Sponsored by:

Transformer's c7

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Foxer55
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Transformer's c7

Don't know if I missed this but have any of you seen the 2nd Transformers movie? That would be Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009). There is a Transformer Corvette featured frequently in the movie. Is it a hint? Pics below.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:02 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

most indications are that its just a concept car for the Transformers movie and not the C7.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is like 20 threads on this... Search does wonders.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:26 PM
CHOPPER1
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Garrett SNA
He is just asking a question reference to the movie or asking opinions do people think this might be a hint of what's to come?. Not how many threads there are about the new design. Constructive input is a good thing
Old 10-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CHOPPER1
He is just asking a question reference to the movie or asking opinions do people think this might be a hint of what's to come?. Not how many threads there are about the new design. Constructive input is a good thing
Hahaha. Hey Chopper. I posted this exact thread when the movie came out, literally identical minus the pictures, and there were actually a few of them. Anyone who has viewed the C7 section or has used the search function knows what the deal is with the C7 stingray concept used in the movie. It has been brought up hundreds of times now. Regardless, people usually don't respond to repetitive threads so I was helping the OP out by telling him where to find answers to his question; by using the search function considering this thread has been discussed.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Foxer55
Drifting

Yes, I've seen all the C7 threads but I haven't seen a "Transformers" thread. But that movie came out 3 years ago, a year before I bought my C6 and I never caught the C7 in there until I saw the movie again last night on TV. Of course, these Transormer movies are so good and there's so much going on in them its distracting.

Nevertheless, I wonder why they would put that particular concept car in the movie without it having some likeness of things to come. I think its curious especially since this is the one concept that keeps popping up everywhere. Its radical. I like the front end but not too pleased with the rear. It needs a boat tail. Can't say I like the outside rear view mirrors either.

Last edited by Foxer55; 10-06-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Process Black
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Foxer55
Nevertheless, I wonder why they would put that particular concept car in the movie without it having some likeness of things to come. I think its curious especially since this is the one concept that keeps popping up everywhere. Its radical. I like the front end but not too pleased with the rear. It needs a boat tail. Can't say I like the outside rear view mirrors either.
Basically, Michael Bay walked into the GM design studio and said "I want that one." He has a history of doing this. See 'The Island' and Bay's use of the Cadillac Cien concept. He chose that the same way.

This car was designed even before the Camaro concept was. It's actually what helped to inspire the Camaro's design. The Stingray concept was not designed and built for the movie (though the clones used in the filming were), it was created as an exercise in design; exploring a possible future for Corvette and GM.

It's a very polarizing design, but I effin' love this car.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Foxer55
Drifting

Process Back,

It's a very polarizing design, but I effin' love this car.
Thanks!

Nice. I like the motorized hood but not the doors. Like I said, I'm not big on the rear but love the front. Mirrors need some work too but hearing a rumor that rear video might be included could overcome that.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:32 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Hahaha. Hey Chopper. I posted this exact thread when the movie came out, literally identical minus the pictures, and there were actually a few of them. Anyone who has viewed the C7 section or has used the search function knows what the deal is with the C7 stingray concept used in the movie. It has been brought up hundreds of times now. Regardless, people usually don't respond to repetitive threads so I was helping the OP out by telling him where to find answers to his question; by using the search function considering this thread has been discussed.
Well stated amigo. Folks on here don't get it.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jackhall99
Old 10-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Edgeofnight
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhall99
Is there really a problem with starting a DISCUSSION on a DISCUSSION FORUM thats already been? If someone doesnt want to participate there is no rule stating they have to, and if someone wants to they can.
Personally, I never realized this car was in Transformers 2. So a RECENT discussion is cool.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:36 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

a friend sent me this from the Texas state fair yesterday

Old 10-10-2011, 04:27 PM
VetteUnion
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahaha. Hey Chopper. I posted this exact thread when the movie came out, literally identical minus the pictures, and there were actually a few of them. Anyone who has viewed the C7 section or aftermarket parts used the search function knows what the deal is with the C7 stingray concept used in the movie. It has been brought up hundreds of times now. Regardless, people usually don't respond to repetitive threads so I was helping the OP out by telling him where to find answers to his question; by using the search function considering this thread has been discussed.
Yeah, but some people just don't think that this has been posted. It's just a mistake, lol. Give the guy a break.

Get notified of new replies

To Transformer's c7

Quick Reply: Transformer's c7