Sponsored by:

well i got confirmation today from rick hendrick

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 06:23 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks
I'm pretty sure of one thing, and that is, "It will be better than C4, C5 and C6". That's all it matters to me.
I say this because that's how it's been from C4 on!

And for the money, reliability, easy to fix, you can't get anything else in the market. Go drive a Ferrari or Porsche and beat it like you do with your Vette, and you'll be in the shop every time.
on both counts.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blowndave
my shop buys a lot of wholesale goodies from rick hendrick chevrolet in duluth, ga and i know the general sales manager. i stopped in to pick up some parts and he stopped me to notify me that the gm reps just stopped by with actual pictures of the new C7. He was not allowed to keep them (obviously) but he said the production version is almost an exact match to what jalopnik posted on the renderings. he compared the front end to a lamborghini. there are a few differences on the actual car versus the renderings. it looks like i might be trading up real soon!!! figured you guys might want to know! they did not specify powertrain options btw...
Hmm... I'll bite. Surely you must have asked. Round, trapezoidal, or Camaroesque taillights?
Old 02-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Brunotheboxer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide

I can't stand that type of argument. Some people always try to inflict guilt on others. It probably reflects their own twisted inner thoughts.

I want a C7 at any cost (almost); but certainly not at any looks. Anyone sees a problem with that?
Guilt?? What are you talking about.

I don't blame you personally if don't like the c7's looks and don't buy one. That's subjective anyway. But don't you find it funny that there are quite a few threads on this board already bashing a car that technically does not exist yet??
Old 02-11-2012, 06:27 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Endeka
Devolution in action. First time I've ever seen a halo car get more hideous with the next iteration.
More hideous?
That would almost imply that the current Corvette is 'just hideous' and that this next iteration is "even more hideous than the current one"?
But that can't be what you'd actually meant to imply/say.

Originally Posted by Jinx
1987 Mustang. 1999 Porsche 911. 2003 Viper. 2004 Corvette. 2004 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti. 2010 Mercedes CLS. Lots of people thought these looked worse than their predecessors.

Sorry you don't like the Jalopnik illustrations. It's far from the first time anyone has thought a halo car was messed up. And to be fair, you haven't really seen C7 yet.
Very true.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer
Guilt?? What are you talking about.

I don't blame you personally if don't like the c7's looks and don't buy one. That's subjective anyway. But don't you find it funny that there are quite a few threads on this board already bashing a car that technically does not exist yet??
I agree it would be supremely ironic if we had no idea what it will look like. But it turns out that we are virtually certain it will look like the Jalopnik rendering. At any rate, it's what we use as a basis for our praise, rants, etc. Heck, we have to use something, otherwise we might as well discuss extraterrestrial gastronomy or what have you on this forum.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:13 PM
CMCvette
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the post! Can't wait for more to trickle out.... and really can't wait for a glimpse of real C7 photos!!! I'm sure it'll be awesome - they've never really messed it up, if you ask me. Different strokes, ya know--- but the Corvette marches on!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:48 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Well, if the above information is actually true (and we have little reason to believe that it isn't) then we will have to get used to/accept the idea that the Jalopnik renderings are in fact very close to the C7 that we will be buying (not that that's necessarily a bad thing).
These 'further modified' renderings were posted in another thread and I have to admit, I do not hate this look at all.

Along with a 475hp Direct Injected 6.2L and 7 speed sequential manuamatic paddle shifted transmission in a 3100 pound (or less) $52k (or less ) package I could easily bring myself to drive this thing all day long.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Because you used the word engineering and you already dislike the c7 even before you've seen the car in person. I wonder why???????
Because I used the word engineering? Your reading comprehension sucks. Let's try again.

According to you, most owners of the current model hate and criticize the new and upcoming model. Their only reason for doing this? Jealousy.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, people exist who own an older version of a car and like it better than newer versions. Some of them don't like the way the new car looks. Some of them don't like the image the new car projects. Some of them don't like the shift to different technology. For example, some BMW owners don't like the recent shift to smaller-displacement turbocharged engines. Many BMW owners wanted to string Chris Bangle up from the nearest lamppost. The new cars might objectively perform better, but they don't spark the passions of those owners. That has NOTHING to do with jealousy, and you were rude to blithely dismiss all less-than-glowing comments as such.

.Jinx
Old 02-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Brunotheboxer
Instructor

I think the car looks fantastic.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Brunotheboxer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jinx
Because I used the word engineering? Your reading comprehension sucks. Let's try again.

According to you, most owners of the current model hate and criticize the new and upcoming model. Their only reason for doing this? Jealousy.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, people exist who own an older version of a car and like it better than newer versions. Some of them don't like the way the new car looks. Some of them don't like the image the new car projects. Some of them don't like the shift to different technology. For example, some BMW owners don't like the recent shift to smaller-displacement turbocharged engines. Many BMW owners wanted to string Chris Bangle up from the nearest lamppost. The new cars might objectively perform better, but they don't spark the passions of those owners. That has NOTHING to do with jealousy, and you were rude to blithely dismiss all less-than-glowing comments as such.

.Jinx
What ever you say boss. Don't buy the c7 then. I could give a ****.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:05 AM
HarryWild
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

A strong competitor is the 2012 Porsche 911 for the C7! It been refined and is quite an upgrade in every way! It looks like a Porsche GT model with the rear wheels wells bulges and other refinements.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:17 AM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

It's always the same story on every car forum/board.

Most owners of the current model in this case the c6 will hate and criticize the new and upcoming model. Why?

Because they are jealous and want to make themselves feel better about the money they spent.
Really? I don't own a C6 but if thats it I will a 2012.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:34 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by HarryWild
A strong competitor is the 2012 Porsche 911 for the C7!
Perhaps...if one can consider an $82k 350hp car (or $96k if you want 400hp) as 'true' competition for a 430+hp (probably closer to 440+hp?) one that will likely MSRP for under $55k that is.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:04 AM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Do they really need to copy the Camaro tailights?
they are to similar, im hoping that changes.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:19 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

If you want to see and maybe touch the C7 side view mirrors come to the geneva autoshow in March...:-)

Pictures on the other thread
Old 02-12-2012, 09:57 AM
jazzlove
Melting Slicks

Location: San Antonio Texas - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting news. Wonder when/if the General will confirm? Was expecting something more revolutionary, but got to thinking about the evolution of the 911 over the past 40 years. They basically have a design that works, looks, performance, bla, bla, evolved slowly. The new Carrera Sport is hot.

On the other hand, the C6 rocked the sports car world with it's arrival, awesome start for a great car. Maybe GM's starting to simply "refine" the product, maybe? I'm on my fifth vette, 05 C6 Z51, NCM delivery, luv it!! I've been anxiously awaiting the C7 with all intentions of taking NCM delivery again.

My wife has an 08 Carrera 4S. Sure is interesting to drive each on the twistys in Hill Country (real near us). Performance including handling basically the same, both have manual trannys, road feel much better in the Carrera. That's just my observation. Now I love both!

What to do, what to do.......
Old 02-12-2012, 10:32 AM
CPhelps
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

When I first saw the C6 in pictures I didn't care for it, then I saw it in person for the first time and was sold. I still love the looks of my C5, but if I could comfortably afford a new C6, I would love to. I'm not sure that I like the Jalopnik rendering, but I'm hoping when I see it in person it will win me over. I'm confident it will have awesome performance.

Get notified of new replies

To well i got confirmation today from rick hendrick

Old 02-12-2012, 10:37 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

My only somewhat dislike of the C6 is with the headlights. If the new headlights look more purposely designed then I will like it. As far as the Jalopnik pics, the vehicle looks as though it is doing 180mph while standing still. I predict the looks of the new C7 will adopt a following much quicker than the C6 did.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:48 AM
RockIT9
Racer

Originally Posted by LS1LT1

after seeing those rendering, i'm kinda starting in some degree liking it, except those squarely taillights and the square rear bumper, i'm really trying to like it but cannot pass through the square a$$ and the ugly wing, GM better put some world class interior to compensate the some what ugliness of the exterior
Old 02-12-2012, 11:50 AM
RockIT9
Racer

and whats with the ford expedition sideview mirrors ??

Quick Reply: well i got confirmation today from rick hendrick