless you plan on drag racing on a track, you aren't using it on the street. You'll only be doing pulls on the highway or off ramp. As soon as you put your foot into it, your in triple digits. Bragging rights are cool, but other than that, your not redlining it on the street. Ask me how I know..
Ok I'll bite, how do you know? I seem to find red line in 2nd gear, but by 3rd yeah you're right triple digits LOLz
Old 05-29-2024, 06:35 AM
Lux
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat 2 Vette

Old 06-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Goat 2 Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 491 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by Lux
Correct. Its fun at times, but useless on the streets.

Get notified of new replies

To Centrifugal Supercharger Power Band

Quick Reply: Centrifugal Supercharger Power Band