Notices
C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My idea for the C7 (sketches inside)

 
Old 08-28-2008, 05:20 PM
  #1  
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
 
TheRadioFlyer97's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: Spring Texas
Posts: 8,995
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08
Default My idea for the C7 (sketches inside)

My rendition of what the C7 should look like:







A great deal of influence from the C3,C5 and C6Z generations. The nose and rear sloped Halo roof section however were inspired by the transformers car.



From the C3: Those sharp stingray edges on the fenders that look so wicked.
From the C5: smooth interior, Classic cowl hood, grace full curves especially in the rear bumper
From the C6Z: basic body structure, rear bumper layout, dual projector headlights and front central vent

The new vette would have a few unique features:

- true lambo scissor doors (straight up)
- windows that retract diagonally down in line with the door
- Huge vents in the nose for front brakes
- evenly spaced under hood components for easy modifications
- Electric water pumps and AC pumps (easily relocated from their standard locations near the engine's main serpentine pulley)
TheRadioFlyer97 is offline  
Old 08-31-2008, 10:07 PM
  #2  
Sportsdude
CF Senior Member
 
Sportsdude's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2003
Location: Volusia. Las Vegas FL, NV
Posts: 10,838
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sportsdude is offline  
Old 09-23-2008, 11:54 AM
  #3  
ZO6 Fan
CF Senior Member
 
ZO6 Fan's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2007
Location: Coral Springs Florida
Posts: 585
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

no offense but-
ZO6 Fan is offline  
Old 09-23-2008, 01:35 PM
  #4  
Drag_Knight
CF Senior Member
 
Drag_Knight's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Thousand Oaks California
Posts: 191
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

looks pretty good to me.
Drag_Knight is offline  
Old 09-23-2008, 06:45 PM
  #5  
TheLegacy81
CF Senior Member
 
TheLegacy81's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Way too many lines,curves, bends etc etc. I think what makes a Vette so unique is the fact that it has such a plain/distinct look.
TheLegacy81 is offline  
Old 09-23-2008, 08:58 PM
  #6  
CETA 256
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
CETA 256's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2007
Location: Crossville Tennessee
Posts: 5,685
Thanked 32 Times in 32 Posts
Default

CETA 256 is offline  
Old 09-24-2008, 02:02 AM
  #7  
amosq1
CF Member
 
amosq1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2002
Location: Arroyo Grande CA
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

amosq1 is offline  
Old 09-28-2008, 08:21 PM
  #8  
lnsaneM
CF Senior Member
 
lnsaneM's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2008
Location: Dirty South Texas
Posts: 152
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

nice!!
lnsaneM is offline  
Old 09-29-2008, 02:51 AM
  #9  
jak112460
CF Senior Member
 
jak112460's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2003
Location: az
Posts: 1,019
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer View Post
My rendition of what the C7 should look like:







A great deal of influence from the C3,C5 and C6Z generations. The nose and rear sloped Halo roof section however were inspired by the transformers car.



From the C3: Those sharp stingray edges on the fenders that look so wicked.
From the C5: smooth interior, Classic cowl hood, grace full curves especially in the rear bumper
From the C6Z: basic body structure, rear bumper layout, dual projector headlights and front central vent

The new vette would have a few unique features:

- true lambo scissor doors (straight up)
- windows that retract diagonally down in line with the door
- Huge vents in the nose for front brakes
- evenly spaced under hood components for easy modifications
- Electric water pumps and AC pumps (easily relocated from their standard locations near the engine's main serpentine pulley)

The roof line is way too tall. It looks like a redesigned C6. Personally I hate the Lambo doors because they are Lambo doors. I don't like the look or convenience. I don't know of any company making electric AC compressors. The electric water pump is a good idea.
jak112460 is offline  
Old 09-29-2008, 09:53 AM
  #10  
robvuk
CF Senior Member
 
robvuk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles, Chicago
Posts: 5,726
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jak112460 View Post
I don't know of any company making electric AC compressors. The electric water pump is a good idea.
Not to mention the HUGE alternators that would be required to power them.
robvuk is offline  
Old 09-29-2008, 01:52 PM
  #11  
be good
CF Member
 
be good's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Posts: 67
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

where the hell are the flying cars i was promised when i was 6!
be good is offline  
Old 09-29-2008, 02:47 PM
  #12  
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
 
TheRadioFlyer97's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: Spring Texas
Posts: 8,995
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08
Default

Originally Posted by be good View Post
where the hell are the flying cars i was promised when i was 6!
they don't meet EPA requirements for plutonium emissions
TheRadioFlyer97 is offline  
Old 09-29-2008, 07:08 PM
  #13  
be good
CF Member
 
be good's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Posts: 67
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

bastards! lol
be good is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My idea for the C7 (sketches inside)


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: