Sponsored by:

January Car & Driver - C7 On Cover

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 10:27 AM
OJCrush08
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default January Car & Driver - C7 On Cover

Picked up a new C & D mag today which features C7 on the cover. They claim to have all the good stuff on the car. Do they? I do not like all the side cove "glitz" their pic shows and still not a fan of the rear styling either. Seems clear the car will come in at about 3000 lbs (depending on options I guess) which is right about where my Z is now - good thing. Still saying the same about LT1 power and speculating a base coupe will start around $55k...

They say it is "arguably the most attractive, relevant Vette since the 63-67's. Personally, I disagree, but it is all subjective.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:32 AM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

They don't have a pic of the c7. The car will be revealed on 1/13/2013 anything else is speculation. Even the renderings made from peopl who have seen the camo'd version
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by OJCrush08
Picked up a new C & D mag today which features C7 on the cover. They claim to have all the good stuff on the car. Do they? I do not like all the side cove "glitz" their pic shows and still not a fan of the rear styling either. Seems clear the car will come in at about 3000 lbs (depending on options I guess) which is right about where my Z is now - good thing. Still saying the same about LT1 power and speculating a base coupe will start around $55k...

They say it is "arguably the most attractive, relevant Vette since the 63-67's. Personally, I disagree, but it is all subjective.
OJ , Whaaaat???? Please show us this cover... I can't find it online.

Actual pic or illustration ????
Old 11-27-2012, 11:44 AM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by John T
OJ , Whaaaat???? Please show us this cover... I can't find it online.

Actual pic or illustration ????
See 1320vetteran's post #2.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:52 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

OJ's a sharp dude, he's not crazy, now where is this pic ?????? C&D for subscribers could be out for Jan...
Old 11-27-2012, 11:59 AM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

OJ's a sharp dude, he's not crazy, now where is this pic ?????? C&D for subscribers could be out for Jan...
Mine hasn't shown up in the mail as of yet...maybe today it will
Old 11-27-2012, 12:01 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran
Mine hasn't shown up in the mail as of yet...maybe today it will
1320, does it usually show up at the end of the month?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:04 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, take a pic of it with your cell and ship it to us.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:20 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Somebody post a picture of the supposed C7 on the cover...
Old 11-27-2012, 12:37 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I suspect that GM has sent out to the rags, the press release kit covering the Detroit Auto Show of the C7. While the rags might not show an actual picture of the C7(that GM supplied in the press kit) they will know what it looks like, and will have the specs on the C7.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:38 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,939 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Mine usually is here by now, but haven't seen it yet. Motor Trend and Automobile each showed up yesterday, both with Tesla on the cover as car of the year................
Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

OJ, I can be at your home in 60 minutes with your favorite carry out..

At this point in time I would think C and D has something very accurate . Heck, they have more camo shots of the C7 than anyone, 250+.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:48 PM
OJCrush08
Burning Brakes

Guys, here is the deal. I was passing through Union Station in D.C. this morning when I saw the Jan issue of C&D with this on the front cover: "Secrets of THE NEXT VETTE - all the C7 details Chevy doesn't want you to know." I thought subscribers usually get their mags before they pop on the newstands, but maybe not in all cases...

Now, I do not visit the C7 forum as often as many of you do because I am not a C7 buyer (still modding my C6 Z). The Vette on the cover is clearly a rendering. However, C&D has a reasonably decent rep for an auto mag, I would think that they would not put themselves too far out on the literary limb with a so-called "scoop" that will only be ridiculed in a month or so, if their article is full of inaccuracies.

But maybe they are taking what they consider to be a prudent risk to sell copy, hoping they are guessing right?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:50 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Around the last week of the month. It's usually here by now. The lady sometimes puts the mail to the side without telling me my magazines have arrived...maybe that is the case again. To be honest though I pay more attention to when Hot Rod, Super Chevy and Chevy High Performance arrive. When Car&Driver, Road&Track or Motortrend arrive, I look at the cover or the index to see if thy have anything Chevy related or something Hyperexotic to read about...if not it just goes into the library for reading later on. lol
Originally Posted by tuxnharley
Mine usually is here by now, but haven't seen it yet. Motor Trend and Automobile each showed up yesterday, both with Tesla on the cover as car of the year................
I got MotorTrend on Saturday and saw that Telsa..
Old 11-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,551 Likes on 529 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Guys, here is the deal. I was passing through Union Station in D.C. this morning when I saw the Jan issue of C&D with this on the front cover: "Secrets of THE NEXT VETTE - all the C7 details Chevy doesn't want you to know." I thought subscribers usually get their mags before they pop on the newstands, but maybe not in all cases...

Now, I do not visit the C7 forum as often as many of you do because I am not a C7 buyer (still modding my C6 Z). The Vette on the cover is clearly a rendering. However, C&D has a reasonably decent rep for an auto mag, I would think that they would not put themselves too far out on the literary limb with a so-called "scoop" that will only be ridiculed in a month or so, if their article is full of inaccuracies.

But maybe they are taking what they consider to be a prudent risk to sell copy, hoping they are guessing right?

My buddy is an ahole. He said its by far the best rendition so far and they make it look real even though its an illustration with photoshop and vizio......

can someone post a picture. he is making me wait to see it in person.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:55 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6
My buddy is an ahole. He said its by far the best rendition so far and they make it look real even though its an illustration with photoshop and vizio......

can someone post a picture. he is making me wait to see it in person.
Just nervous banter but I really believe that C & D has a gentleman's agreement with GM not to blow their "teaser" program, etc. I am very surprised we would see anything from them.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 PM
tomzarbo
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Realistic Renderings...

For the last few months, Car and Driver has been "rendering" many various cars to the degree that they look a lot like pictures. I mean with realistic backgrounds, etc. Hard to distinguish from real.

They must've gotten a good artist in there recently.

Many on their website now... new mustang rendered for example.

I get CnD but haven't gotten that issue yet, but looking forward to it!

I would tend to trust CnD with their speculationisms on this, they are usually in the ballpark. Of course, we all pretty much 'know' a lot of the secrets, or at least we think we do.

TomZ

Get notified of new replies

To January Car & Driver - C7 On Cover

Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

I am heading out in about 30 minutes for lunch..will see if I can find one for sale near the office. Will take a picture and post it.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tomzarbo
For the last few months, Car and Driver has been "rendering" many various cars to the degree that they look a lot like pictures. I mean with realistic backgrounds, etc. Hard to distinguish from real.

They must've gotten a good artist in there recently.

Many on their website now... new mustang rendered for example.

I get CnD but haven't gotten that issue yet, but looking forward to it!

I would tend to trust CnD with their speculationisms on this, they are usually in the ballpark. Of course, we all pretty much 'know' a lot of the secrets, or at least we think we do.

TomZ
I agree Tom and it will interesting to compare C&D to Jalopnik.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:03 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

He is what they thought it would look like in 2011...as a 2013.

Quick Reply: January Car & Driver - C7 On Cover