Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 08:34 PM
I Bin Therbefor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default About interiors

http://www.autospies.com/news/HOTTES...ave-Her-67270/

http://www.autospies.com/news/First-...nterior-67271/

Autospies thinks that is what interior design is all about. Any of you buy into this?
Old 10-15-2011, 06:58 AM
BMWDAD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently own a 2008 335i coupe/sports/ssk6mt. Sports option is the only way to get the great seats and handling.

This new 3 (bigger/88 lbs lighter, more luxury etc) does not appeal to me.

I will be switching to a 2014 BMW M2 Coupe, Redesigned Cayman/Boxster, or C7.

BMW is turning in Lexus.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:22 AM
BobRBob
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by I Bin Therbefor
http://www.autospies.com/news/HOTTES...ave-Her-67270/

http://www.autospies.com/news/First-...nterior-67271/

Autospies thinks that is what interior design is all about. Any of you buy into this?
This just ups the ante in the segment. The previous 3 had a more utility grade interior. This new look increases the luxury feel while improving the ergonomics at the same time. The whole car plays very much off the F10 5 Series introduced last year. I love the seats. This car will be a huge seller very quickly.

Full disclosure - I own a 5 Series so I'm a bit biased toward BMW.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:21 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

I don't like the chunky look of the center stack. And the upholstery on that seat is hideous.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:16 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

Another 335i BMW owner, and find the BMW interior far superior to any GM product out their including the Caddy. I have driven over 120K miles with little to no seat wear. My 2002 Vert has only 29K miles and already wear on the side of the drivers seat, I have replaced some of the Plastic pieces because they broke, and fear on day the stupid glove box will break because its so difficult to open.

GM must build better interiors to compete on the world market. The 2005 MINI COOPER that I use to own had a better designed and durable interior then my 2002 Corvette.

If its the same crap from GM on the C7, I am going to buy a new BMW or other car that I feel I will not waste my money on.

Last edited by 1KULC7; 10-16-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:47 PM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by EBVette
Another 335i BMW owner, and find the BMW interior far superior to any GM product out their including the Caddy. I have driven over 120K miles with little to no seat wear. My 2002 Vert has only 29K miles and already wear on the side of the drivers seat, I have replaced some of the Plastic pieces because they broke, and fear on day the stupid glove box will break because its so difficult to open.

GM must build better interiors to compete on the world market. The 2005 MINI COOPER that I use to own had a better designed and durable interior then my 2002 Corvette.

If its the same crap from GM on the C7, I am going to buy a new BMW or other car that I feel I will not waste my money on.
I am glad you are not experiencing this.... Another perspective is a good friend of mine is a BMW master tech, been so for 10 years. He claims the most recent BMW's have parts of the interior that are biodegradable & they get cars that have interior parts literally falling apart that are 4 years old & they try to glue it back together but it will not work because both pieces are literally falling apart. As you can imagine, folks that pay top dollar for a car are not happy being told their car is in the process of biodegrading while they are still making payments on it.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:21 AM
BobRBob
Racer

Originally Posted by zland
I am glad you are not experiencing this.... Another perspective is a good friend of mine is a BMW master tech, been so for 10 years. He claims the most recent BMW's have parts of the interior that are biodegradable & they get cars that have interior parts literally falling apart that are 4 years old & they try to glue it back together but it will not work because both pieces are literally falling apart. As you can imagine, folks that pay top dollar for a car are not happy being told their car is in the process of biodegrading while they are still making payments on it.
LOL. Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see but I've never seen any signs of that in my BMWs. The new 5 Series has a gorgeous interior and the materials are top notch. GM should take a hard look at it and other cars of the same ilk.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:47 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not a fan. The screen looks like an after thought and those air vents look like they're straight out of an 80's Honda. Honestly, most of that interior center stack looks unorganized and a total after thought.

I'm not exactly sure the Germans will ever be able to design an interior I like.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:53 AM
BobRBob
Racer

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Not a fan. The screen looks like an after thought and those air vents look like they're straight out of an 80's Honda. Honestly, most of that interior center stack looks unorganized and a total after thought.

I'm not exactly sure the Germans will ever be able to design an interior I like.
This is the challenge all the car makers face when making design decisions. Everyone has different tastes. The trick is to slowly bring the majority around. It's tough but that's the beauty of a competitive market.

Get notified of new replies

To About interiors

Quick Reply: About interiors