C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If the C7 doesn't impress you what will you buy instead?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 02:09 PM
You_Vette_Your_Ass
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Ferrari FF...tho I will have to sell all my cars, my house, and my wife to afford one. But it would be a perfect all around car!

Kill it!

Kill it now!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:16 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,196 Posts

Ferrari FF...tho I will have to sell all my cars, my house, and my wife to afford one. But it would be a perfect all around car!

Looks like a 458 had an illicit affair with a Z4 coupe, and this is the b@st@rd offspring............... I think a Mazda snuck in there someplace to contribute the grill...

I do like the interior 'tho!

Last edited by tuxnharley; 10-29-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:18 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,476 Likes on 2,278 Posts

If I don't like the C7?

Then I'll keep my C6ZR and C6 Callaway. They are a blast to drive, and I love how they look. So I'll just keep enjoying them.

My guess is, I'll like the C7, tho (I'm reserving judgment on that butt until I can see the real car in person).
Old 10-29-2012, 02:19 PM
scootguy58
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default First and last....

Don't get me wrong, we have had a great relationship with our Vette and have many great road trips as well as trips to the supermarket (61thousand miles), but, being an older Baby Boomer (1947), them there cars with the DCT's are calling me!
Driving the new M5 and Audi S6 is truly an experience and not one to be overlooked. So, unless the C7 is truly spectacular, we will be moving on.
Gosh, I will miss the "Show and Shines"!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:27 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by You_Vette_Your_Ass
Kill it!

Kill it now!
Doubt you would say that if you drove one...at least from all of the tests I've read have said. It's a very impressive car to see and hear in person. I'd love to have driven it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki8faz6tl9A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85lIoyAcB-w
Old 10-29-2012, 02:56 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

I'l either keep my C6 or (short list)

1. new Viper
2. AM Vantage
3. used Ferrari F430

Or I may just go out there and have some fun by getting a Race Car Replica roller and doing a custom build.

I am also really angered by the Obama GM bailout (payoff to the unions) and that will feature prominently in my decision to get another GM product. So that new Corvette would have to be mighty impressive to get me over that hump. Ford and Chrysler did not get this handout, so I feel fine looking at their products.

Last edited by TTRotary; 10-29-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:15 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
Looks like a 458 had an illicit affair with a Z4 coupe, and this is the b@st@rd offspring............... I think a Mazda snuck in there someplace to contribute the grill...

I do like the interior 'tho!

It actually looks a LOT like the new F12 to me and I have seen them both together.
F12...

FF...

And I sure don't hear anyone saying the new F12 is ugly!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:20 PM
2K3Z06
Burning Brakes

Location: KADS- If it has wings or an engine, I can break it. Dallas TX
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boxster S, IS 350 Convertible, Mustang convertible, 3 seris convertible, used GS vert.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:28 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,839 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by smonska
Audi RS5 only because I can't afford an R8. :-)
That's actually my top contender if I don't like the C7. I'm sure the RS5 won't be as fast as the 'Vette, but there's a 99.9% chance it's going to have a better looking exterior and interior so it boils down to performance vs. looks.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Carver Electrics
Drifting

Only reason I said what I said is that I am sick of the Mustang being talked about on the C7 forum. If you want to spend hours yammering on about a car I will never buy, take it to the OTHER CARS forum and talk about it all you want.

ANY car/truck could be a sales competitor for the Corvette. It is all about priorities. If I wanted/needed a different vehicle, a ton of vehicles might be in my ballpark to look at. But if I wanted a great high-po convertible/coupe that I love the looks/performance of, it would be a very small group of cars that I could afford to look at and HP is just one small part of my rationale. Even then, the Mustang ain't gonna be one because I owned enough Fords that I gave up on them because the quality was poor. Add to that I think that Mustangs look like a flying brick, and I rest my case.

The folks at GM/Corvette will not worry about the Mustang unless and until it becomes a lot more Ford GT-like. Then it isn't a Mustang anymore. Until then, the Camaro folks are minding the store very well, thank you very much. They continue to completely own what was more than half of the Mustang market just a few short years ago. Ford must be sh*tt*n' a brick!

Whatever floats your boat Ox. All I can tell you is if you're already sick hearing about the Mustang on CF plan on seeing your doctor quite often.

I also hope you're wrong about the GM/Corvette team not worried about the Mustang. Nothing more in the world would **** me off more than a stock Mustang at $56k beating or coming very close to beating my new, and probably more expensive C7 on the track whether it be the 1/4 or oval.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:00 PM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

I'm not sure yet, but that's something I've been thinking about lately. If certain things about the C7 turn out to be true, then I'm probably not going to be very interested in it. I don't know what else I'd get, though... Might just not get anything for a while.

I do like the Mustang, and the next gen sounds promising, but I wouldn't feel like it was a big enough upgrade over my current ride to be worth it right now... maybe a GT500, but that's just not my top choice for a weekend fun/track car (which the C7 would be for me).

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 10-29-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:13 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Carver Electrics
Whatever floats your boat Ox. All I can tell you is if you're already sick hearing about the Mustang on CF plan on seeing your doctor quite often.

I also hope you're wrong about the GM/Corvette team not worried about the Mustang. Nothing more in the world would **** me off more than a stock Mustang at $56k beating or coming very close to beating my new, and probably more expensive C7 on the track whether it be the 1/4 or oval.
Whatever your priorities, I guess. You are assuming a lot. You know Shelby has a 1000 hp Mustang, right? Whadya gonna do then?
Old 10-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Carver Electrics

how about a $65,000 boss/gt500 right behind your 100k C7 Z?

I'll make a prediction right now... when the new Mustang is introduced, it will soon after send GM scrambling back to the drawing board to introduce an all new Camaro (which will flop) and the Camaro will be discontinued yet again.

I hate Ford but I have a feeling the new Boss/GT500 will be a game changer and the new performance bargin. It will finally make the transition to being a true sports car (track car).
Old 10-29-2012, 05:31 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

smh.....
Old 10-29-2012, 05:34 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
how about a $65,000 boss/gt500 right behind your 100k C7 Z?

I'll make a prediction right now... when the new Mustang is introduced, it will soon after send GM scrambling back to the drawing board to introduce an all new Camaro (which will flop) and the Camaro will be discontinued yet again.

I hate Ford but I have a feeling the new Boss/GT500 will be a game changer and the new performance bargin. It will finally make the transition to being a true sports car (track car).
Some of you guys need to remember that sales matter. So who is scrambling?

Right now, even as we speak, with the Boss302, GT350, and GT500, Ford is putting a lot of money into all this and they are STILL losing the sales battle to the Camaro and have basically since the day the Camaro came out.

Trust me, GM will NOT be discontinuing the Camaro any time soon. What is funny is all you guys who keep talking about the next gen Mustang...I guess you know the existing one just isn't makin' it, even with almost 670 hp!

Last edited by BlueOx; 10-29-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Put down the crack pipe Ox. Save your wife, house and cars and just buy a BMW Z4.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Hebstar11
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by SlickShoes
M3.
I like the M#'s too but aren't they changing in 2014 or 15?

Get notified of new replies

To If the C7 doesn't impress you what will you buy instead?

Old 10-29-2012, 05:43 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
Put down the crack pipe Ox. Save your wife, house and cars and just buy a BMW Z4.
Seriously though, why would you think the new Camaro will flop when the existing one is stealing the Mustang's market share almost every month? You think Camaro doesn't have a plan for the next gen with the LT whatever?
Old 10-29-2012, 05:44 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default keep what i have

Originally Posted by Boo383
Everyone here is obviously quite interested in what the next vette will be, and we want every detail we can get! If the final product fails to impress you what other cars will you seriously consider buying instead?

Personally I am interested to see what the next gen Miata brings to the table. It should weigh in around 2200 lbs. and with Mazdas new Skyactiv tech average 40mpg.

I also can't ignore the upcoming 2015 lighter weight and IRS Mustang either. If the 2015 Pony car loses enough weight and uses the Boss version of the 5.0 with 444hp it could be close to C7 performance for less money. I never thought I'd consider a Mustang over a Vette, and I hope the C7 continues the Corvette tradition of maximum overall performance per dollar.
i'm sure people who bought the iphone4s felt the same when the 5 showed up.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Some of you guys need to remember that sales matter. So who is scrambling?

Right now, even as we speak, with the Boss302, GT350, and GT500, Ford is putting a lot of money into all this and they are STILL losing the sales battle to the Camaro and have basically since the day the Camaro came out.

Trust me, GM will NOT be discontinuing the Camaro any time soon. What is funny is all you guys who keep talking about the next gen Mustang...I guess you know the existing one just isn't makin' it, even with almost 670 hp!
The Mustang is due for a refresh...and it is coming. I'll say it again, the Boss and GT500 will be a game changer...mark my words. GM does not share the same commitment to the Camaro than Ford has to the Mustang. When things get though with the Camaro, they will scrap it again. The new Mustang will drive it out.

Quick Reply: If the C7 doesn't impress you what will you buy instead?