Sponsored by:

Latest photos are up... Can see the seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch Z
For sure -- those things are bench seats with a console in the middle.

I would like them all to sit in a '93's cloth STANDARD (!!!!) buckets before making up their minds:

I think a lot of folks would like them, and I believe that's the level of support AND comfort the C7 sport seats should provide. Not racing seats, but to me way better than the "least common denominator" current product. Oh, and those things had 100K miles on them when that picture was taken. I subsequently switched the backrests and I am sure there was another 100K of wear remaining, which I hope the current owner is working on. I don't know what people have against cloth -- it is more comfortable, grips better, and, at least these did, wears like iron. I guess it is the looks and smell...
Too many people complained about getting in and out, thus, these seats were eliminated which is a real shame, best seats GM ever offered in a vette.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Anyone still taking pictures of those camo cars ?
Old 09-20-2012, 12:44 PM
c4gone
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 114 Posts

Drive a cavalier for a year and the current seats will be awesome.sounds like spoiled people.give a mouse a cookie...if they give u the seats u want then in a year u will want better.appreciate what is there and know that it could be worse.u could be driving an hhr
Old 09-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,318 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by petermj
Too many people complained about getting in and out, thus, these seats were eliminated which is a real shame, best seats GM ever offered in a vette.

Had they really paid attention, they'd have realized that the seats were NOT the problem in getting in and out of the C4 -- it was the high and wide frame rails and the knee-killing dashboard.

I see it all the time in business. 2 people complain about some aspect of a product, and to make them happy 50 satisfied but silent customers are not considered. It is actually a well documented "decision trap" that I am constantly pointing out to my clients.

And we wonder why some companies are always on the brink of disaster...
Old 09-20-2012, 12:55 PM
RJ-92
Race Director

Received 328 Likes on 157 Posts

Most of that was probably due to the high doorsils rather than the seats anyway. Which is a shame, because they are good seats.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:58 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

The current seats are a major improvement over milk crates as well
In 1960, my best friend had a 1958 Corvette. The rage back then was custom roll and pleated interiors. While local shops could do your interior, they were very expensive, so a local guy rented a U-Haul trailer and loaded up everyone's interior parts that wanted the new look and headed from Little Rock, AR to Tijuana. My best friend sent his seats, door panels and kick panels to be done in white roll and pleat. The 58 was his(and his mom's) only means of transportation other then a shop pickup for their sign business. He used a wooden coke crate(when Cokes were in glass bottles), turned over, as a seat in the 58. About a month later he got his interior back and installed. Looked great. About six months later, the seats looked terrible, as the rolls had flattened and had lots of creases in the vinyl. He took the seats to a local shop to have new foam put in the rolls and they discovered that the mexicans didn't use foam but used rolled up newspaper to form the rolls.

Anyway, just a real life example of a Corvette with a coke case seat.

Last edited by JoesC5; 09-20-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:59 PM
c4gone
Drifting

In my 95 i love the seats.they hug.i have driven long road trips to Oklahoma from south Texas and the seats are great.when people get in my 95 they compliment how comfortable and how the seats hug.the complaint was the rail.but i think the c4 seats hug better than my 99
Old 09-20-2012, 01:17 PM
c4gone
Drifting

Drive a cavalier for a year and the current seats will be awesome.sounds like spoiled people.give a mouse a cookie...if they give u the seats u want then in a year u will want better.appreciate what is there and know that it could be worse.u could be driving an hhr
Old 09-20-2012, 01:28 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
if GM offered me a multi-million dollar contract, I'd try to figure it out quickly...
It would be scary to think that is the case. Honestly, a small company tooling up for a big project would certainly make me think the QC will drop. I know from personal experience, this does happen often.

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
A couple of months back I had heard (and previously posted) from a contact in the Tech Center that the C7 would not have the Cadillac CUE system, as "the Corvette is off of the design cycle for other GM products". While I'm not sure exactly what that means, I am confident that my source knows what they are talking about. We shall see......

Right, but an article about someone asking the engineers questions revealed (after none of the engineers would talk) that one of their wives opened her mouth about a new cluster that will make the previous one look like it's from the stone age.

While the Corvette may not be getting CUE, I would bet that it's going to have an LCD screen and an adjustable cluster interface.

Originally Posted by Torch Z
For sure -- those things are bench seats with a console in the middle.

I would like them all to sit in a '93's cloth STANDARD (!!!!) buckets before making up their minds:

I think a lot of folks would like them, and I believe that's the level of support AND comfort the C7 sport seats should provide. Not racing seats, but to me way better than the "least common denominator" current product. Oh, and those things had 100K miles on them when that picture was taken. I subsequently switched the backrests and I am sure there was another 100K of wear remaining, which I hope the current owner is working on. I don't know what people have against cloth -- it is more comfortable, grips better, and, at least these did, wears like iron. I guess it is the looks and smell...
Yeah, my dad's C4 had really comfortable seats. While it was a serious pain to get in and out of that car, once it the seats were comfortable enough that I didn't care about getting in and out.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:42 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,187 Posts

I agree, the seats in my '92 were great; better, in fact than the ones in my '06 - which aren't bad............... but then again, I don't track the car.

My '67? Like the prior post said, only a little better than bench seats.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:45 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by c4gone
Actually, the HHR SS had some GREAT sport seats. A friend had one, and it was amazing - 260 hp, 260 tq, launch control, and great seats. If Gm could do it there..................
Old 09-20-2012, 01:49 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Right, but an article about someone asking the engineers questions revealed (after none of the engineers would talk) that one of their wives opened her mouth about a new cluster that will make the previous one look like it's from the stone age.

While the Corvette may not be getting CUE, I would bet that it's going to have an LCD screen and an adjustable cluster interface.
I agree it's certainly likely. Heck, the '13 base model Volt I just picked up on a 2 year lease has a large touch screen adjustable interface in the center stack, and it works great! If they can do it in the Volt.........

Old 09-20-2012, 01:58 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
I agree it's certainly likely. Heck, the '13 base model Volt I just picked up on a 2 year lease has a large touch screen adjustable interface in the center stack, and it works great! If they can do it in the Volt.........

I sure hope so. My biggest thing about buying the C7 is the new interior over everything else. I really want to feel like I just bought a brand spanking new car. I want to feel like I just got all the technology of a car made today. No crappy navigation like the C6 got and a gauge cluster that I could only dream of.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:02 PM
c4gone
Drifting

With a microwave and fridge so i never have to leave.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:05 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by c4gone
With a microwave and fridge so i never have to leave.
Are you expecting built in port a potty seats.............
Old 09-20-2012, 02:06 PM
c4gone
Drifting

Yeah and wheels that fold in so when i hit the flux capacitor i won't.need a road.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:11 PM
c4gone
Drifting

No new pics??????

Get notified of new replies

To Latest photos are up... Can see the seats

Old 09-20-2012, 02:14 PM
c4gone
Drifting

Maybe the supposedly back seats are the port a potty!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahah
Old 09-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
Man we all wanted better seats but I didn't want the Boy Racer seats. I was hoping for something like found in Jaguars/MB etc.

I hope those are optional seats.
Those C7 seats don't look too far off.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:19 PM
c4gone
Drifting

Nice car

Quick Reply: Latest photos are up... Can see the seats