Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

we aren't looking at a c7 zr1...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:42 PM
zx10cobra
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default we aren't looking at a c7 zr1...

there's no way, regardless of their claims, that any of the sketches that jalopnik posted, or CAD drawings from keeks are of a ZR1 bodied c7. look at how masked off this car has been, and will continue to be untill it's unveil. do you really think they're going to show us a detailed model of what the 'supercar' of a corvette is to be three years from now... when we're still completely in the dark about the base c7? i believe people have seen the car, sure... but i'm not entirely convinced that it will resemble any of these renderings that have been claimed to be the 'real thing'. IF these people did infact see a car, who is to say that they saw the version GM was going to release two years down the road, it's all kind of doubtful. I think that the CAD drawing was just part of a strategy to coax people into thinking that we're seeing a glimpse of the c7. in reality, i say we haven't seen the actual car at all.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:58 PM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your right, the jalopnik car isn't what's under those covers.

Now explain to me why. Is it because the hatch in the picture appears to slope down at 41* while the camo cars appear to slope down at 40* or other tiny details like that that I see others trying to use to explain why the jalopnik car is actually the next mustang, not even corvette?

Jalopnik saw a preproduction car somehow, and showed it. These recent images match up. Maybe the center stack could change in that time, or the angle of the wing, but what you see is roughly what you get. Its that simple. I don't like the looks much, but I accept reality.

I just want to see PR war between Jalopnik and GM when they reveal the vette and Jalop brings up all the denial letters GM sent them, calling them out. It will be completely unprofessional, but probably hilarious.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:59 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,447 Likes on 2,272 Posts

OP - How do you explain the Bermuda Triangle-like disappearance of Keeks' thread then?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by zx10rcobra
there's no way, regardless of their claims, that any of the sketches that jalopnik posted, or CAD drawings from keeks are of a ZR1 bodied c7. look at how masked off this car has been, and will continue to be untill it's unveil. do you really think they're going to show us a detailed model of what the 'supercar' of a corvette is to be three years from now...
No, I don't think they would.
But that's just it, they didn't show us anything.
We may have seen it yes, but the powers that be (that didn't want us to see it in the first place) didn't actually show it to us.

Last edited by LS1LT1; 09-27-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 PM
jd_black_00
Melting Slicks

Received 470 Likes on 145 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12, '14

there's no way, regardless of their claims, that any of the sketches that jalopnik posted, or CAD drawings from keeks are of a ZR1 bodied c7. look at how masked off this car has been, and will continue to be untill it's unveil. do you really think they're going to show us a detailed model of what the 'supercar' of a corvette is to be three years from now... when we're still completely in the dark about the base c7? i believe people have seen the car, sure... but i'm not entirely convinced that it will resemble any of these renderings that have been claimed to be the 'real thing'. IF these people did infact see a car, who is to say that they saw the version GM was going to release two years down the road, it's all kind of doubtful. I think that the CAD drawing was just part of a strategy to coax people into thinking that we're seeing a glimpse of the c7. in reality, i say we haven't seen the actual car at all.
I can't believe people are still fighting this. The surfacing on the screenshot that keeks posted is very sophisticated. I'm an industrial designer and most of my co-workers couldn't model something that complex and sleek in CAD. That image is as authentic as it gets.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:27 PM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
No, I don't they would.
We may have seen it yes, but the powers that be (that didn't want us to see it in the first place) didn't actually show it to us.
Aaaaaaand there's the answer. Chevy has to test them in public, its impossible not to for real world factors and results. Chevy "gave" us nothing. In fact, it's their lawyers that probably had the cad drawings pulled.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:58 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
OP - How do you explain the Bermuda Triangle-like disappearance of Keeks' thread then?
They just did that so we would think it was real.
It's all part of the conspiracy, man.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:28 PM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

Breaking news; We never walked on the moon, they just wanted you to think we did. Disregard the TV footage you saw, it was all part of the hoax.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:31 PM
JeffInDFW
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

9/11 was an inside job.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:48 PM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffInDFW
9/11 was an inside job.
I am glad you brought that up; Bin Laden is still alive! The book by the Seal team member is all part of the front.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:58 AM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sssssseriously?????

I haven't seen grown men this delusional since the '08 DNC.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:10 AM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

Originally Posted by SlickShoes

Sssssseriously?????

I haven't seen grown men this delusional since the '08 DNC.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:48 PM
zx10cobra
Instructor

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
No, I don't think they would.

my point is that GM isn't going to show a production C7 Z06, or C7 ZR1 before they even show the base model... and they're not going to let it be seen
Old 09-28-2012, 07:50 PM
zx10cobra
Instructor

...funny how you get one retard to start with a stupid comment, and you get a whole bunch of followers. to each his own. i don't let people sway my thoughts, you guys should realize that we have no proof of anything we've heard about this car being actual. we don't know
Old 09-28-2012, 08:37 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

my point is that GM isn't going to show a production C7 Z06, or C7 ZR1 before they even show the base model... and they're not going to let it be seen
There is the key point. Chevrolet did not allow any of those pictures to be seen. That is the concept of a leak. Someone from the inside allowed them to escape. If the base C7 is going to be released in less than a year, you can bet they have nearly finished the development of the high performance models as well.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:48 PM
zx10cobra
Instructor

Originally Posted by redvette77
There is the key point. Chevrolet did not allow any of those pictures to be seen. That is the concept of a leak. Someone from the inside allowed them to escape. If the base C7 is going to be released in less than a year, you can bet they have nearly finished the development of the high performance models as well.
what pictures? the only pictures out there to be seen of the car are cars covered with padding that is several inches thick. you're talking about a free-hand sketch and some CAD drawings that anybody with a little bit of know-how could produce. what proof is there that we're looking at a production model of a c7, let alone a c7 ZR1?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

...funny how you get one retard to start with a stupid comment, and you get a whole bunch of followers. to each his own. i don't let people sway my thoughts, you guys should realize that we have no proof of anything we've heard about this car being actual. we don't know
So the Omega Tool video says nothing?? Especially considering how it matches the Jalopnik images?

Get notified of new replies

To we aren't looking at a c7 zr1...

Old 09-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is a train wreck because the OP makes the assumption that any 'leak' that's happened was planned by GM. A huge company like that doesn't play silly games. Everything they do has to be explained to the shareholders eventually.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:16 PM
zx10cobra
Instructor

Originally Posted by BlueOx
So the Omega Tool video says nothing?? Especially considering how it matches the Jalopnik images?
that doesn't mean much either. how many different panels do you think omega made before they finalized a design?

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide
This thread is a train wreck because the OP makes the assumption that any 'leak' that's happened was planned by GM. A huge company like that doesn't play silly games. Everything they do has to be explained to the shareholders eventually.
no, this whole forum is a train wreck... because everybody is up those certain people's asses that claim to have seen this, and that. ok... so if they did see anything, who says that they saw the actual car... and if they did see the car, who says that their information is truthful? everything in this forum is nothing more than speculation.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that doesn't mean much either. how many different panels do you think omega made before they finalized a design?

no, this whole forum is a train wreck... because everybody is up those certain people's asses that claim to have seen this, and that. ok... so if they did see anything, who says that they saw the actual car... and if they did see the car, who says that their information is truthful? everything in this forum is nothing more than speculation.
Almost 30% of the camoed car is totally uncovered and matches 98% Jalopnik's render's corresponding parts. Do you deny that?

Quick Reply: we aren't looking at a c7 zr1...