C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Jalopnik renderings?
I LOVE IT!
24.21%
I HATE IT!
40.88%
I DON'T KNOW..
34.91%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

what do you think of the Jalopnik renderings?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Nickcd55
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Supervettes LLC

I'll be happy as a pig in chit if this is what the C7 actually looks like. Our new concept makes this look like a 1975 station wagon.
Originally Posted by z edge
i actually agree with you
Concur
Old 12-08-2011, 11:58 AM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLog
GM invested in design, development and promotion of Sideswipe in movies and car shows. It only makes sense to go with it, same as what they did with Bumblebee.
I like some of it. I think the front nose, headlights, and the tail light area of the rear need fixing to make it a keeper. The lines on the convertible look pretty bad though without the roof.

Last edited by rickneworleansla; 12-08-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:40 PM
OJCrush08
Burning Brakes

Default Checking In

Well, it's been a while since I looked at this thread and longer since I posted on it. No changes in my own opinion that the renderings are totally unsatisfactory and hopefully bogus. I note with interest that the polls continue to run steady that about 75% of people either hate it or are neutral (uninspired) by the rendering.

I probably associate most with what Endeka has been posting. Right now, I am in the "wait and see" mode about whether or not I will ever buy a 9th Vette. Really enjoying my recently acquired new '10 3LZ Z06 at this point. The interior is really pretty decent once you get by the seats and steering wheel. Did a $237 upgrade to a '12 Centennial alcantra type SW, and solved that problem. If I keep the car for at least two years, I will get much better seats (which are not the seats in the 12's)

I am not inclined to go much past the fairly modest mods I have already done until I see the real C7. My minor power tweeks produced a dyno proven 474 rwhp, and the car was weighed at a race shop at 3157 lbs, so this is a road burner and still under complete warranty.

I hope for the marque, that Chevrolet does NOT produce this rendering, nor does it fail to introduce at least similar performance in a style that 75% not 25% of people are excited about. Improvements to the interior at affordable prices is also key. I suspect the new cars will be considerably more expensive than their respective C6 counterparts, but I hope I am wrong. Prices are really creeping up on these cars. Looking at the window stickers at an identically optioned '08 Z to a '10 Z, there was a $3,000 price creep in two years. There were some small improvements, but nothing warranting this type of increase. I don't see GM selling a lot of $100k Z06s or $150k ZR1 C7s.

BTW, my CRM Z gets more than its share of notice and approval - so, C6 still draws lots of attention.

Let's hope they don't screw the pooch on this one...
Old 12-08-2011, 10:16 PM
CannedBullets
Advanced

I think the concept looks okay but the head lights don't look aggressive, the rear end looks like the bow of a boat, and the split window will decrease rear viability.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

I suspect the new cars will be considerably more expensive than their respective C6 counterparts, but I hope I am wrong. Prices are really creeping up on these cars. Looking at the window stickers at an identically optioned '08 Z to a '10 Z, there was a $3,000 price creep in two years. There were some small improvements, but nothing warranting this type of increase. I don't see GM selling a lot of $100k Z06s or $150k ZR1 C7s.
I recall reading somewhere (believe CNBC) that after the bankcrupcty/cash for clunkers period GM was sticking with margins and was going to wind down incentives. I think the 3000 price creep is both the above and inflation.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:55 AM
JDMUSCLE
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts

I like it.. If they make this I'm sure I'll be in one!! Getting rid of the Halo and adding a rear quarter glass brings the sophistication this car needs!!

GM.. Please bring this out.. You will get more people cross shopping this with the usual European culprits!!
Old 12-09-2011, 01:08 PM
dboz
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It appeals to Batman fans for sure. Paint it black and add a yellow bat symbol on the door and you have your own personal bat mobile.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:15 PM
JDMUSCLE
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts

^^ I think you are talking about the pics in this page!! Check the first page for the renderings this thread is talking about!!
Old 12-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Bradl1982
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

I like it. I'm sure it will look amazing in person and not exactly like that rendering.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:38 AM
z28punk
Advanced

im not a fan. the GTR and 599 styling is what I dont like.

I do know the corvette team is always trying to throw the public off of what the final design will look like tho. I have faith they will succeed in making a good looking product. I would really like to see them keep the traditional 4 tail lights tho.

Quick Reply: what do you think of the Jalopnik renderings?