They might as well release the photos. Not going to hurt a C6 anyway. Economy
is still in the toilet, so not going to sell that many more anyway. Beside some
won't like the redo and buy a C6 anyway. People that want one are going to wait
anyway.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
saleentim
Burning Brakes

Received 243 Likes on 119 Posts

My opinion is people are reading too much into gm's comment.

No matter how they turned down the photos people would criticize them
Old 11-14-2011, 04:58 PM
foothills
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z edge

I really hope this isnt what the C7 looks like. God Forbid....im not the grumpy "old guy" either....this thing sucks though.

I would rather see GM just release the Transformers car than this ugly design. Even though its only a drawing...

Or maybe GM has lost their mind and this is the real thing. I hope not....
Quite hideous
Old 11-14-2011, 05:12 PM
ANTIVNOM
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

I certainly hope it looks like that, because I LIKE that. A lot.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:12 PM
BobRBob
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Well, I sure hope it isn't the real deal because the more I look at it the worse it gets. The rear end is part of the problem but it's not just that.

As for GM's response, who knows? People getting fired? Well, I'm sure that happens every day at such a large company. I'm betting this thing is not even close.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:15 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by BobRBob
Well, I sure hope it isn't the real deal because the more I look at it the worse it gets. The rear end is part of the problem but it's not just that.

As for GM's response, who knows? People getting fired? Well, I'm sure that happens every day at such a large company. I'm betting this thing is not even close.
if someone actually is responsible for designing that *** wart they should be unemployed or working on the new GTR outhouse on wheels instead.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:29 PM
I Bin Therbefor
Drifting

Default Standard reply

"I can neither confim nor deny that the drawings do or not resemble or not resemble the C7 Corvette which may or may not be introduced in the future."

You only go to this kind of response when you don't want any more conversation!

IMO; right in theme, wrong in some of the design details that are so important to some of our forum members.

Maybe, hasn't spent enough time in the windtunnel?

Old 11-14-2011, 06:34 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Not even close...

That I can promise you

Peace
Chip

Old 11-14-2011, 06:42 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Willfulone
Not even close...

That I can promise you

Peace
Chip

Some details or maybe a picture on a napkin lol? I don't believe this is the next C7 either. I can go online and post pics or say I got an email from my uncles's brother cousin's sick friend who said that's the next c8. Untill GM actually says something official it's just another wanna be pic and more rumors.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:24 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

Until GM releases photos and info, I won't believe anything. Period.

Keep in mind that this story is causing a lot of internet traffic over at Jalopnik. I don't mean to point fingers, but any website could do the same thing if they wanted a few more viewers...
Old 11-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

"Someone is getting fired over that." This may not be a statement of fact. This may merely be a witty comment -- a prediction or expectation used as an expression of the speaker's possibly-uninformed reaction to a revelation. Like... "Janet Jackson was naked on broadcast television? Someone is getting fired over that."
Old 11-14-2011, 09:01 PM
hihoSilver
Racer

Look, GM knows that the normal vette lover/owner will hate it. If you make people think that this is whats coming, then this will spike c6 and GS sells. GM is hoping everyone thats waiting on the c7 will go ahead and buy the c6 instead. Then, when the c7 comes out, it will be so freaking sweet you are gonna want to trade in that new c6 you just bought.

I kind of like the way the rear window angles down. The rear is horrible. THe front is c6 but too busy. Just too much going on with this car. THe rear screams pontiac. ANyway...who knows
Old 11-14-2011, 09:14 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

There is going to be SOOOO much misinformation from now until the actual design is shown, that it will be hard to sift through fact and fiction. I will stick with this, I don't feel those drawing represent the new C7, because of the way it was presented.

I will wait and hear and see more before I accept any design that is being "released".

However, I will STILL stick to this, what I have been saying for the past three years, sometimes the best security is making something so obvious that people disregard it.

I think the Corvette Proto "Sidewinder" has MANY major design cues, and when you take away the "outlandish" and imagine the design more convensional, I think you will have a good idea of the C7.

These photos show a Corvette that is way too boxy with very sharp lines, and would be difficult to make a convertible style while maintaining the same appearance. Also, the rear lights do not go with Corvette at all, point upward, the are too square, and resemble the Camaro too much. The front, too much like the C6, I would expect GM to change the front angles much more, even making them a little longer. Vents behing the wheel wells, in scale to the car, way too big, for no purpose, vent in from of rear wheel, too low to the road for any real purpose. This is a make believe Corvette.

So like I have been saying,,,look what GM has already produced to get a good feel for the future.

Last edited by 1KULC7; 11-14-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:19 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

This floated around in 2007... still my favorite...

Old 11-14-2011, 09:27 PM
davidwp97
Drifting

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts

From GM Authority website:

Even though it’s only Monday, the renderings of the 2014 Corvette C7 ZR1 released today by Jalopnik seem to be the topic of the week, as message boards, comment sections, and Facebook pages have been set ablaze by initial reactions to the new design language of the treasured sports car. In light of this event, we thought it would be a good idea to sort through all of our gathered intel on the vehicle, and report to you on what else you can expect from the next generation Corvette.

Design
Jalopnik is seemingly swearing on their respected reputation that the illustrations they released earlier today of the C7 ZR1 Corvette are completely accurate. Going off that, the heir to the C6 looks to be incredibly evolutionary, while sticking to the traditional front engine layout the Corvette has followed since the name has been around. The car looks more pissed off and unapologetic than ever before, but perhaps to a fault.

Despite the mixed response from enthusiasts opining on the images, the C7 will without a doubt turn more heads at any given moment than the C6 ever could wish to. And with the car’s brash looks, we can only hope that the vents and extractors are completely functional, rather than just for show this time around.

Engine
Some websites have reported that the base Corvette C7 will continue to cradle a 6.2-liter V8 engine just as today’s model is currently doing, but we will insist against it, as sources have repeatedly told us that GM’s all-new 5.5-liter small block V8 will be the ‘Vette’s go-to engine going forward. In fact, it is expected that the C7 will debut the new engine to the market — that is if the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado doesn’t beat it to dealerships first. Hopefully the new engine has four valves per cylinder.

Look for a pair of turbochargers to increase the power rating of the 5.5-liter for higher output models like the impending ZR1. As for a rumored smaller displacement twin-turbo V8 capable of revving to the moon and back, we have nothing new to report. Additionally, we are also not ruling out the possibility of a twin-turboed V6, either. Look for an eight-speed automatic and a seven-speed manual as possible transmission choices.

Interior
The cabin of the current-generation Corvette has been the butt-end of jokes for too long, especially compared to offerings from the likes of Porsche, let alone when even comparing it to its own kin like the Chevy Cruze. And GM knows it. So with the C7, the company plans on holding nothing back, and will showcase the latest in infotainment technology inside the car. Expect a touch-sensitive center console, and a configurable LCD display instrument panel. Sure, it’s not exactly analog, but we see it as a step in the right direction.

Check back to GM Authority daily for the latest on the C7 Corvette, along with loads of other news surrounding General Motors.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Newton06
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 166 Posts

You have to love that no matter what, some tool manages to throw-in a GT-R slight.

Some things never change...
Old 11-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Senna1994
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z edge
Huh? I get Eurpoean and Ferrari, but not Japan and Nissan (Asia).

This design sucks. It's a boil on the *** of automotive history. And im just basing my opinion on these renderings. I would reserve final judgement until seeing actual photos / the real thing in person.
I'm 100% with you brother.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette responds to new Jalopnik renderings

Old 11-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Senna1994
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Not even close...

That I can promise you

Peace
Chip
I honestly hope so, or else I guess I have to wait for the C8, but if this the direction GM design is going, they have more problems than the Corvette.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:13 AM
foothills
Advanced

Originally Posted by travisnd
This floated around in 2007... still my favorite...

THAT's more like it! GM: Build this, and I will buy it! (I'm 43) BTW I don't understand the whole, "only old guys like the design" bit. I've loved all the Corvette designs C2 and up since I was 18.

Last edited by foothills; 11-15-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:38 AM
OJCrush08
Burning Brakes

Not even close...

That I can promise you

Peace
Chip
Your comment sounds like it may come from someone who may know better. Hope that is true because Halloween is over and it is too early for April Fools Day.

Quick Reply: Corvette responds to new Jalopnik renderings