Sponsored by:

The Skinny On The C7 Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 06:39 PM
RonnieC6Z
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 230 Posts

Default The Skinny On The C7 Introduction

I just returned form the ALMS race at Laguna Seca and spoke not only to the Chevy folks but also had the opportunity to go into the C6R garage and spoke to a few of the mechanics. What they said is basically the same thing that I have been told by the GM of my dealer when he returned from Detroit a few months ago. IF EVERYTHING GOES ON SCHEDULE, the C7 will hit the showrooms as a 2014 model in either summer or fall of 2013. The car is redesigned inside and out. It will be smaller and lighter than the C6. It will have a front mounted pushrod V8 with direct injection for the 2014 or, if not, the 2015 model. It will offer both a 6 speed tranny along with a true 6 or 7 speed dual clutch paddle shifting tranny, hopefully in the 2014 model. The interior will be completely different and will be on par with Audi quality. The stock C7 will out perform the stock C6 and have better fuel economy. Don't look for any pictures until spring 2013 at the earliest because there will just not be any out there. All of the stuff that has been seen in the magazines and on the web is not even close to what the C7 will look like. But the exterior design is finsihed. Chevy is keeping the wraps on this car bigtime. So keep you pants on and be patient...good things are worth waiting for. Finally, the only big thing for the last C6, the 2013 model, is a 60th anniversary edition . That's it folks!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Jp23rockstar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RonnieC6Z
I just returned form the ALMS race at Laguna Seca and spoke not only to the Chevy folks but also had the opportunity to go into the C6R garage and spoke to a few of the mechanics. What they said is basically the same thing that I have been told by the GM of my dealer when he returned from Detroit a few months ago. IF EVERYTHING GOES ON SCHEDULE, the C7 will hit the showrooms as a 2014 model in either summer or fall of 2013. The car is redesigned inside and out. It will be smaller and lighter than the C6. It will have a front mounted pushrod V8 with direct injection for the 2014 or, if not, the 2015 model. It will offer both a 6 speed tranny along with a true 6 or 7 speed dual clutch paddle shifting tranny, hopefully in the 2014 model. The interior will be completely different and will be on par with Audi quality. The stock C7 will out perform the stock C6 and have better fuel economy. Don't look for any pictures until spring 2013 at the earliest because there will just not be any out there. All of the stuff that has been seen in the magazines and on the web is not even close to what the C7 will look like. But the exterior design is finsihed. Chevy is keeping the wraps on this car bigtime. So keep you pants on and be patient...good things are worth waiting for. Finally, the only big thing for the last C6, the 2013 model, is a 60th anniversary edition . That's it folks!
I hope the interior has the fit and finish of Audi quality for the interior, and I heard from the recent popular mechanics that the c7 will have square tail lights compared to the circles. Anything on bhp range?
Old 09-20-2011, 09:49 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by RonnieC6Z
what do you mean by "chevy folks"? do you mean the people at their car display booth open to the public? if so, all these people are hired "personalities" and likely know nothing more than the brochure.

second, i dont think the mechanics will know anything other than the ins and outs of the 5.5L.

third, the GM at your dealer doesn't know squat. he's trying to sell you a car.

nevertheless, everything you said is right on track of whats been said and may likely be correct....hopefully!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:17 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Great info!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:34 PM
ohmy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

uummm...thanx, but I doubt the "Chevy folks" you spoke with know anything factual, unless their credentials are better than I'm skeptically assuming...
Old 09-26-2011, 09:41 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Thanks for the interesting speculation and I look forward to the C7!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:45 AM
niteriderc5
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohmy
uummm...thanx, but I doubt the "Chevy folks" you spoke with know anything factual, unless their credentials are better than I'm skeptically assuming...
It's not like anythng he reported seems far fetched. Besides most of what he said is what we've already heard from credible sources...unless you know something we don't. Otherwise the sarcasm really wasn't needed.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:35 AM
HarryWild
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

There should be some camouflage test Corvette soon. Chevrolet needs to develop the C7 about now since this is Fall 2011 and new Corvette is out Fall 2013 ->2014 model year!

I have high hopes for the C7 to be competitive with their competition in both quality of materials, workmanship, power, handling and looks !
Old 09-27-2011, 02:18 AM
Lifted07Sierra
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its always the same threads, nothing new
Old 09-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for sharing
Old 09-28-2011, 09:38 AM
ohmy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by niteriderc5
It's not like anythng he reported seems far fetched. Besides most of what he said is what we've already heard from credible sources...unless you know something we don't. Otherwise the sarcasm really wasn't needed.
rumors without substance are worse than sarcasm... and there are no credible sources that divulged any real info, all is speculation from sources that pretend to know something...
Old 09-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohmy
rumors without substance are worse than sarcasm... and there are no credible sources that divulged any real info, all is speculation from sources that pretend to know something...
So I shouldn't post up intel I got from my local Chevrolet dealership that the New C7 will have 4 wheels? Damn...

Get notified of new replies

To The Skinny On The C7 Introduction

Quick Reply: The Skinny On The C7 Introduction