Sponsored by:

C7 Infotainment

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 04:52 PM
shawnvettefan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EBVette
Do you really need all that refinement in a Corvette? It certainly is very impressive, and no doubt belongs in a Caddy, after all a Caddy always represented luxury, peformance, and conviences. A Corvette has become so refined during that past 25 years, each time you loose a little more of the "premative" nature of the Corvette that separated it from Luxury cars.

I remember David Hill totally against putting ANY remote switches on the Corvette steering wheel, as he believed it took away from the Corvette driving experience....

Technology certainly has its place in the new Corvette, but personally I think this is a bit overkill for a Corvette. If I want CUE, I will buy a Caddy, with the C7 I want Corvette. If its a must have, offer this as an option, satisfy both the techi crowd and the performance crowd.

Impressive, but necessary in a Corvette?
YES 100%. Look at the calender, it's 2012. Times have changed and so has competition and markets. This is not the 60's & 70's when sports cars are all about the bare essentials.

Besides a Corvette is a higher line and priced car than Cadillacs and it needs to have the most cutting edge and highest quality of any GM car out there.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:39 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnvettefan
YES 100%. Look at the calender, it's 2012. Times have changed and so has competition and markets. This is not the 60's & 70's when sports cars are all about the bare essentials.

Besides a Corvette is a higher line and priced car than Cadillacs and it needs to have the most cutting edge and highest quality of any GM car out there.

Finally somebody gets it

Well said!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:40 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,837 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnvettefan

Exactly what I was getting ready to say.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:16 PM
G-man1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
Exactly what I was getting ready to say.
100% true.... we need the best!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Yes!!!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
Yes!!!!!
Completely agree, I want performance, a bad *** looking exterior as well as a refined interior, I'd like a similar user interface as an option if not standard in the next gen Vette.
Corvette performance, style and sex appeal meets Cadillac interior refinement, now there's a recipe for success if I've ever seen one.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:49 AM
Buck-I
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks pretty cool except for the nav... Maybe they should have partnered with google for that.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14

Originally Posted by EBVette
Do you really need all that refinement in a Corvette? It certainly is very impressive, and no doubt belongs in a Caddy, after all a Caddy always represented luxury, peformance, and conviences. A Corvette has become so refined during that past 25 years, each time you loose a little more of the "premative" nature of the Corvette that separated it from Luxury cars.

I remember David Hill totally against putting ANY remote switches on the Corvette steering wheel, as he believed it took away from the Corvette driving experience....

Technology certainly has its place in the new Corvette, but personally I think this is a bit overkill for a Corvette. If I want CUE, I will buy a Caddy, with the C7 I want Corvette. If its a must have, offer this as an option, satisfy both the techi crowd and the performance crowd.

Impressive, but necessary in a Corvette?

The Corvette is a performance car and we all want some refinement. I don't think that many (if any) of us are looking for a luxury car.

One of the reasons I purchased a Corvette was that I loved the performance. There are forum members that just love the overall peformance and you can never have enough horsepower .......

Quick Reply: C7 Infotainment